New Life, New Home, New Friends(?) [Attn: Bella/Haeden]

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: New Life, New Home, New Friends(?) [Attn: Bella/Haeden]

Post by Roan » October 14th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Bastian
Bastian knew life away from his little cabin in the woods would be very different from anything he’d yet experienced. Hama Valon alone was almost overwhelming, given its size and the variety of foods and goods he saw as the Master of Arms and Captain General returned to the Tower with him. He’d spent some of his free time in the town, and knew he could get lost in the variety of foods there were to try.

Was he the sort to get into trouble? Not really. While many youth might go through a rebellious stage, there wasn’t much for Bastian to rebel against growing up with his parents. They didn’t see that many people, though his parents insisted on good manners. Those lessons stayed with him after his father’s death. He was far from a young man, and seemed a bit older than a number of his fellow Drin.

Pay attention and learn all you can. . .it sounded like something his father used to say when Bastian was but a small boy. It was advice he’d taken to heart, and would need to do so again if he were to prove himself worthy of the uniform he wore. Could he make it to be a full-fledged Gaidin? Time would tell.

Adjusting to his new life would take time, and he was mostly a patient person. The number of people, both in Hama Valon and here at the Tower was bordering on overwhelming given how much of his life he’d spent solely in the company of his parents, or on his own. Having only had to rely on himself, he wondered if he could truly serve an Aes Sedai or Asha’man in the way Master Darrow served Miahala Sedai.

They were married, though, so perhaps it was different and less about serving for the two of them? It was a question he let bounce in his mind as he walked alongside Haeden.

“Is it something you’ve done much of? Protecting channelers? Are you. . .what is the term I’ve heard? Joined. . .no. . .bonded?”

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » October 15th, 2017, 7:33 pm

This was one of the most common questions to be wondered about or asked of a Gaidin. After all, it was the overreaching goal of all Gaidin to be bonded someday. Some did purposefully choose not to, instead serving the Tower on the whole instead of any one channeler, but the majority sought out that goal in their life.

Truth was, so did Haeden. At his age, it may not have seemed like it, but he simply had yet to find the Aes Sedai or Asha'man that he wished to devote his life to for the rest of it.

"I am not bonded, no," Haeden said with a smile that fully hid his bitterness and uncertainty. "It is a serious commitment to be made, much like picking someone to marry, and I have yet to find that one. However, that doesn't mean I lack experience. Unbonded Gaidin are often...sort of Gaidin to all. We are available to any channeler who needs a guard for one task or trip. I have attended many of those."

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » October 22nd, 2017, 3:54 pm

Bastian
Bastean listened intently, nodding his understanding as the pair continued to walk. “From what I’ve learned in the short time I’ve been here, to be Gaidin seems to mean to be responsible for another’s life and well being.” He reached up to scratch at his beard as he furrowed his brows, “Listening to what you and others have said, I can understand why someone wouldn’t enter into a bond without much thought. To be responsible for another person’s well being? To be willing to lay down your life so they might live? It is not a trivial thing, and I imagine could be a heavy burden to bare.”

The Drin looked out across the Yards to see an number of Learning Ranks engaged in spars, learning their craft. He’d already learned a few things thanks to his father, and his skill with the axes would likely serve him well. Could he serve another and put his life on the line to protect theirs?

“Since my father died, I’ve only been responsible for me. I’ve lived alone in my little cabin for long enough that all of this can be overwhelming if I let it. This many people? This many buildings? So few trees?” He stopped to look around before turning his pale gaze to Haeden. “My life will never be the same.”

He gave the Gaidin a wry smile, “I suspect I am not the first to say such a thing after crossing paths with your Mother.”

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » October 23rd, 2017, 11:26 pm

Haeden laughed. The sound came out in a single release, almost like a bark, but he was surprised. Truer words had never been spoken. "No, Bastian, you are far...far from the first to say that after coming in contact with my mother." Of course, many of them couldn't say it because they were dead...but he chose to not add that.

"Yes, it will be a change," he went on, pausing to take a long look around the Yards that he had made his home for all of these years.

He did love it here, and this would always be his home. It would always be his place. But slowly, in the time since his mother's return, he began to realize that something was...missing. He just didn't know how to find it.

He turned back to Basitan. "But the changing of our lives can never be avoided. It doesn't always have to be a bad thing. There is much you can learn here, about becoming a Gaidin and about yourself. Take it all in and make the most of it. The only one who can make the most of the changes in your life is you. So don't let the opportunity pass."

Haeden patted the other man on the shoulder. "You've got a task to get to," he said just as the bells began to ring the changing of the hour. "Good luck, Bastian. I think you'll do well."
Spoiler: show
OOC: Wrap?

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik