Writings in Time [Attn: Amayani do Ciresh a'Sorene Gaidar]

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Writings in Time [Attn: Amayani do Ciresh a'Sorene Gaidar]

Post by Bella » December 12th, 2015, 12:43 am

Derren Jolstraer Asha'man If nothing else, Derren Jolstraer was a man of projects.

When he wasn't called on missions for the Grey outside of the Tower, and that did happen frequently, he manufactured projects inside the Tower walls so that his mind would be kept busy. He liked the structure, and he liked the peace that came with it. One of the things that had always fascinated him, perhaps because of his lineage, was the history of the Tower. A topic that had nearly gotten him roped into the Brown.

Anyways, it was on such a project that he found himself in the Warder Yards and the halls of its administrators. He knew he was here to see, although he never actually met the Mistress of Arms himself. The Grey did not often have reason to end up in the Yards and less so in the officer's corridor. But today he had such reason and thus, here he was.

Checking that he had what he needed over his arm, he brought himself up before the door of the Mistress of Arms, and knocked politely.

Marit
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Amayani do Ciresh a'Sorene
SC: Ci'tanni Shannaran

Time Spent Writing

Post by Marit » January 16th, 2016, 10:56 am

Amayani do Ciresh a'Sorene There were days when being the Mistress of Arms was exciting, intriguing, challenging. And there were days when she desperately wanted to be anywhere but at her desk. This was one of those days. Outside the sun was warming, and the nearly windless weather was perfect for archery. In her office, though, dusk was already collecting on the piles of reports she needed to get through, and not from neglect.

The knock on her door was a welcome distraction, and she nearly threw her quill away as she called for the person to enter. Nearly.

She finished the note with her signature, and blew on it to dry the ink before folding it neatly and placing it in the stack awaiting her seal. Then she looked up at the man who had entered her office. She didn't recognise him, though there were something familiar in his features.

"Asha'man," she said, inclining her head in a greeting. "What can I do for you?"
ImageImage
Amayani do Ciresh a'Sorene, Gaidin Captain
Ci'tanni Shannaran, Novice

Bella

Re: Writings in Time [Attn: Amayani do Ciresh a'Sorene Gaidar]

Post by Bella » January 18th, 2016, 10:51 pm

Upon hearing his permission to enter, he opened the door and stepped inside. "Asha'man, what can I do for you?" He heard the question, although didn't reply right away, because frankly...well, the Mistress of Arms was a bit prettier than he'd been expecting. (Were you expecting Caden Ives to still be here, you woolhead? that Little Voice said.)

"Ah, yes, right, please forgive my intrusion," he began, recollecting him and regaining that minor break in his self-control. He smiled faintly, politely, showing himself clearly as a channeler of some years but not too many either. "My name is Derren Jolstraer. I'm working on a bit of a personal project--" He indicated the books and sheets of parchment over his arm. "--and I was wondering if you could help me.

"Would you have a few minutes to speak with me?"

Marit
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Amayani do Ciresh a'Sorene
SC: Ci'tanni Shannaran

Post by Marit » January 20th, 2016, 2:51 pm

More paperwork? Yani's initial reaction to the bunde in the Asha'man's arms and his request was to turn him away. She really didn't need any more paperwork right now. Her own stacks were growing too high already, and she really had to get through at least a few of them today.

But she already had the work far up her throat, and whatever the Asha'man wanted her help with, it would be a welcome distraction.

"Yeah, sure," she said and offered the man a smile. "Take a seat," she indicated at the chair in front of her desk, and moved a stack of papers to give space for his books and sheets, "and tell me what you're working on, and how I might help."
ImageImage
Amayani do Ciresh a'Sorene, Gaidin Captain
Ci'tanni Shannaran, Novice

Bella

Post by Bella » January 21st, 2016, 12:30 am

"Thank you," Derren said with a small smile and bow of his head. Having overcome his initial surprise, he was once more into the territory of self-control that was far more familiar and comfortable for him. He shut the door behind him and then took his place in one of the chairs before her desk. He could not help but notice the stacks of work there and think that it looked like his study.

He settled into his seat and crossed his ankle over the opposing knee, resting his books against the curve there and the papers on top. He took out his charcoal pencil. "Namely, history," he said, not a man to mince words when he had a focus. "I'm doing a little historical research here into the Tower. For me, the channeling side had come a little more easily than the warders.

"I was hoping you could help me there and tell me a bit about your predecessors," he finished.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik