Curiosity Killed the Cat (Attn: Bella)

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: Curiosity Killed the Cat (Attn: Bella)

Post by Craig » August 18th, 2017, 1:18 am

Zarayne
Zarayne attempted to make a meaningful look around the room for the box the novice was seeking, but the loft was filled with boxes. The bulkiest were the size of a small horse and few in number. Clearly the Aes Sedai in question had not sent this novice along to retrieve one of those. The most numerous seemed to be about four feet long and three across. Bulky, but manageable enough to carry, depending on the contents. She pressed her slippered toes against the base of a stack of boxes, admitting to make a judgment about their weight. The stack didn't shift, not even when she put all of her muscle behind it. Looking at the stack, then looking out to the rest of the room, Zarayne tried to calculate how many boxes there were. Thousands? Tens of thousands? Zarayne hoped that whomever the Aes Sedai was, she better have relayed useful instructions to this girl.

"I am sorry for before," Zarayne said. "Let me help you." Working off her toh here and now was far preferable to doing so in public. It was bad enough that she was permanently attired in clothes nearly suitable for a gai'shain.

"Did you receive a description of the box that you are looking for?" Zarayne asked. "How large or small it might be, or if it has any obvious markings on the side or the like? I don't fancy being stuck up here for hours, looking at thousands of identical boxes."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » August 20th, 2017, 6:29 pm

She was apologizing...again. Isla didn't really know how to handle it before and she wasn't sure how to handle it now. Oh, how she wished for the days when life was so simple. She was a soldier, her father loved her, and all channelers were evil. End of the story. Now she was surrounded by them, learning to become one. Soldier no longer, though following plenty of orders.

And one was apologizing to her, when she could as easily turn her to ash.

"Yes..." Isla said, nodding slowly. Although one could never be sure with these types, she didn't think Lora Sedai was quite mean enough to send her into this forest of boxes without some sort of description. She licked dry lips and then began to describe it. The small-ish dimensions and a pair of notations on one side.

After a moment, she paused and lowered her hands from where they'd been demonstrating the size. "Although you really don't have to help me. I mean... I'm the one who intruded upon you. I can find it on my own, I'm sure." She paused, uncertain if she should say anything else, then nodded a little and turned to start looking again.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » August 26th, 2017, 11:41 pm

Zarayne
Even as the description was forthcoming, Zarayne was scouring her mind for where this box would be located, or if she had already passed it when she came up here. The task was still ginormous, helped little by the fact that two of them were now on the case. This isn't a casual errand she's been sent on. Zarayne navigated past boxes until there was a clear space between the two of them. Not much space though; not enough to swing a cat... or even a mouse.

"I'm Zarayne." Said character offered her hand out in the wetlander custom. If they were about to search a warehouse for a particular box (and honestly, that was a stupid task to reasonably assign to a novice, Craig...), they may as well be on a first name basis. Or an any name basis.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » August 31st, 2017, 10:29 pm

"Isla," the younger woman managed to introduce herself. She wasn't really sure, still, what was going on, but she wasn't lit on fire so that was a start. She took the offered hand and shook, nodding slightly. "Thank you for your help." She just couldn't wait to be done with this task, but figured she should be polite, since Zarayne was being polite.

In due course, though still not fast enough, they found The Damn Box. Isla grabbed it, thanked the Accepted hurriedly, and then all but ran away...

Thank the Light that's done.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik