Cayden's Enlistment Interview (Attn: Craig)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Teddy
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Kiellan Lomore Asha'man
SC: Cayden Mantear

Re: Cayden's Enlistment Interview (Attn: Craig)

Post by Teddy » February 8th, 2016, 11:26 pm

Cayden followed the Master of Training away from the armory, into a new building. Cayden was still busy trying to process everything he had seen in the last couple of hours. All those different weapons, that armor, and all the information that came with it had his head spinning. He was still trying to figure out which he wanted to try out, and which he wouldn't have time for, but Ferran was still throwing new information at him as they walked to Cayden's new home. He was going to share his room with somebody else? How did people even do that?

Cayden looked at the long, long list of rules the Master of Training handed him. Light, they were really convinced he was a servant, weren't they? Some of the rules seemed very similar to those back home, and were no less than logical, like showing respect to Asha'man, Aes Sedai and Gaidin or Gaidar, and, to some extent, to the higher learning ranks, or going to classes prepared. Some of them, however, where completely asinine. He was supposed to keep his own room clean? Who did that? That was the whole reason servants existed. Cayden suddenly started doubting whether he shouldn't have applied for that job, since all the work seemed to be done by the students anyway. Or perhaps they only did this to nobles, to humble them.

By the time Cayden finished reading the list of rules, they had arrived at their destination. The size of the room flustered Cayden for a second. It was so small, it barely managed to contain two beds and a desk, as well as a chest for his clothing. The size of the chest was his next scare. How was he supposed to fit his clothes in there? Sure, he had only brought the clothes on his back, but he had expected to buy some new ones at his arrival. He suddenly remembered one of the rules: he was only supposed to wear Grey Tower attire. A few sets of the same boring grey uniforms were laid out on his bed. They didn't look particularly comfortable. Hopefully, they would let him keep the more expensive clothes he was wearing now.

Cayden managed to keep his face smooth as he accepted the key from Ferran. He had no idea who he would give his spare key to, but there was no reason to tell the Master of Training that. He didn't want to sound pitiful. For now, it would do to take some time to settle into this new place. It was to be his home for the next years, after all. "No, thank you, master Carbern. Everything seems clear. I'm sure you have more important issues to take care of."

He waited for the Master of Training to nod, and then bowed. As the older man finally left, Cayden closed the door and set down on the bed and looked around. Once again, the size of the room made him uncomfortable. It was so much smaller than his room back home. Of course, his bed had been a lot larger as well, but it still seemed strange that people actually lived in this place. But he would live here, if they forced him to, and he would have to accept that this was his new home. But that didn't mean his past was gone. He took the ring off his finger, the beautiful ring with the anvil, and put it on his dresser. It would be a symbol of his past, to make sure it wouldn't be forgotten in the face of his new life.

OOC: Thanks so much! I don't think a mentor will be necessary, I have a lot of stuff to get to anyway. Well, it's been fun, and if I have any other questions, I'll ask you!
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik