Hand in Hand... er what? [Roan/Riahana]

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Hand in Hand... er what? [Roan/Riahana]

Post by Lou » October 16th, 2019, 12:25 pm

The morning air was cool against Dianlinn’s skin as she moved quickly towards her first lesson. She had been told to report for the Unarmed Combat lesson just after sun up, and here she was, ready and waiting. She had some skill in hand to hand, her fellow Maiden’s teaching her the basics, though their travel over the Dragonwall and into the land of the Treekillers had cut that short. Damn those honourless Shaido! She hated thinking of the land of the Treekillers, as it made her remember those dark times in the camp of the Stonedogs, and what they put her through. I wonder if I shall ever get my honour back. And if I can ever think of that nation again without looking over my shoulder. She was looking forward to the class as she had been told that it was run by a woman, so no man was going to try and lay a hand on her, something that still haunted her dreams.

As she arrived, she moved to the prescribed place and waited, crouched on her haunches, as comfortable like that as it stretched out on the floor. She could see a raven haired woman standing not to far away, and she knew the woman was Mistress of Training, and a Sword master to boot. She looked down at her uniform and her shoufa wrapped hanging loosely around her neck. The woman had a deep tan and pale blue eyes, looks that would turn the most honour bound of men.

She stayed in her crouch as she waited for the woman to come to her, easier to remain silent, not wanting to owe anyone toh.
Image Image Image

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Hand in Hand... er what? [Roan/Riahana]

Post by Roan » October 20th, 2019, 2:09 pm

The crisp morning air was a refreshing change to the hot summer months. The heat of the sun could be oppressive when working and training in the Yards. Riahana had been spending a great deal of time working with Drin and Ji on unarmed, archery, swordsmanship and horsemanship. Her days were long and busy, though never so busy as to take away from her time with her family. Not so busy to push aside her daily habits. She'd been awake since before first light, and had already practiced her sword forms.

The first classes of the day were just about to get started, and Ria agreed to work with one of their newest arrivals, Dianlinn. The woman was Aiel, so Ria didn't expect her to be completely inexperienced. Most Aiel who came to the Yards could teach most Drin, and some Ji a thing or two about combat, especially unarmed, and she doubted her newest student would be any different.

"Mistress, I need your signature on the requisition form to place an order for more archery equipment," came a voice behind Ria.

Turning, the Gaidin offered the Ji a slight smile, "Quartermaster sending you do his dirty work?"

The Ji turned beat red, "Uh...no...he's busy overseeing a bunch of Drin as they polish gear."

To this, Ria arched a brow and smirked, "As if you could not just as easily do the polishing? Our dear quartermaster is getting lazy in his old age. Hand me the quill and scroll, and turn around." She placed the scroll on the man's back and signed it, "Here you go."

"Thank you, Mistress," the Ji replied and slunk off.

Turning to the sandy arena she'd reserved for today's lesson, Ria saw the Aiel Drin crouched down across from her. Closing the distance, Ria offered the young woman a warm smile, "Dianlinn Drin. I hope you are adjusting to life here at the Tower. If you are ready to begin, why don't you tell me your experience with unarmed combat."

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 20th, 2019, 3:47 pm

Dianlinn ran her hands over the sand under her hand, and grimaced. It did not even feel like sand should, the sand she had grown up around. But still, she rubbed some into her palms as the beautiful woman made her way over to the circle, her easy grace enough to make Dianlinn envious. She moved the way some of the older Maidens did, the way she wished she could move. Not yet, but I will, when I am good enough. Soon. She moved to stand as Riahana Gaidar came over to her, and greeted her, her hands laying at her sides.

"I see you, Riahana Gaidar of the Grey Tower." She told her, "May you always find Water and Shade." She added, hoping the other woman knew the respect she was wishing her life would always be well. She did not always understand the Wetlander ways of greeting one another yet.

She paused for a moment, trying to think of a way to sum up her experience, without owing the woman toh for over stating her abilities. "I had begun training in such before I was sent to the Wetlands, Riahana Gaidar, I would win two out of three training bouts." She told her, her hands now rubbing together, the sand drying any moisture there.
Image Image Image

Roan

Post by Roan » October 21st, 2019, 7:39 pm

Riahana gave a solemn nod to the Drin's greeting and listened as the young woman explained the training she'd experienced prior to coming to the Tower. Offering a small smile, she replied, "We have not used the term Gaidar for some time. All who are at full rank are called Gaidin. Those of your rank are Drin, and those who are mid rank are Ji'val." Her tone was warm and friendly, without any hint of admonishment.

"It sounds as if you've got some experience with unarmed. Did you take time to stretch and warm up before I arrived?"

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 25th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Dianlinn blinked as the woman corrected her about the name she used, and she felt bad. "I apologise, Riahana Gaidin, I owe you toh." She told the woman, not caring if she understood, but she was going to repay her somehow, in some way. She nodded her head to the older woman, to show she had understood what she had said, even though she had gotten her greeting wrong.

When she asked if Dianlinn had stretched before she had arrived, she nodded her head. She had run and stretched, though really she needed little in the way of doing so. Her Sisters had always made sure they were ready for anything, as the dance of spears could come at any time. "Yes, Riahana Gaidin, I am stretched and prepared." She told her, "I do have experience, training from those in Far Dareis Mai." She told her, and nodded her head.

"I am ready to do as you wish of me."
Image Image Image

Roan

Post by Roan » November 17th, 2019, 5:26 pm

Riahana offered a warm smile as she held up a hand, "I am not sure you can owe me toh for something you were not aware of, Dianlinn Drin. What I ask of you, I ask of all the Drin that come to the Yards. Do your best each and every day. Do that, and you will fulfill any toh you may have."

The Gaidin removed her sword belt and hung it on one of the fence posts at the edge of the arena. She did not have her Fancloak with her, as she tended to only wear it when leaving the Tower, or for official functions. She then moved to the center of the sparring area and looked back to the young Drin, "We will start with you showing me what your experience is. Different peoples have different styles of hand to hand, though there tend to be commonalities.

"A good fighter knows to adapt to a situation. You will see differences in how I approach unarmed combat, as I will see differences in your approach. We will learn from each other, making us both better for it," Ria explained. She tilted her head ever so slightly, "Now then. . .let's begin."

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » November 19th, 2019, 11:17 am

Dianlinn watched as the woman claimed she was not owed toh, and she nodded her head to the other woman slowly. The woman was wise, and she held a hand on her heart as the woman asked her to do her best in the yards each day. "May I never find shade again, if I do not do my best each and every day." She swore the oath, the strongest one she knew, and hoped the woman appreciated that. She would never shirl her duties, after all she was here to try and help pay back the sin the Aiel owed the Aes Sedai of old, in some small way.

Dianlinn watched as she prepared herself, before asking her to show what her experience was. She knew quite a bit, or so she thought, having been trained to it since she took up the spears as a Maiden. She brushed the tail of her hair off of her beck, as it was annoying, the rest of her hair slowly becoming a little longer as she had no Sisters here to remind her to cut it. She stayed quiet until the woman was standing before her, and telling her exactly what she wanted, and she nodded her head to show she understood.

And then they were to begin.

Dianlinn moved her feet, the left forward and the right slightly behind, as she raised her hands up, her knees bent into a slight crouch. She began to circle the woman before her, before she raised a fist in a quick strike that the woman before her deflected easily. Dianlinn was not surprised, this was a Gaidin, Mistress of Training, she would not no easy Wetlander to beat. She continued to circle, this time kicking out at her knee, though she did not get close, and at the same time she only just managed to deflect a strike at head with her forearm blocking not much before it struck. The blow was enough to jar her arm, and she felt the shudder of pain right up to her shoulder.
Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik