A Day in the Life Of [Open]

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: A Day in the Life Of [Open]

Post by Roan » October 14th, 2017, 5:02 pm

Riahana Tomosan
Ria countered and parried each of his thrusts and slashes with ease. She recognized his first couple of moves as Alrim’s way to feel her out. She watched not just his form with the moves, but his focus. He had a look about him, when he started, hinting that he’d slipped into the Void. It seemed to stay with him through not only his opening sequence, but the next series of moves.

After a time, Ria called out, “Hold!” Once he held, she lowered her weapon, nodding, “You have a very solid foundation, Alrim. I would say against most, you could more than hold your own. You know a great number of forms, which can be both an advantage and disadvantage. What I see as you go from one form to another are moments of slight hesitation. Flowing, for instance, from The Lion on the Hill into The Lion Springs, your thrust and slash upward should happen simultaneously, like so.”

The Gaidin demonstrated, holding her sword such that the tip was aimed at him instead of vertically, “Holding your blade like this makes the move upward a bit more natural, especially given the guard stance is a high guard. It may seem like a little thing, but that slight moment of hesitation between the thrust and the slash can mean the difference between getting within your opponent’s guard and not.” She brought her blade down, moving from a guard stance such that her feet were together, “I suggest we focus on two guard stances, two strikes and two defensive moves. You choose what you think would be best for you and show me your choices.”

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » October 31st, 2017, 9:31 pm

It was high praise from her and so he nodded, silently thankful that the many hours he had spent trying to learn and improve had not been wasted. Still there were flaws, there always would be. When he had first arrived at the Tower he might have bristled at them being pointed out but now he was merely thankful. He'd rather be alive and humbled than dead and proud. He watched her lathe move thoughtfully, knowing she was correct and trying to reason out a way to deal with it.

The rhythm that he used was something that he had come to naturally, it would take time to alter it and then make that natural also. He wasn't verse to the effort but he wanted to advance as quickly as was possible. Still, there were the old phases about rushing things too. He nodded at he words as he mused it out. He liked her instruction method. She didn't lay down a detailed plan as such, she asked him to do it himself and that meant being more than a drilled student.

He settled on the pattern of a guard followed by a strike and a defensive move, going back into a repetition to get the full six forms. He took a few more moments to think of which ones to choose, he wanted them to flow together as much as was possible as it would help to naturally help correct his unwanted hesitations. Riahana was right, it was difficult to choose when you had tried to learn many forms. He was generally knowledgeable but specifically lacking. He nodded to himself and settled into The Lion on the Hill - a high guard with blade forward and hilt at shoulder height.

He took his time this time, moving through the transitions as smoothly as possible. He went into Lightning of Three Prongs first, a thrust followed by a slash and another thrust, flowing from that into The Falling Leaf, lathe moving from thrust to side to side, his feet stepping back to aid in the defensive move, opening space. As is lathe reached its lowest point of the form he stepped into The River Undercuts the Bank, lathe snapping out at stomach height, using the momentum to angle up to meet a second imagined opponent with The Branch in the Storm before stepping back into Apple Blossoms in the Wind.

He noticed the hesitations even going slowly and tried to correct them as he went. It was difficult but he managed to get a more flowing series of forms after a while. Still he wasn't completely satisfied. He was either thinking too much or not at all but he had the notion his mind was getting in the way of what he was actually capable of doing somehow.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » November 14th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Riahana
Ria watched as Alrim went through each of his six forms. The hesitations were hard to miss, but they were also easy enough to overcome with practice, patience and time. She let him go through the six forms, and watched as he tried to make small adjustments each time. He was aware his form was a little off, but not so far as to make him a danger to himself.

“Hold again,” she called out. Placing the tip of her practice lathe on the ground she nodded, “You’re choices will serve you well. We’ve done as much as I think we can for today. Your task now is to take those six forms and practice them until any sign of hesitation disappears.”

She allowed a wry smile, “You may well find it is a task that is easier said than done. You will, for a time, over-think things. If you can find the Void, and let your muscle memory guide you, it will come quicker, but as you’ve experienced, finding the Void while going through forms takes practice too. You can think about it as if you are killing two birds with one stone.

“We can carry on the lesson in a few weeks. . .once you feel you’ve gotten rid of your hesitations moving from one form to another,” Ria informed. A bell tolled suggesting a new hour was upon them, “I must excuse myself as I am required elsewhere. Keep practicing, Alrim, and don’t hesitate to find me if you require assistance.”
Spoiler: show
Annnnnd Wrap?

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik