Mixing It Up! [Attn: All Novices, Soldiers & Drin ~ PC, PSC & NPC Welcome]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Dan
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Senarah

Re: Mixing It Up! [Attn: All Novices, Soldiers & Drin ~ PC, PSC & NPC Welcome]

Post by Dan » November 2nd, 2022, 8:32 pm

"Darthalien", she softly said in reply. A strange name, she had never heard of one like it before. His accent was different too. The world was a big place, and she always found it difficult to figure out what part of the continent a certain dialect came from. Back home, her parents had hosted travellers from all over. You learned to not question the little things, and to focus on the present. She looked to the man, and smiled. She had to admit to herself, such things really didn't matter. He seemed kind, and friendly. Offering her hand, she said warmly; "My name is Senarah. A pleasure to meet you."

While her words were a near echo of what her mother would have said to any of the inn's guests, there was an honesty in the novice's voice. She had not been in the Grey Tower for very long, and thus far she had forged no connections with any of the other students. She accepted the moment for what it was, an opportunity. Senarah looked to her cup of water, and smiled. The smile never truly fading from her features, even with her previous embarrassment, she found herself to be in a good mood.

"Do, um, are there such gatherings as this often?" She asked. Perhaps Darthalien had been around long enough to know. "I have only been here a few months, and so far I have not had any such opportunity to fraternize with others like this. It's all just, it's just not what I expected." From the horror stories she had heard of gossipers and drunks, places like the three towers were supposed to be difficult, where Asha'man and Aes'Sedai broke the spirits of their pupils. Where one would be punished for simple offences, like not averting one's gaze. Life was not easy here, not in the least! But it was not oppressive, and if one worked hard enough, it was rewarded.

Ashfalcon
"The Dragon Reborn"
PC: Darthalien
SC: Illanova Restrov

Post by Ashfalcon » November 3rd, 2022, 4:13 am

"I almost hope so," answered Darthalien. It seemed this Senarah wasn't displeased by his presence; that was a pleasant surprise. "...But I do not know. I have been here only a few months myself, and my time has been... occupied. I had much to learn when I--" He hesitated, uncertain of his wording. Most of the past months had been spent learning to understand this bloody language. "--found the tower."

Well, learning the language, and trying to answer questions about his homeland, and trying to overcome his dread of using the Accursed Power... and, on one memorable afternoon, helping to gather an immense number of kittens. The memory was funnier now that he knew that they only grew to roughly the length of his shin. The cats of his homeland were something else altogether. "If it's not unwelcome to ask, how did you come to be at the Tower?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » November 3rd, 2022, 10:28 pm

Ekaitza, Novice
Ekaitza nibbled on her fruit and watched the entrance, bored and feeling a little homesick. When someone flopped into the chair beside her with a greeting, she blinked, then turned her head to see who had spoken to her. The dark-haired novice wasn't someone she recognized, but Ekaitza gave her a smile with more confidence than she actually felt. Engaging in conversation with another novice had to be better than sitting by herself, waiting on a cousin who clearly wasn't coming. Still, Ekaitza gave the entryway another glance before saying anything.

"I don't think we've met," she said as she brought her attention back to the other novice. Setting her plate on her lap, the Tuatha'an woman offered the woman a hand. "I'm Ekaitza," she introduced herself. "Do you know if we're supposed to be doing anything here other than sitting around looking at each other?"

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Post by Locke » November 4th, 2022, 2:21 pm

“Nasrin,” Nas said, taking the hand and giving it a firm shake. “Truth be told,” she said looking around at the awkwardly milling lower ranks, “I’ve got no clue. They could have at least sprung for a musician so we could have something nice to listen to while looking at each other awkwardly.” Catching Ekaitza’s glances towards the door, Nas asked, “Expecting somebody? Are they cute?” She leaned in with wide eyes hoping for juicy gossip.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Dan
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Dan » November 4th, 2022, 7:42 pm

Chuckling softly to herself, Senarah had a warm smile on her face. That was a question she also ended to ask herself, when tower life wore her out. "That's a good question." She said simply in answer. Senarah then took a long drink of water, and found that her throat felt normal again, finally. Though, a herbal tea with a generous touch of honey would have been far more enjoyable, and helpful. After a moment craving tea, and some inner self reflection, she met the gaze of her companion.

"It all started with my mother, long before I was born. My mother was born of a good home, of a good family. There was a life planned out for her, down to every little detail. But my mother had a spark of life greater than her kin could have ever imagined. She chose to walk away from it all, comfort and safety, and chose make a life for herself. My mum, she's a wonderful woman. Kind, hard-working, wise, loving. My father's a good man too, he is noble, gentle, and often doting upon his loved ones. She had made a life for herself, and has lived the best life she could have ever hoped for. And he, having found such a remarkable woman, did everything he could to ensure she had a life she could be proud oI, Me, I'm simply doing the same. I am following in her footsteps, and stepping out of what I've known for my entire life, and learning to better myself."

With her left hand, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Hama Valon is a place of new beginnings. I had a good life, but I must follow in my mother's footsteps, and see what the world truly has to offer me. That spark of life in my mother, it's in me too. I want to live, to experience life and all it has to offer. That's why I am here. To find my place in the world."

Yet unknown to the girl, that woman that had seen her at her family inn had seen something of interest. An envoy of the Grey Tower would not just bring anyone into its halls, something about the young woman had spoken to the older lady that day, that last day in her old life. The girl Senarah was gone, leaving but the Novice Senarah in her place. Yet what that meant, the young woman could not fathom.

Ashfalcon
"The Dragon Reborn"

Post by Ashfalcon » November 7th, 2022, 1:36 am

"That sounds... not unpleasant," Darthalien replied, pushing aside memories of his own arrival, lost and alone, in the tattered remains of his uniform. "And certainly there are worse reasons to be here. Does it... do you feel like you have found a place here?"

He wasn't certain that he had, though Cavros Asha'man was certainly trying. Then again, he was still learning the language; he might feel much more at home when he was more certain of what he -- and everyone else -- was saying. And the morning's introduction to the Warder Yards had certainly felt more familiar than anything else he'd found here. He hadn't had someone bark at him that way since training with the senior Daggers.

Dan
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Dan » November 7th, 2022, 10:50 pm

"Honestly, I don't know." She answered truthfully. She looked upon the table absently as she searched deep within for any sort of real answer. Exhaling wearily, she had little to offer the man. "There is much to offer in the Grey Tower, this has been made clear. You work hard, pay your dues, respect the customs of this place, respect those who have come before you. Those are the expectations, and they are perfectly reasonable things to as from those who have come before us, to ask of us in return."

She enjoyed talking to Darthalien, but such deep reflection snuffed her hunger and thirst. "I have been raised to take my work seriously. My parents had always taken into consideration the possibility of my following in their footsteps, so they taught me all about their work, and their ethics. Honestly, such things could benefit anyone, really. So I understand that the more I put into my chores, and education, the more the Grey Tower will offer me in return."

She licked her lips, and looked into the eyes of her new acquaintance. "But what do I want? I honestly don't even know. I've learned a little about the eight of the White and Grey Tower's Ajah's, as well as a little of the darker ninth. But I could not honestly tell you how I feel about any of them, aside from the revulsion of the One."

"I've learned of what the Warder Yards offers to all kinds of students. Warfare and all things arts martial, but am I even meant to learn of such things? I've never even hit another person, would i even belong in the Yards with those who have poured sweat, blood and tears into their training?"

"I've learned of what the White, Brown and Indigo Ajah's offer in the form of a curriculum to all prospective channellers, and even potential Warders. But what could the White Ajah truly offer me to shape my life? I understand that the Brown Ajah dedicate their lives to knowledge, but how do I even figure out which book to read? And the Indigo, which i believe is the youngest of all Ajah's? Can they truly teach me to touch Saidar?"

Something about the way Darthalien spoke to her put her at ease. She was beginning to feel more comfortable by the second. He was a mystery to her, but at the same time, he truly was listening. He was not just listening, he was present, his attention in the moment. Embarrassed at the sudden realization of her thoughts, she turned her gaze to the side, and softly said; "I'm sorry." She did not really know this man, but if there had anyone been truly friendly with her in this place, he had been the first. It was embarrassing to have spilled her thoughts like that, in the open.

Ashfalcon
"The Dragon Reborn"

Post by Ashfalcon » November 8th, 2022, 5:40 am

Darthalien sat back for a moment, considering. Then he said, "I do not know what I wish to do either. I came to the tower because it was the only place where anyone could understand my words, and what I was saying. I remain because it seems I must learn to control the... Saidin. Today I was offered a chance to return to the study of weapons as well, and I want that... but..." He paused, sorting words and feelings alike. "Do I want it because it is near to what I wanted before? Do I want it because-- for itself? Or is it a useless distraction from the need to learn to channel? I do not know." He did not think it was useless; too many channelers studied weapons for that to make sense. But it was still hard to imagine that regular weapons would not be completely overshadowed by the One Power. "Perhaps I still cling to things better left behind. And Ajahs? I have given them little thought. I think perhaps you have given this place more thinking than I have. Have you channeled at all?"

This Senarah had done him the honor of sharing her doubts with him; it seemed only fair to share his own in return. In his old life, the senior Daggers might have chastised him, reminded him that he was to gather information and not to give it out... but this place was not that place, and Cavros Asha'man had given him a very different set of directives. Get to know people. Let them get to know you. Well, this was certainly a start.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » November 10th, 2022, 11:26 pm

Ekaitza, Novice
Ekaitza blinked, looked at Nasrin for a second, and then started laughing. She wasn't especially loud, but it did take some time before she felt able to form words again. She sucked in a breath, then explained, "No.....she's my cousin!"

Her amusement at the idea almost had Ekaitza laughing again, and she covered her mouth with one hand, trying to make herself stop. She then turned back to her food and ate a couple pieces of fruit before checking the door once more. Nobody else had entered since the last time she'd looked, leading Ekaitza to make a disappointed observation. "Anyways, I don't think she's coming," the novice said quietly.

Dan
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Dan » November 19th, 2022, 6:07 pm

The simple question painted a look of shame and regret upon the young woman's face. It had been said that she had the potential, that there was something deep within her that made her special. But what ever that special spark was deep within, it was something she could not touch. Could not see. Could not feel. Where some girls even younger than her already showed aptitude, and were walking with purpose, she could not even stand yet. It was all out of her reach, she knew. But what made it worse, was that she could not even see what she yearned to grasp.

Looking down upon the table, she said simply; "No." She understood what it was to surrender. To accept things for what they were, and to not fight the way things should be. But how could she surrender to something she could not even see? Not even understand? "How does one surrender, when you cannot even see your enemy?" She confessed unknowingly out loud.

She breathed in deeply, and exhaled a shake breath. "How can a blind woman understand light, when she has never been able to see it before?" She asked her companion, as she met his gaze. She gently shook her head, and smiled at the man. A warm smile, yet one that could not reach her eyes.

"Is it the same with men? Do you need to give yourself willingly to something out of reach?" Perhaps understanding how men approached the problem, may shed some insight upon her own personal problems. So her words were offered with a yearning for answers, with a shining hint of hope.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik