Of Violence and Other Things [Attn: Jon]

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: Of Violence and Other Things [Attn: Jon]

Post by Andy » April 15th, 2017, 11:08 pm

He did not immediately lay down beside her, he liked to take his time to enjoy the tamed wildlife around them. Usually h would circuit the place a whole time before settling down where seemed instinctively right to him, the place changed each time he came. Except for the little hedge sanctuary he had made for himself, that was his true meditation place but he couldn't go there every time, h would be discovered. He took the time to circle her, looking at her as fingers touched random foliage - she was certainly not the usual Tower resident.

So peaceful all of a sudden, the marks of her problems molten and beneath the calm face of the serene. If only she could have an easier time of it...problem is this place doesn't really promote peace, harmlessness and sacrifice...not in the same ways anyway he told himself.

He sat down next to her, leaning his back against a small tree trunk she had chosen to place herself by, one forearm resting upon his knee and the other leg crooked but flat. He took up a small, stray pebble and began to roll it across his knuckles jerkily, worked better with coins but it always paid to keep up the practise. Dextrous hands saved lives he knew. He cast his gaze from Lee across the grass and towards the distant waters he knew were there.

"I was once told, slightly differently mind you, that you are always free. It's just about whether you let yourself see it. Smart man he was who told me. See I didn't want to be here at first so he said I had a choice. I didn't have to be here. I could leave and meet my end somewhere, probably bandits or something. Go be a criminal with no home perhaps. I realised that I chose to stay here...it's not so bad after a while" he said softly, thoughtfully.

"Food could be better I guess. Oh and the blankets scratch like a plague" he chuckled, pebbled still rolling and shifting.

A small period of silence followed as he thought about what that meant. He was being groomed for a life of service, killing so others did not have to and to protect those who couldn't. He would be a shield, effectively. There to be appreciated but dented occasionally. H had chosen that, despite the fact that he knew it'd probably lead to a hard and damaging life. Briefly he mused if there was an old Gaidin's building somewhere, filled with those who were so long in the tooth they couldn't really hold a sword and so dented their very bones were knobbed. He smiled and wasn't sure he was sensible enough to last that long.

"It's a new kind of family...really. I'd stand between anyone here and whatever is required. It's what I'm training for. I have friends who won't sell me down the river when easy and a few who'd possibly give everything for me. That's just me...Gaidin. You, you could find a way to heal the darkest illness or grow the most bountiful crops so that there need never be famine or disease again," he continued slowly, "if I had to give my life for such things I'd trade it gladly. It's not so bad, all things considered" he finished, the seed hopefully planted. Or at least ready to be considered then planted by Lee.

"Tell me though, do you have any stories? About these stars of yours? Or just something funny that gets told around the camp fire at night perhaps? Anything interesting happen back where you came from?"
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik