Reluctant Tour Guide / Tag Zhen/Eve

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Reluctant Tour Guide / Tag Zhen/Eve

Post by Lou » November 6th, 2019, 12:54 pm

"Dianlinn! Report to the Mistress of Training's office."

Looking up at the Ji'val who had called over to her, and nodded her head to show she had heard him. She did not bother calling out, a nod surrficed, though sometimes these Wetlanders seemed to want verbal conformation. That she did not get, though of course they did not have hand speech, like her Sisters had, so she guessed they had to talk to one another all the time. But the Ji'val simply nodded back to her, and she assumed that was that. Though her mind was now racing why she was being called to the office though she had a good idea as to why. Standing up from her crossed leg position, she stretched her back, and collected up the arrows she had been working on. Some of the workmanship had been shoddy indeed, and she would not have fired them at her worst enemy for shame of their condition. So she was refletching, waxing the shafts and sharpening the tips. It was her free time, and while most of the Drin seemed to be trying to flirt with the other Learning Ranks, she had little interest in such things. Work, being prepared, that was her life. I will never be taken by surprise again, I will never be taken again!

After placing her arrows back into her quiver case, and tied it to her waist, before heading off in the direction of the office. She did not rush, but she did not idle along either. She knew she was more than likely walking into a punishment, and she was not scared of such as in she would not run from it, but she also would not run towards it either. Not when she did not think she deserved such a thing. Those two Drin deserved that she had given them, they had owed her toh even if they had not understood that. She had tried to explain, as she stood over them with a bitch stick, beating their bottoms like little girls as they were restrained on the floor, but she did not think they had been listening. Still, it was what they deserved if not more for mocking her like they had. They had thought her an easy target, a way to make themselves look clever in front of the group, but in the end she had seen them both weeping like children. She was not at all surprised that they had gone running to the Mistress of Training over it, like the children they were. Maybe next time she would swap out their swords (the horrid things) for dolls to carry around.

She arrived at the offices, and straightened her uniform before heading inside. In the outer office, one of the Gaidin saw her and pointed for her to wait to the side. Dianlinn nodded her head and did so, standing at her ease with her hands clasped behind her back. She now waited for what was to fall on her head.

At no point did she expect she was simply going to be asked to show a new Drin around.
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Re: Reluctant Tour Guide / Tag Zhen/Eve

Post by Eve » November 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Zhenquan had, frankly, been surprised at how quickly things had progressed here. He had barely signed the recruitment book, Light the ink hadn’t even been dry, when he had been whisked away for a uniform. His heart had sunk when he had seen the dull gray that he was to wear, hardly a stitch of color anywhere to be seen. Did these people have no pride? Did they not wish to look good? As he was taken from one place to another to get his uniform complete (clothes, boots, weapons) he had seen a little of this ‘Tower’ and what he had seen had only confirmed his suspicions. White, black, and gray clad people swarmed about in their matching outfits. He sighed softly, grateful that he wasn’t required to wear wrap over his face and hair as well.

The boots were surprisingly comfortable, though he suspected they had been worn by some other trainee at some point in the passed. They were already broken in, after all. When he had been asked what sorts of weapons he preferred he had paused. He had a pair of daggers at his side, and he had used them when he needed to, but he was no expert. He didn’t even really consider himself trained in them. They were simply a tool. However, in the end, he had responded to the man and shown him the daggers he had in a bag containing the items he had stripped out of for the uniform. They had been looked over, grudgingly accepted, and he had been allowed to wear them and the sheathes he had them in. He was quietly thankful for this, as well. They were some of the only things left to him of his homeland. He may have left of his own accord, but he still held it dear to his heart. He had reached up to finger the earrings he wore as he thought about this. He had purchased new ones, but he felt he would always miss the old ones.

That done, he had been ushered back to the offices in which he had signed up for all this insanity. As they entered them, he saw a woman standing in a uniform that matched his own. He had seen many of these today, and so he only eyed her for a moment before returning his attention to the one that had taken him to get his clothing settled. However, it did not stay that way for long. Soon he was being introduced to this woman as she was informed she was to help him get acquainted with the layout of the Tower, including his rooms. As the Warder told this woman his name, Zhenquan, and he was told her name, Dianlinn, he returned to studying her.

Zhen himself was of fairly average height, though a little short among his own people, and a couple inches shorter than this woman herself. However, his dark skin and curled hair (carefully quaffed into lazy curls that fell along one side of his face and down to the back of his neck; a little mussed from the changing of clothing) was an odd sight here. If this woman had ever been to one of the specific walled trading cities along The Great Rift she might recognize that dark skin that clashed with those blue eyes. He even had a beard, though a small one that lined the bottom of his chin and was perfectly combed, oiled, and cut. He was quiet as they were introduced, watching her and his surroundings from behind those blue eyes, though he did offer her a nod of greeting as their names were exchanged. He had not yet sorted out when he could (or should) speak.
ImageImageImage Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » November 7th, 2019, 12:57 pm

While she was waiting, annoyed that she was being kept waiting just to be punished, she began to think of what she would say to the Gaidin when she finally was shown in. She would not make excuses, she would not even tell of the fact they had started it. She would state it down to ji'e'toh and how she had been trying to teach them of it. And that would be it. She would accept the punishment, and earn back her honour in the eyes of her superiors. She would not let them diminish her in any such way. She was here to serve the Aes Sedai and Asha'man, and as such she would make Gaidin and then serve which ever of them that wanted her to.

She caught sight of a dark skinned man as he was led through to the office, before she was called over by the Mistress of Training and introduced to Zhenquan. She was given a piece of paper with his room number on it, and told to show him around. Dianlinn looked at the paper and then back to the man before her. She wanted to argue, she was here to train, not be a tour guide, but she knew that was unkind, and not doing her duty would have her owing the man toh. "Yes, Gaidin." She said simply, and then looked back to the man before her, taking him in before she said anything to him.

He was of a height with her, with skin darker, and hair black as tar, and seemingly designed into a certain way. His beard was unusual, as he seemed young, and he held himself with a great deal of pride. Which was unusual in the Drin, usually that look belonged on the Soldiers. His look tickled something in her memory, but it did not come to her, and she dismissed it for now. "I see you, Zhenquan. I am Dianlinn of the Jagged Spire Sept of the Taardad Aiel, now Drin of the Grey Tower." She told him, nodding her head to him, though not offering to shake hands or any such thing. That was just a foolish Wetlander custom in her mind.

"If you would follow me, I will show you the areas you need to know, and where your room is." She began to head out of the offices, and just assumed that he was walking behind her. She slowed her stride, and worked to match it to his, once they began. "This is the offices, if you have issues with your uniform, or any of those here, then you will come here to report it. Or deal with it yourself, which most seem to do." She kept her hands at her side as she walked, "If you have questions, you may ask them."
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 8th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Zhen had seen Aile before, but they had always been covered with a veil, much as his own people would be. He didn’t know much of their culture, either, but he did know that phrase. He was surprised to see an Aiel so far from the waste…but he supposed it was just as likely, probably more so, than seeing one of his own people. He cocked his head to the side a little to look at her. From what he knew the Aiel were a savage people, but they were good hagglers and very good for carrying trade back and forth. He had been told that, while they were inferior to Sharans like himself, they were at least not as bad as those from even further away. His travels had taught him things, however, and he had never quite prescribed to his people’s beliefs anyway, and so he kept these statements to himself. He only nodded, reaching up briefly to touch his middle and ring finger of his right hand to his left shoulder, though why he did not explain. He dropped it quickly and instead said, “I am Zhenquan.”

He followed behind her as she led him on a tour of the grounds, nodding at each place and mostly quiet. He did, however, make a particular face when she mentioned the uniforms. Everything about them was wrong…but he doubted anyone above him would ever believe that. Why those in power thought depriving one of color would do anything to improve education was beyond him…but it seemed to be everywhere. “I can sew.” He said, when she mentioned that many fixed their issues themselves. He could, and actually rather well. Then it was open to him asking questions, and he paused for a moment. One question truly did weigh on his mind, and he thought about keeping it to himself for a moment before he finally had to ask. “Your Ayy..um… your channelers… Is it not…strange to you to be so near to them?”
ImageImageImage Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » November 12th, 2019, 12:23 pm

"I see you, Zhenquan, may you always find water and shade."

Dianlinn was following the tickle in the back of her head about the man, this Zhenquan that she was showing around. There was something she remembered from being a child, when she still wore short skirts and her hair in tails over her ears. She had gone , with her Mother and Father, across the Three-fold Land, to the edge of the land of Shara. There was a great wall that went along the edge of their border, and they were shown into a small walled town, for the buying and trading of goods. Her Mother claimed the silver that came from Shara was better than any other, and her Father loved her Mother enough to make the journey to buy the silver, and then sell her creations back made into necklaces, bracelets and rings, with gems. And now thinking of that, she was unsure where that thought had come from, she looked back to Zhenquan and understood. He was a Sharan. She was shocked to see one in the Wetlands, even more shocked than she was to be here.

When he claimed he could sew, she blinked at him and tilted her head to the side. It was not what she had meant, and she was unsure if she had made herself clear. If he developed an issue with another Drin, he may get jumped in the night or such, but she had tried to warn him, she hoped he was prepared for it. When he asked about the channelers and being close to them, Dianlinn tilted her head to the side and then shrugged. "Some Wise Ones can use the One Power, and the men who could either came here to train or go into the Blight to die fighting the Darkspawn." She said, "So being around them does not bother me." She looked back to him, "Not that we have much to do with them, if I am honest." She looked at him, "Does it feel strange to you?"
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 12th, 2019, 7:59 pm

The young man regarded her for a moment, watching her body language and the way that she looked at him. So the Aiel had their own Channelers, then? Of course they did, but still… It was an odd thought to be so…cavalier about it. Where he was from, they were revered, a sect separate and above, appearing suddenly in a hush of the crowd and going where they would before leaving again. As for male Channelers… he had never even seen one before, though he had of course heard of them. He looked down for a moment, thinking about this. “It does.” He said finally. “I’ve seen them rarely, and have never lived…so close to them. To even see them in the distance is…” He almost said ‘a blessing’, but stopped himself at the last moment. “Unusual.” He hefted the bag on his shoulder to a more comfortable position. Packed with clothing, mostly, it wasn’t as heavy as the bolts of cloth he usually wore, but he would like to get it unpacked before it wrinkled, and he was not certain how much he should say to this woman.

He turned and looked down the hallways quietly, gazing about as he attempted to memorize the places they had gone so far. After a moment’s silence, he changed the subject. “I signed up to be a Warder,” he said after a moment. It had seemed like a good idea at the time, and maybe the only path he had to himself. How else could he learn if he wasn’t close? “I was told what that would entail, and mostly it seems to be protection, so I assume I’ll be learning to fight. I only have a little experience, and that’s mostly with the daggers,” He gestured down to the two on his hips, one a little longer, but not much, than the others. “And I have my dogs. I was told I they would be placed in the kennels. Can you show me where that would be?”
ImageImageImage Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » November 16th, 2019, 9:53 am

Dianlinn looked at him as he seemed to think about her words for a moment, and then he looked to the ground. She tilted her head to the side, as she regarded him, and then listened as he spoke. Hearing what he said was the first things she had ever learned about Shara, and she filed away the information for another time. She was intrigued and no doubt. "Are Channelers kept away from you in Shara then?" She asked him casually, a small test that he was actually from there. "I know almost nothing of your lands." Truthfully she knew little of the Wetlands either, so that was unsurprising. "Would you like a hand with your bag?"

As they walked down a hall together, she listened as he spoke of wanting to be a Warder, and she nodded her head. She looked to his Daggers, and then touched her own one at her side. "It is more than protection, we are to do everything we can, give who we are to save the Aes Sedai or the Asha'man we become Bonded to. Their survival is all." She told him, unsure if he knew that, if he knew exactly what he had signed on for. When he mentioned his dogs, she made a bit and of a face. Dogs were never really kept in the Three-fold land, it was too hot for them, and the Aiel had little use for them. Those that did live there were wild, and the Aiel killed them if they attacked and were killed, then they were dinner. "I can take you, your room is just up here, you may leave your bad there first and then I will show you the kennels."

She walked up the hall and opened door 393, and waved him inside. "This is your room. A bed, desk, a wardrobe, space to stretch and a rack for your weapons." She told him, and waited for him to go inside with his bag.
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 16th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Zhenquan’s head turned sharply to the woman when she mentioned his homeland. He didn’t deny it, however, and a moment later he hefted his bag again and nodded. “Yea.” He said, agreeing with her, but he provided no more information. As to his bag, he smiled and shook his head. “Naw I got it. It’s not that heavy, I just wanna shake out my clothes before they wrinkle.” He pulled a face at this. That was the worse thing, wrinkles in fabric. They weren’t the nicest of clothing, but they were the best he had.

He dwelled on her words as she explained to him what being a Warder meant. Was he ready for such a challenge? He seemed to take this seriously, falling silent as his dark face wrinkled into contemplation. If he was to bind himself to someone that close it would have to be someone he wanted to protect like that. Not just a job, but a calling. Someone as close as a best friend, a brother, or a lover. But surely they didn’t force you to bind against your will? He could take the training and if he never met someone like that, he could still do what he wished with his life. Still…this would be a lot to think about and consider. He was glad he had a long way to go before he had to make the decision. He pulled himself out of thought when they stopped in front of that door. 393, that would have to be a number he remembered, or else he’d look like a fool. He gazed into the now open room, quietly looking around. Honestly, it was more room than he expected, though it was much smaller than his room back home. That being said, it was much larger than the shared hammock spaces he had slept in on the ship, and he had been rather happy there.

Stepping inside, he placed his bag on the bed and opened it. Quickly he took out the few clothes that he had, including a purple top that he absolutely loved. It was soft and thick, a good winter shirt, with faux gold stick down its neck line and around the sleeves. He shook each piece of clothing out and laid them on the bed. He would put them away later. Then he turned back to his guide. “Thank you so much for all your help.” He said, giving her a smile. “And yea, I’d love to see where the kennels are. I know they’re being taken care of, but I’m worried about my dogs.”
ImageImageImage Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » November 18th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Dianlinn was slightly pleased that she had gotten a reaction out of him by mentioning his homeland. Was it supposed to be a secret? She wondered what he had told the Mistress of Training when he signed the Recruit book. She watched as he seemed to regain his composure quickly, and she had a simple one word answer from him. Huh. She had not expected that, and she felt the need to know more. She would more than likely never visit the land, but she had been interested about it since she had seen the large high walls keeping everyone out.She soon offered to help him with his bag, as he seemed to be struggling, but he refused and spoke of wrinkling his clothes. She blinked, was this something that everyone else worried about? "Oh, if you say so."

Once in his room, she watched as he began to shake out his clothes and hang them up. He had not been joking about not wanting them to be wrinkled. She wondered if he knew he would be pretty much expected to be in his uniform most of the time yet? She was not going to be the one to tell him, not when he laid out his clothes like a Wetland princess.

When he thanked her, she nodded her head to him with a small smile. "You are welcome, Zhenquan." She told him, before she gestured to being out in the hall. "The Kennels are this way." She told him, as she began to lead him by the most direct route. "The Stables are in that direction, if you like to ride." She made a face at that, she would not be seen on a horse any time soon. Foul creatures. "How many hounds do you have?" She asked him, as they walked, trying to do the small talk that the Wetlanders seemed to enjoy.
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 19th, 2019, 6:46 am

“You may call me Zhen if you like.” He said. “It’s what a lot of people call me…especially here. Most on this side of the Great Rift have a hard time pronouncing it.” He glanced at her as he said this. “Though you have not seemed like you are one of those.” He didn’t want her to think she was mispronouncing his name when she wasn’t, after all.

He followed her out of the rooms, then, moving down the hallways alongside of her. He glanced the other direction when she said the stables were that way, and he shrugged and pulled a bit of a face. “I’ve ridden them.” He confessed. “But I do not much like them, and they do not much like me. Then he looked back at her, giving a sudden smile at the mention of his dogs. “I have two.” He told her, “A male and a female. The male I named Hammer, because he’s big and muscular. The female’s name is Fletch, because she’s faster than an atrow. And they’re very intelligent. They’ve learned all the commands I’ve taught them so far. Soon, I’m going to start working on hand signals for them. I’ve learned that some dogs can recognize them and be able to do what you want without you having to speak.”

Talking about the dogs seemed to make him happy, and he opened up rather quickly. He told her about how he had found them after he had gotten off the ship to the mainland. They had been young (but not puppies) and had been scrounging for food. In the wilderness Fletch had even brought him birds she had felled when he found it difficult to hunt without any experience. He hadn’t even trained her. And Hammer had chased away a large buck deer once when it was in heat and aggressive. He went on about the dogs, smiling softly as he seemed quite taken with them.
ImageImageImage Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik