Of Pasts And Practises [Bella]

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: Of Pasts And Practises [Bella]

Post by Andy » April 10th, 2017, 6:30 pm

"Ah, I see what you mean now. Sorry," he grinned, "I can be slow sometimes. Ever so often. I weakness I am trying to get rid of. You give much to think upon and yet you ask nothing of myself. It seems like I will be owing a few favours in this Tower to Gaidin, perhaps something not to be unhappy about, no?"

His mind flickered the faces of the three he really owed something to - Lysira, Dax and Ravak. Of the three he thought Lysira was the most free giving, if he were honest. Ravak had been thinking more about his loyalties and Dax was busy hitting him enough to teach him how to fight properly. Debts often came a calling eventually in his experience, even if the others didn't think of them as debts. Bonds of things owed often went deep, especially when Alrim was the kind of person to wipe ledgers clean when it suited him.

Just hope I don't do something stupid like take a sword for them, that would be a bad day he told himself as he twirled a card between his fingers, thinking slightly mischievous. Skills she had said...he was always quite good with knives. He nodded at her stomach and sent the card spinning to tap into it quite neatly.

"Wonder if I can do that with knives...to an actual target of course. Translating skills, interesting indeed. I have a few perhaps, transferring them to being a Warder seems...problematic. But I'm always up for a challenge" he stooped to pick up the fallen card and put it back in the deck.

It was a bizarre thing, to try to think of ways to incorporate his old skills into his new self. Dexterous fingers were often good for many things, of course. Quick reflexes and fluid motion he could see. Stealth, of course. A smart tongue and charming persona went miles when appropriate. As he listed them mentally they didn't seem so difficult after all, mostly. He smiled to himself.

"Any more advice a clearly talented but quite pretty Gaidin can give this lowly Drin from a darker past?" he asked, half joking and half serious. He would allow her to answer before moving on to the question of debt owed.

"Tell me, is there aught I can do for you in repayment of the wisdom you have given me? If it's drinking I'll be happy but it can be anything. I have become quite broad in what I accept these days" he pushed himself up to standing and clicked his neck.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » April 10th, 2017, 11:06 pm

Her eyes watched him as he processed what she had told him, and she could see it taking root. One of the things that Gaidin did was teach others how to do it as well, and it sunk into her at that moment just what that felt like: teaching, and being a good example. It drew a bit of warmth into her chest and made her smile.

It made her glad for the path she had chosen, and the path she had held to, despite everything else.

"My advice is simply what I've already said. Don't hide from your past, but embrace that it happened and it remains a part of you. That doesn't mean you have to live there now, but it can help make you better in the now of things." She smiled again and watched as he gained his feet, choosing to stand as well.

"There is no debt, Drin," she said. "I am here to help others learn and grow, as those who helped me grow did. If you want to repay me, help someone else."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » April 14th, 2017, 12:08 pm

"Pass it on you say?" he tilted his head as he stretched slightly, his muscles were tight from all the sitting, "I suppose I can do that. Way things are going might not have much choice. For some reason some listen to me, more fool them" he chuckled.

Even though he had been there for some time now, enough to suggest he was ready to be advanced perhaps, he never ceased to be surprised. It was a strange place really, the Grey Tower. Past army, part family, part den of mischief and part royal court. He had never been one for politics but even he knew there was a pecking order and favour markets, he exploited them himself in his own small way. To be given free wisdom with no recourse for compensation...it happened more often than he expected. As for the rest he was navigating them better than initially expected.

Perhaps it is a decent place after all. Not better than home but...a home of sorts he mused to himself.

"Still, if you ever need a favour then you know who to ask," he patted the little book a few times, "and I'll remember too. Got to keep records of these things. I do wish you well and a lovely evening though Natyla, may it b filled with fun and amusements and all manner of such things"

"As for me, think I might try my luck in Hama Valon, honest luck this time, apparently Braddick needs some coin for repairs. Something about a family heirloom. Should lift his spirits should it magically appear I think. Let's see if my luck's in," he took the deck and shuffled, flicking a card out and up to catch after, it was the highest card of the lot, "seems good to me. Should do alright, eh?"

"I hope to see you again and show you what I became one day, until then peace favour your weapon of choice" he bowed and tucked the deck away before setting out about his task.

It was going to be a good evening, for more reasons than one and at least now he had an idea of how to reconcile who he was with what he was to be. Only time would tell if he got it right.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik