Gathering the Emissary (Attn: Teddy)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

Gathering the Emissary (Attn: Teddy)

Post by Leala » January 26th, 2016, 3:20 am

Leala read her reports from her staff on her estates as she walked up the spiral staircase to her offices. Preparations were going well. While the manor was usually spotless, it was even more spotless, if that were possible. Not only that, but the staff was bringing out pieces of House Gymorraine's legacy. It was not a very prominent house, but it still had its place in Andor's history. Satisfied that things were going well, she glided into her office and folded the papers, tucking them into the small, warded drawer where her missives from estate staff were kept. Her meeting with Jaryd the day before had gone well. She felt they were on the same page. While her letter did not specifically state her intentions, the Red Ajah of the White Tower had a much different reputation than the Reds in the Grey Tower. Leala stared at her desk for a moment.

Now she needed diplomats. She was a noble, and Jaryd held a very high position in the Grey Tower, and had even held a higher position than that before. However, she needed Asha'man who made it their mission to be emissaries, non-partisan representatives, arbitrators. She needed the Asha'man of the Grey Ajah.

Even though she was also the Head of her Ajah, she did not know the whereabouts of Asha'man Kiellan. However, if she had to ponder a guess, she would assume that he was in the same hall at the moment. Leala left her office and walked the curve of the hallway until she reached the office of the Head Clerk. She knocked on the door, then waited for a response. If he was not here, she would write a message to him, asking for a meeting. She was getting a little tired of writing messages, asking for and granting permission for meetings, though. She hoped he would be in his office.

Teddy
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Kiellan Lomore Asha'man
SC: Cayden Mantear

Re: Gathering the Emissary (Attn: Teddy)

Post by Teddy » January 26th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Kiellan sighed as he looked at his desk. Different kinds of reports were scattered all over the place: reports from the Grey eyes-and-ears, progress reports from the different Greys out furthering the cause of their Ajah, it seemed impossible to keep track of it all. But he would get the hang of it, eventually. He had only been Head Clerk for less than a month now, and with surprisingly little experience. Kiellan had never expected to be nominated, let alone to be picked, but in retrospect, it made sense. He was a good talker, and a good representative of the Grey. And, most importantly, he had friends in most of the other Ajahs. As the Ajah of diplomacy, the Grey had a reputation to live up to, and being friends with the others always helped.

Still, the administrative tasks were still hard. Nevane Sedai, one of the Sitters, had helped him in the transition, which had been an amazing help, but it was difficult and arduous work nonetheless. Kiellan had always imagined himself travelling, when he finally reached the chain, but now that he had finally accomplished that, he was stuck here doing paperwork. Although, to be fair, it wasn't that bad; it was rather fun, actually. He had always wanted to make a difference, and what better way to do that than as the leader of, in Kiellan's opinion, the most important Ajah in the Grey Tower.

He glanced over a report from the eyes-and-ears in Ebou Dar, and whinced. Apparently, the Seanchan were still close, and drawing closer. Well, that could be expected. He just wished he could go home, see his family again. He hadn't seen them in seven years now, and in all that time, there had rarely been a day where he hadn't thought about them. Yes, that would be his first priority, when he had the time. To go home. See his parents.

Kiellan shot up as he heard a sudden sound, but then realized it had simply been a knock on the door. That was surprising, he didn't have an appointment. Well, he would have to see. "Come in," he said, making sure his voice was loud enough to be heard from outside, without shouting.
Image Image

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » January 27th, 2016, 2:17 am

Leala went through the situation in her mind once more, then filtered out how to ask the Head of the Grey Ajah about it. She had a feeling that this wouldn't be a difficult meeting, but it always helped to know what one was talking about. She even took into account what her staff had told her about preparations for the unexpected guests. As her mind flitted through the files of information, she moved a strand or two of pale hair behind her ear. By the time she finished, there was an answer on the other side. Leala was perhaps a bit too relieved when she heard Kiellan's voice on the other side of the door. She would not have to send another messenger with another invitation. Opening the door, she glided in, closing the door behind her. "Asha'man Kiellan," she said, nodding her head in greeting as she walked in, her skirts barely moving as she moved. "I hope you are well." She gave him a cordial smile.

"I apologize for coming to you without any notice," she added smoothly as she walked up to his desk. "I received word of a situation yesterday which has sent the staff at my family's lands into somewhat of a frenzy, and I ask your aid, if you would be willing." With that, she gracefully sat in one of the desks positioned in front of the desk. She knew that she should give him the chance to ask her what she needed, but she had much going on around this that she had to orchestrate.

"The situation is one that I believe may affect the Grey Tower. I received a missive among the messages that I received from my family's lands that was from an Aes Sedai in the White Tower, one of the Red Ajah. She explained that while she and her sisters were visiting the Four Kings, they heard of House Gymorraine's lands, and my ties to the Grey Tower. They will be there in a little over a week. Besides hearing of my status in the Grey Tower, she did not give any indication of the purpose of her visit. I have spoken with Asha'man Jaryd, and he has agreed to come with me to meet them. I think perhaps meeting an Asha'man from the Red Ajah raised to a high position would give them a better perspective of our mission. I would also like at least two Asha'man of the Grey Ajah to accompany us as well. I would like the sisters to at the very least leave with the impression that cooperation between Aes Sedai and Asha'man is something that the Grey Tower not only strives for, but excels at." She had more to add, but she knew that sometimes, too much information could overload one's conversation partner. Above all, she wanted the other Aes Sedai to know that she would not be bullied. They had clearly thought she would be caught off guard, and she would not stand for it.

Teddy
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Teddy » January 28th, 2016, 10:31 pm

Kiellan looked up, surprised. He had not expected this person to come in. Leala Sedai wasn't much older than him, only three years or something, but like Kiellan, she was head of her own Ajah. Kiellan had done some research on his fellow Ajah heads, and Leala had been particularly interesting. A noble from Andor, she had apparently always known she wanted to join the White Ajah. The White had always interested Kiellan. It was one of the smallest Ajahs in the White Tower, and it had been the first one Kiellan had dismissed for himself. He could see the value in logic, but in no way was he a logical person himself. He just valued his gut feeling too much.

He returned her smile. "Welcome, Leala Sedai. I am well, thank you, and you? What brings you here, if I may be so direct?" The answer was surprising. This situation seemed very complicated, especially considering the delicate relationship between the White and the Grey Tower. This would be his first real opportunity to show his worth as Head Clerk. The Grey Ajah was the Ajah of peace, after all, and most likely no peace was as important as the one between the Towers. A war between channelers would ravage the land, and besides, it would result in an overall loss for the forces of the Light.

"Yes, I think it would be best if some representatives from the Grey Ajah came along." He had only been Head Clerk for a short time. Who would he sent? He still didn't have a clear picture of his brothers and sisters' capacities. Now that he thought of it, that might be good to prioritize. But, hadn't he just been thinking about travelling? Yes, perhaps this would be a good opportunity. "The situation seems precarious. I will take on this mission myself, if that's okay with you. I have the authority to act on behalf of the Grey Ajah, should the situation ever become tricky. Besides me, we can take Derren Jolstraer. He is more experienced than me, and he's a good man. Would that suffice? When were you planning on leaving?"
Image Image

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » January 31st, 2016, 8:56 pm

Leala was inwardly relieved when Kiellan did not take offense to how direct she had been. She had not had many interactions with him and was not exactly sure how he would take her no-nonsense approach to most things. As he spoke, she was glad to hear that he was immediately ready to come along with the party himself. He even offered the services of another Asha'man. While she had not had many interactions with either of them directly, she had paid special attention to the Grey Ajah during her tenure at the Grey Tower. Having been born and raised in a noble household, she was taught about diplomacy before coming here, so the Grey Ajah had held some interest to her, but not as the home of her Ajah. She still watched the members of the Grey Ajah. Their actions could hold consequences for her lands or for her own Ajah as well. She was glad to have the support of the Head Clerk in this case.

"I would be honored to have you participate, Asha'man Kiellan," she responded with a polite smile, "and anyone else you believe would help will suffice. As for when I am leaving, I will be taking a gateway. I have an arrangement with my staff to stay out of my rooms if I am in the Tower, so I will likely be leaving the day that they arrive. Until then, I will be Traveling back and forth between here and my lands to check on preparations and give extra instructions. You are welcome to make a visit there as well, if you feel that you need to."

Teddy
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Teddy » February 1st, 2016, 11:06 pm

Kiellan's heart still raced with excitement. This was his time to prove to his entire Ajah that they had made the right decision, to prove those who had doubted him that his inexperience was not a problem, and that he could represent the Grey Ajah with the dignity and intelligence befitting the office of Head Clerk. For a second, he felt like a Dedicated again, trying to prove to the Asha'man of the Grey Tower that he was worthy of being there, that he was good enough. He quickly dispelled that thought. No, he was not some boy trying to get their attention. He was their leader, and he had to think like a leader now.

Still, the fact that Jaryd was coming along steadied his nerves somewhat. Even though he hadn't talked to Jaryd in quite a while, the two of them had always gotten along, even when Kiellan was still a Soldier. Their shared heritage had created a bond between them, and it was one Kiellan was grateful for. To have that friend on the mission, along with the Grey Asha'man who had been the first to put the thought of joining the Grey in his head, made it a whole lot easier to be excited. Not that he doubted his own skills, but it was always good to get some confirmation from your companions.

He forced himself to focus on the issue at hand. "I don't think that would be necessary, unless you would prefer it, of course." As long as he was there when the White Tower representatives arrived, there would be no need for any further intrusions upon Leala Sedai's hospitality. Even though she had asked for his assistance, she was still the lady of the land, and he would respect her authority. That was actually one of the first lessons anyone in the Grey Ajah had to learn: know who's in charge and respect them. "I would like a report on the situation as it is now, if that would be possible. That should give me the information I need, or as much as possible. You can call on me for whatever you need, of course, but I think you will be able to handle most things until the Aes Sedai actually arrive. You said they didn't state the reason of their visit. Do you have any idea what it could be?"
Image Image

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » February 2nd, 2016, 3:59 am

Leala began to take a bit more interest in this Asha'man as he spoke. She had forgotten that she was speaking to a Grey for perhaps a moment or two. He was deferring to her in this matter as the lady of the lands where this meeting would take place. Each Ajah had their own agenda, the White included, but the Greys were out to be the peacemakers, and diplomacy was necessary to maintain peace. But she still wouldn't have expected anyone to so openly give her such control outright. "I appreciate your consideration, Kiellan, but you have graciously answered my plea for help, therefore, you have access to the resources that I have. My lands are open to you, should you feel the need to visit," she said, keeping her smile.

"A report of the situation would be a little difficult to garner in the immediate future," she admitted. "However, I can let you read the letter as it was given to me." Embracing Saidar, she wove a column of Spirit to make a small gateway facing downward, directly over a certain corner of her desk. She disarmed the small ward that she had on the box that was in the view of the small portal and opened it with a weave of Air, snatching the letter that was placed on top. She closed the box with that same flow of Air and warded the box once more. Once the letter was safely on the other side of the gateway, she closed it and let go of the True Source. She handed him the letter.

"As for their purpose, I can assume little," she explained. "The Aes Sedai who wrote it refused to acknowledge me as Aes Sedai. She also mentioned my attachments to the Grey Tower. I can at the very least conclude that she holds some contempt and questions the legitimacy of the Grey Tower. She may even feel that I threaten the influence of the White Tower on Andor. However, when I sit in court, I do it as a representative of my lands, and not as an Aes Sedai. I would at the very least hope that my fellow courtiers would have vouched for that. Until I have more details, I cannot logically conclude their specific intentions. However, I can prepare for what I do know."

((OOC: Here's the full letter: http://www.grey-tower.net/Board/viewtop ... =85&t=1449 ))

Teddy
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Teddy » February 5th, 2016, 11:49 pm

Kiellan smiled, inwards and outwards. This woman was clever, thank the Light. That would make his own job a whole lot easier. Of course, no person could become Head of the Ajah of logic without a solid brain on their shoulders, but it was still a relief. She seemed savvy in the way of nobles, probably thanks to her upbringing, and she wasn't arrogant about it either. That was a rare, but welcome combination. There was an interesting dynamic in this mission, and only someone who understood those nuances would be able to get through the situation unscathed. While Leala Sedai was still the lady of the land, and technically in charge of the situation, she seemed to understand that Kiellan was a valuable asset as well, and someone who should be listened to.

"It is good to keep in mind that, in this matter, you are a lady first and Aes Sedai second. Still, it is a complicated balance here. If you come to them as Aes Sedai, you will give the impression that you feel attacked as an Aes Sedai, and we cannot have that. Instead, you must show yourself as the lady of the land we are on; that you are Aes Sedai speaks for itself, and does not even need to be addressed. Only if you show that you believe it natural for them to acknowledge you as Aes Sedai will they treat you as such. However, you must not forget that you are indeed Aes Sedai, and they must not forget that either. Therefore, I would recommend you wear something that shows your family crest, or some kind of noble ceremonial clothes. To remind them of your true station, you should wear your serpent ring, as well. Do you understand why I'm saying this?" That last bit wasn't meant as an insult. Kiellan honestly believed that if anybody would've told him this a few years ago, he would've looked at them like they were mad. Still, detail was important with Aes Sedai, and their relationship with the White Tower was tenuous already.

He quickly read the letter, as carefully as the few seconds allowed him. Rossanda Sedai, of the Red Ajah, it was signed. Kiellan could remember the first stories he had heard about Aes Sedai, back when he was still a little boy from the Rahad, escaping his normal life for a couple of hours in the main part of Ebou Dar. Most of those stories had been about the evil witches of Tar Valon, who hunted men for sport and killed them for fun. While extremely exaggerated, those stories had been about the Red Ajah, and Kiellan still shuddered at the thought of what would've happened to him if they had found him before Rivaya and Fares. "The Red Ajah... That makes this interesting, like you mentioned. Yes, it will be good for them to see Asha'man." Something came to him, something so important it was strange that it came so late. "Leala Sedai, do you know how many Aes Sedai there will be? I know the letter doesn't mention it, but perhaps your eyes-and-ears have some idea? I'm a fair bit stronger than most women, and both Jaryd and Derren are even stronger than me, but it would be bad to be overwhelmed."
Image Image

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » February 14th, 2016, 7:50 pm

As Kiellan began detailing what wardrobe she should wear, Leala very nearly became angry, although this did not show on her face. Did he not think that she had already thought that through? She was not some scared novice, or some dreamy Brown. She quelled her anger, though. She had not told Jaryd how she planned to present herself, because she was not choosing him to be the head of her delegates. The fact that Kiellan had taken the time to think this through just meant that he was dedicated to what she was doing, and that he was thinking of strategies to help her, as she had asked him to do. "I'm sure you are saying this to make sure that I know you are on task. Thank you. I already have my wardrobe selected for the occasion, which is very similar to what you described. I will have my shawl with me, as I am a Sitter and First Reasoner, but it will simply sit in the room with me, rather than on my shoulders."

Then, he asked if her eyes-and-ears had picked up any information as to how many Aes Sedai there were in the party that she would be meeting with. That was a more difficult matter. The White Ajah of the White Tower had not instituted using eyes-and-ears, as she had learned from her studies. Something about keeping inward to study logic and truth. Leala would rather use logic and truth to help the outside world. After the White Ajah came to the Grey Tower, there was a system put in place, but it was not as well developed as the other Ajahs'. Still. Leala had her contacts, especially in the lands close to her home. "My contacts give me varying numbers, unfortunately. Some say four, some say six. I believe it lies within that range, but not leaning too close to ten. I think it is unlikely that we will be attacked, but it is good to keep in mind that we are all powerful people, and the meeting may very well end badly." Perhaps she should have Aelyn look through the angreal and ter'angreal to see if he could find something useful.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik