Guilty Unless Proven Innocent (Attn: Andy)

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Guilty Unless Proven Innocent (Attn: Andy)

Post by Craig » April 12th, 2017, 9:28 pm

Ravak Darrow
A constant tapping filled the Gaidin Captain's office. He knocked the nib of his quill against the inkwell irritably. Julian was off to handle a series of raising tests, leaving Rav with a small pile of duties normally reserved for the Master of Training. Most of them were mundane requests that the Shienaran could do in his sleep, but the one in front of him now irked him.

With a loud sigh, Ravak scanned through the reports again. Thefts in the barracks of all places. It was quite literally under his nose and he hadn't noticed a thing. What was simultaneously good and bad about the situation was that he had a culprit fingered for the crimes. You'd've thought they've had heard him coming with those bloody bells.

Rav left his office with Snowflake in tow. The living ball of fluff happily traipsed after her master, tongue lolling. Her friendly face clashed strongly against the Gaidin's stony-faced glare. Everyone knew That Look, if not all from personal experience.

Six legs descended the large staircase of the Warder Hall before preceding towards Drin Alrim Farshera's room. It was a reasonable assumption that Alrim would be in his room. It was also likely that the stolen goods were also hidden in said room.

He knocked on the door to the Arafellin's door three times before opening it. Gaidin had the right to enter rooms without forewarning and the Shienaran had seen every possible thing beyond these closed doors. Trainees sleeping in the middle of the day; trainees picking food out of their teeth; trainees half dressed or completely undressed. The worst, for them, was when he found trainees undressed with other trainees.

Rav barely took in the scene before growling in a commanding tone. "Drin Farshera, you've got some explaining to do."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: Guilty Unless Proven Innocent (Attn: Andy)

Post by Andy » April 14th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Someone had been stealing, that much was already known and it irritated him no end. Not only because he was getting an earful from the others about it but because he had had his own item taken too. For some reason he had been the elected spokesperson for whining and his temper was wearing thin indeed. He had taken the details of the last item taken, the person and when and had hauled the lad out of his room before thy could say much else.

Better affront than assault he told himself but as he sat upon the edge of his bed, the puzzles before him, it didn't make him feel any better.

At first they had thought he had had something to do with the thefts - he was after all known as a somewhat reformed criminal with mischievous tendencies. It had almost come to blows before they had believed him and that was only because they had watched him all night when another theft had taken place. That was when they had adopted the old maxim of 'use a thief to catch a thief' with the added bonus of hanging it over his head that no results meant eh would be fingered to the Master of Training. As such he had tried to track the items but they were seemingly random and no real discernable pattern had emerged.

"People matter more than things" he muttered to himself as he looked at the web of names and items on the floor in front of him.

He had had something, he had thought. The people who had lost out were all acquaintances of three people - all of them largely because they were pretty and were known for decent nights between the sheets. Two women and one man - a two Ji and a Dedicated. He had watched them and had seen two enter rooms not their own. Had followed them in but saw nothing, literally. The Dedicated simply vanished and he had fled lest it had been a trap to frame him, he knew the tricks. As for the Ji he had stumbled upon a tryst and had vanished just as quickly.

"Which points to the Dedicated but no proof...need proof. Or the other Ji is crafty as a damned Fade" he muttered t himself moments before the door flew open and his head whipped around, bells slapping him in the face.

Ah...The Look...I wonder what it's about he told himself bitterly.

"Gaidin Captian," he pushed himself up and bowed formally just as his gaze followed a small puffball of white snuffle around the room slowly, "what would you like me to explain? If it's about the card games I promise that they are for a good cause. I skipped half a lesson yesterday too but if it's about that I was looking after a Drin who was in quite a bad way"

"Or is it something else?" he asked, getting a sinking feeling opening up beneath him.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » April 18th, 2017, 8:06 pm

[font=Bubblegum+Sans name=Bubblegum Sans] Ravak [/font]
Ravak wasn't going to get skewered on Farshera's distractions. He'd been Master of Training for too long to let such things get to him, and he had plenty of practice as a father as well. He tucked those two nuggets of information away for later, and drove forward with his main issue.

"You know it's about something else." Rav growled. Snowflake was already stepping ahead into the room, but the husky was as good at tracking as Rav was at throwing an axe. He glanced at what was on show for signs of the stolen items. He could upturn the mattress in a short moment. And if Alrim had crafted any hidden nooks, the Gaidin Captain was confident in his abilities to find it.

"This may no longer be my Yards, but this is my roof as the Aiel would call it, and I won't tolerate thievery under my roof." The Shienaran's knuckles paled as he gripped hard onto the hilts of his swords. "Now there's a narrowing chance of you getting out of this that doesn't include the Citadel or the Farm, and it's closing. Bring out everything you've stolen now, and I'll spare you that much."
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » April 20th, 2017, 3:34 pm

It was with a reassessing of the man that Alrim's thoughts ordered themselves anew. The white knuckles and the threats, with no smile, told him that there was a thread somewhere in the Gaidin Captain that may snap one day. He hoped it was not this day, especially given that what he was being accused of by authority now he was innocent of. He tried not to smile wryly, a trace of bitterness in him now but it was difficult. He pursed his lips and sighed deeply after, eyes flicking between Ravak and the ball of fluff now taking an interest in the bits of parchment upon the floor - it was all there.

Incriminating perhaps but if he actually takes the time to listen and read them he'll see the different hands and styles, the items and more. Surely he won't be as paranoid as to think I made it all up for some reason? he gambled internally, arguing with himself and eventually one side won.

"So they finally told on me did they? Can't say as I blame them even if they knowingly sent an innocent to the slaughter. Needed someone to blame, found me, same story" he shrugged and sat back down upon the bed, nodding at the parchment, "your...is that a dog? Well anyway, it found the answer before you did. We seek the same person" he shook his head.

"I have nothing here and I came with little to nothing but you may search what small amounts I do have if it makes you see reason," he offered simply, he had nothing to hide and truly the room and even his chest was spartan and almost yearned for more things which he could not truly afford, "as it is I'll take the Citadel if required. Least then I'd not get the itch in my palms to punch the conniving bastards who put me in this position every time I pass them" he snorted, the statement rang all too true, he really wished he could get away with flooring them in a spectacular way.

He was not sure by the look he was receiving that he had said what Ravak had expected him to say. He was quite good at being un-predictable but even he was no liar. He had spoken truth to Ravak the first time and was now. It was up to the man to see it.

"Every item taken that I know of, the people who told me, when, where and the three I suspected. Half-suspected. They quite like bedding a lot of people I can tell you that much and not much more. Feel free to read it because I'm running out of idea" he finished sadly, either way he was likely to get a punishment and he didn't really like the idea. He liked his free time.
~
~

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » April 20th, 2017, 5:49 pm

[font=Bubblegum+Sans name=Bubblegum Sans] Ravak [/font]
The anger didn't fade within the Shienaran's soul, but it was overtaken by feelings of confusion. Neither the Citadel nor the Farm were mild threats, and Alrim's reaction to it was all wrong. Of course he claimed innocence, but "they" told on him? There was no 'they' to the story, only a Gaidin who had seen Alrim sneak from his rooms after-hours. That had occurred on the same night that an expensive golden ring had vanished from another Gaidin's quarters. If it looks like a duck and it sounds like a duck... Still, something had made the Gaidin hesitate. He paused to collect himself and his thoughts.

"Snowflake, get out from there girl." The husky paused and turned her head towards her master. The two shared a glance before the white ball of fluff padded out into the corridor. Then she settled down into a tripping hazard across the doorway. Rav looked back towards Alrim. "Yeah, I had three, but I gave the other two to the tower. They were all meant to be warhounds. That didn't pan out."

Rav moved deeper into the room, then pushed the door closed a bit. He still held onto the hilts of his weapons, but he was no longer clenching them with all his strength.

"What do you mean we seek the same person?" the Gaidin Captain asked in a mostly calm voice. "You're claiming not only that it isn't you, but that you can finger the person it is? I'm willing to bite. What's your proof?"
Image Image Image Image

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » April 23rd, 2017, 7:44 am

He eyed the white ball of fluff with a surprise that caused his jaw to open ever so slightly. It seemed a nice enough hound but two things circled his mind and fed off of each other so that it was impossible to keep his attention upon what mattered. Snowflake....war hound...Snowflake? Snowflake?! was going to be a war hounds name? And there were more of them too Ravak informed him. When the door closed and his gaze broken he shook his head and returned to reality with a start.

"Snowflake" he told himself, feeling slightly light headed, he was beginning to think he was reaching his limit of strange and unusual these days, much more and he'd keel over one day he was sure.

His focus went back to Ravak and he eyed him slightly as he began to pick up the scraps of parchment from the floor and shuffle them into a rough pile. It was no deck of cards but at this moment perhaps they could win him more than gold and that was always something worth appreciating. The man was acting differently, not relaxed perhaps but that edge which suggested Alrim was about to be thrown head first through the door had dissipated...somewhat. At least he was asking questions now instead of barking demands.

"Proof of what? My innocence? Or this other person? I have more of the first than the second truth be told," he sighed and handed the pile of stacked parchment to Ravak to look over, "you will see they are all written in different styles and by different hands. Because they were given to me by Drin who had had stuff stolen. Small things really, trinkets of home. It's all there"

"They thought it was me at first, almost came to a full on brawl before they believed me. You can ask any of those names and they'll tell you. Told me they'd tell the Master of Training it was me unless I found the real thief. Said I could be working with them for all they knew. Fair enough but I'm insulted. Send a thief to catch a thief? I had more style but that stopped when I came here" he snorted and pushed himself up to stretch his legs.

"Three suspects though, all knew the victims, and when I say knew I mean the sweaty between the sheets kind. Good taste by the look of the three but I can't get any proof on them. They seem to disappear when I try to catch them in the act. Been following them to rooms, go in but don't come out. Two of them anyways - Ji Alisha and Dedicated Joshua. Saw the Ji in the middle of..ah...well let's just say I closed the door. Dedicated turned to air for all I know"

"Last room he went into was a Gaidin's though, means they're taking more important things. If I'm right. It happens after a while, the thrill is hard to control. I should know. Suppose they could be working together, the Ji to...tire them out and the Dedicated to do the snatching"

"Problem is I'm not the best tracker at the best of times and I was usually the one doing the taking, not the hunting so I don't know what more I can do"
~
~

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » April 27th, 2017, 12:32 am

Ravak
Ravak shuffled through the various papers that Alrim had gifted him. True to what the Arafellin claimed, they were written in a multitude of forms, from the curling hoops of some noble to the straight angles of a labourer. He scanned the documents rather than reading them, for what Alrim was saying seemed to summarise what he was reading, and then some.

Ravak knew Alisha. Not the sort he would have immediately thought of when Alrim mentioned, well, 'adult activities'. Not that these sorts of trysts should have been occurring in the first place, but he'd just add that to the other crimes committed when he got to that stage. Someone needs to flog the hot blood out of these children before they do something stupid and reckless.

"You should've told Julian about this sooner." That wasn't really directed at Alrim. It was more of an external musing from the Gaidin, who would have preferred it if the Master of Training could have sorted this one out himself. He straightened out the papers against his chest, then placed them on the desk. "You've convinced me that I've got alternatives to look into for Citadel duty," he said properly. "I don't know this Dedicated Joshua, so you'll have to describe him to me. As for Alisha, we can go find her just now."

Rav watched Alrim from the corner of his eye as he opened the door. That got the interest of Snowflake who rose up onto her feet. Why am I dragging Alrim with me? He could shake the truth out of Alisha by himself, no doubt about that. So he can point out Joshua? Except that Jaryd could do that, and he was the person to deal with Dedicated. He itched the bottom of his chin, then gave himself a mental shrug. Either way, Alrim was along for the ride.
Image Image Image Image

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » June 5th, 2017, 11:12 am

He breathed a sigh of relief at the words Ravak spoke after the long moment of silence, he had no problem being punished but being punished unfairly was something he would have fought and it would only have ended badly. He was glad that he no longer had to do that though he was still not convinced Ravak was entirely convinced. Much would depend upon the investigation he assumed. So lost in his own thoughts of relief he did not hear the order to tag along at first. When it caught up with him he blinked a few times before nodding wordlessly.
Why take me along? Unless he still has the possibility I did it all in his head and I am making it up. Better bloody well find the culprit then or I’m going north to freeze he told himself glumly.
“I know,” he sighed, “I should have but…rock and hard place. I’d rather it only be me punished instead of the whole group of people. Which they probably would have been. I suppose that was foolish of me” he shook his head as Ravak opened the door and the white puffball began nosing its way towards it.

He followed the Gaidin out and shut the door behind them, noting that a few eyes were peeking through the gaps of doors in the corridor both sides. Gossip would clearly be taking place once they had both left the area. To their credit at least they had the decency to close the doors as they were passing them. He took the opportunity to hash out a description of the Dedicated as he trailed along in Ravak’s wake.

“Joshua, doesn’t look like much. Stand out I mean. Bit taller than me, straw coloured hair and blue eyes. Wiry more than stocky and quick around the track at a run I hear. He tends to blend into the background really, likes to hunch against a wall and watch people I saw. I think he doesn’t like being here because he’s got into a few scraps with some of the Drin and Ji” he stated simply.

“More likely to fight in short, though with you I think he’d be suicidal to do that. Probably be…aggressive though? Good liar too. I know because I used to be one. Missing a finger on his left hand…ring finger I think…” he trailed off.

There was little more to say truly and he wanted to get the whole ordeal over with as quickly as possible so that he could get back to being a relatively normal Ji again.
~
~

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » June 9th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Ravak
From Alrim's description, Joshua could be neatly summated as 'a character'. He didn't like to hear that about the mid-ranks. By the time someone earned their sword pin, they ought to have known better about how to behave, and they bloody well should be loyal to the Grey Tower. Having one old-school Dax was enough; the Tower didn't need a second.

They made their way across the foyer as Alisha's quarters were in the Hall's other wing. The twin fireplaces on either end of the hall were ablaze, their heat keeping the cool daytime air at bay. Rav looked for Alisha on the off-chance she was sauntering about, as well as for a skulking Dedicated. Neither were visible as they crossed over the grand fang and flame mosaic in the centre of the room.

Snowflake waited for Rav to open the door at the other end of the hall before leading the way. People took more attention of Snowflake than the Gaidin Captain, making way for the husky before finding themselves passed by Alrim and Ravak. If there were any questioning looks from the passersby, Rav didn't see it.

Alisha's door were just like all of the others, unmarked and unlabelled. Rav knocked loudly on the door even as he fished out a key from his pocket. There were only two master keys -- one for the Mistress of Arms and one for the Master of Training -- but Ravak had acquired Julian's for the day. Some Gaidin had broken doors in the past, and Rav didn't fancy setting himself up for rebuke today.

There was no answer. Slipping the key into the lock, Alisha's door opened with a twist. Snowflake entered first, followed by Alrim and Ravak. Aside from the usual paraphernalia associated with the Warder Yards, there was nothing interesting on show. That included Alisha.

"Unless you know where Alisha actually is, have a look around."
Image Image Image Image

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » June 25th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Interesting. They have a key. Wonder if it works everywhere? he mused to himself silently, finding some fascination even under the circumstances.

It was a passing fancy though, the idea of being able to let one's self into any room they pleased simply to see what was on the other side. He had heard tell that there were secret rooms and vaults that only some knew about or even what was in them. His curiosity was a strong thing, he did like to know things. Especially if he wasn't meant to. Despite the fact he was between a rock and a hard place with his knowledge this time he had to admit that he had found the puzzle amusing and fun. It reminded him of days long ago that had been filled with scheming and planning.

"She is probably out sparring, she likes to conquer people with both arms and smiles. Probably best to see if she's involved first though. A wise decision" he noted casually, agreeably, wondering how much the leaders truly knew about their charges. Perhaps there were just too many to be known fully, he couldn't criticise.

Or maybe he just took far too much of an interest himself in such things. He shrugged and set about the searching. It had been some time since he had tried to think like a thief but it was surprisingly easier than expected. This was no card trick though, it was far graver and more involved. Theft done so easily and without detection - so far - was not a common thing. Especially in a supposed bastion of Light. Then again he had experienced and been told many dark things since arriving. He was beginning to think that shadows were attracted to such places, if only to bask in and be enhanced by the innocent, the naive and the honest.

"If I were a thief..." he murmured to himself as he cast his gaze around the spartan room.

Drawers would be too obvious, as would the chest and under the bed. Such places were the spots of children, too young to use common sense. Eyes usually never looked up but there were merely beams and the ceiling from what he could see. He approached the window and ran his fingers under the wood there to see it anything had been stuck to it. He found nothing. He opened the chest to see little of use and the bedding was to dishevelled to be much use for anything. As he stood on it to inspect the beams he hoped Ravak was having better luck. As he pulled himself up he sneezed and blinked at in the dust.

Dust with marks in it. Interesting. His eyes followed them, down the beam he was on as if someone had gripped it for balance whilst walking on the edge of the bed. He followed them physically and saw it, a little block just a bit edged out of the solid beam. Fingers pulled it out after a few grunts and it fell to the floor. He reached in and pulled out a small bag.

"What have we here then?" he asked as he fell to the floor in a cloud of dust and handed the sack to Ravak as he coughed a few times.
~
~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik