Grey Tower Tutorial by Haeden Ives [Attn: Carl/Rolan Salvane]

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Grey Tower Tutorial by Haeden Ives [Attn: Carl/Rolan Salvane]

Post by Bella » September 28th, 2022, 11:43 pm

The newly-joined Drin of the Grey Tower were always assigned mentors, persons they could learn the ins and outs of Tower life from and have available to ask questions. Most channelers were assigned mentors as well, but that didn't matter so much in this moment as Haeden Ives was not a channeler and nor was the young man he was en route to meet.

Haeden was a frequent mentor since he was...well, he wouldn't say he was "old" of course, but he was certainly one of the senior Gaidin. More than that, he was a true child of the Tower. His mother was the well-known (somewhat infamous) Captain-General of the Green Ajah, among the strongest of the female channelers here, once-Amyrlin, two-hundred-years-plus Miahala. His father had been the equally infamous Reaper of the Yards, Caden Ives. His sister, near-sister, as well as various relatives were part of the Tower as well.

So. All this to say that Haeden often mentored new arrivals.

This was where he was headed at the moment. Liaran was teaching classes today, and he took comfort in the calm, focused knot that lived in the back of his mind. They'd had enough drama and trauma in their history already that he was always happy with their at-ease moments.

Entering the Yards, Haeden's sharp green eyes took in everything and found one young fellow who looked like he was looking for someone. That was usually the first big clue, so Haeden headed that way and paused before him. "Rolan Salvane?" he asked evenly ~ not warm but not cold, which was basically his usual tone.

Carl
"The Eye of the World"
PC: Callum al'Thalda

Re: Grey Tower Tutorial by Haeden Ives [Attn: Carl/Rolan Salvane]

Post by Carl » September 30th, 2022, 1:08 am

Rolan had been advised to seek out the man he'd been paired up with for his training and been given a rather broad sketch of what to look for. That would have been all well and good if the training yards hadn't been packed full of people of all shapes and sizes practicing various combat techniques, most of them moving so quickly he couldn't even get a good look at them to see if they might match the description he'd been given. He wasn't paying very close attention to his surroundings, probably a hugely stupid thing for him to be doing, and so, when he suddenly found another man standing in front of him, saying his name in a questioning way he blinked in surprise.

A few moments later he found his voice. "Yes, I'm Rolan Salvane, and you must be Haeden Ives," he replied, comparing the man standing before him to the description he'd been giving and deciding he fit it well enough. "I was told to meet you here to begin my training," he added, with his usual broad smile.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 8th, 2022, 9:32 pm

Haeden inclined his head in agreement, but only slightly and without ever lowering his eyes. It was one of those things that was drilled into those who would eventually become Gaidin. Be vigilant at all times. "Accurate on both counts," he said. "As you're new to the Grey Tower, I've been assigned to help you learn about the place as well as start you on the path of your training."

He paused and took in the young man again. "I've been told that you've some experience with the sword?"

Carl
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Carl » October 15th, 2022, 3:41 pm

Rolan noted the intensity of the other man's gaze, and how unwavering it was. He wasn't entirely certain, but he got the feeling he'd already made himself look fairly foolish. As there was nothing, he could do about that now he decided to just answer the question.

"Some experience, yes, though nothing you'd likely consider relevant," he replied, resting his hand on the pommel of his sword a bit self-consciously.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 19th, 2022, 11:54 pm

Haeden shook his head slightly. "It's all relevant," he began. "Even just enough experience to hold the sword and not drop it on your own foot has you off to a good start." One side of his lips drew up a little. "We have had more than a few trainees who did not have even that much knowledge when they began to train."

Gesturing for the pair to begin walking, Haeden started ahead and led the way. "So, let's start off with you telling me a little bit about what brought you to the Tower in the first place." Information always cycled through the Mistress of Training to the mentors, but Haeden liked to hear it from the person for himself instead.

Carl
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Carl » October 29th, 2022, 9:42 pm

Rolan fell into step beside the other man, a small grin on his face that at least his little bit of experience wasn't going to be dismissed out of hand. He'd worried that for the highly trained Gaidin of the Tower someone who had been a sometime merchant guard was going to be looked down upon. As the man asked him to tell him about what brought him to the tower that grin faltered a bit.

"My father," he said, and chuckled. "As ridiculous as that sounds, had it not been for him I would never have found my way here, though I daresay he's likely spinning in his grave at the very thought. I was raised in Tear, my father was a very successful, and very wealthy merchant. We regularly traveled far and wide, once I was old enough to join him.

"It was during those travels I got the little bit of experience I have, incidentally. However, it was during our last trip that you could say my fate to come to the Grey Tower was sealed. We were set upon by bandits, during a trip up to the borderlands, and one of the vile filth had a blade dipped in the poison waters of a river in Thakan'dar. His wound was fatal, but an Aes Sedai, despite the abuse heaped upon her by people from my land, and my own rudeness at our first meeting, labored night and day for three days to save him.

"He died anyway, and because I had allowed one of the "witches" to use her power on him my mother disowned me, and case me from the family home. I was left with nothing but that which I carried with me at the time, my horse, and a small sack of coin to try to build a new life... Because of the effort of that Aes Sedai, and what she tried so hard to do for my father, I felt this was where I should be. If there's anywhere in the world I can try to repay the debt, it's here, learning to be a Warder."

Realizing, suddenly, that he'd been speaking for quite some time he stopped, snapping his mouth shut with an audible click, and glancing at the other man in embarrassment. "Forgive me, I am sure you didn't want to know that much."

Bella

Post by Bella » November 2nd, 2022, 8:53 pm

The Gaidin chuckled and shook his head a little. "I asked the question, and you answered it. There is no reason to apologize for that," he said simply. If he hadn't asked, it would have been another matter, but he had. It was a story that gave him insight into the young man next to him, although it was sadly not a terribly uncommon way to get here.

"It sounds like a Yellow," he said thoughtfully. "They are dedicated to the craft of healing others, even to their own detriment at times, and three days for a man in a country that hated her..." He shrugged faintly. "Although Aes Sedai and Asha'man are all, by nature of their training and dedication, servants to the world. Whether it likes them or not. Gaidin serve them in turn so they can uphold that mission, even Ajah in its own way."

He looked over at Rolan. "As you have not been here terribly long, have you learned much about the Ajahs and their missions? It will be important to know, even though you will not be joining one yourself. The mission of the Aes Sedai or Asha'man you bond will become your mission too. The lifestyles for each varies, whether they stay close to the Grey Tower or travel a lot. That will affect you as a Gaidin."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik