Busy Days [Attn: Alianora]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Busy Days [Attn: Alianora]

Post by Bella » October 19th, 2022, 11:50 pm

His thoughts echoed her own almost in the same instant. He raked some leaves into his bag and then unfolded his lanky frame back to an upright position, moving on and keeping up with her pace as she worked. Dai laughed ruefully. "Perhaps I will get the chance someday when I'm able to set out on my own again. It sounds like I'll a while to wait for that, though."

Dai shrugged a little, though. "I don't know I mind that too much, though. Even though I was born to a band of the Traveling People, I haven't actually done much of it. I grew up in the same little Andor village until I ended up here." He paused and stretched a little, rolling his shoulders before getting back to it.

"I'd like to know what it must have been like growing up without a fixed point," he continued, "but I don't know if that's too big of a question to answer."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » October 27th, 2022, 10:31 pm

Ekaitza, Novice
Ekaitza looked away from the leaves she'd been raking and blinked. "I'm...not really sure what you want to know," she admitted. "I mean, it's just how I was raised. I always liked it, being able to see different places, stopping and going as we chose. " She bent her head, raking another pile into a bag that finally was almost filled with leaves. "I could just as easily ask you what it was like living in the same place your whole life....you might not be able to explain it, because it wouldn't seem unusual to you."

The novice stopped and moved to the side of the path, where she picked up the nearly full bag and pushed the leaves inside down to make room for more. Then she resumed the walking and raking she'd been doing, not at all sure her response hadn't sounded stupid. "For me," Ekaitza added, "It is very strange to think that I will have to remain here for years, rather than staying for a week or two, then moving on." It was something the Tuatha'an woman tried not to think about much, as the thought always made her feel trapped, even though it had been her own decision to follow Saralin here.

Bella

Post by Bella » November 2nd, 2022, 8:48 pm

"I can imagine it must be," he agreed thoughtfully, "at least in theory." He chuckled a little ruefully, talking and thinking while going about his work without having to put much of his mental capacity toward it. This was all pretty rote tasks that he had done often enough while living with his family back in that little town in Andor.

He considered it for a few moments more. "It obviously is fairly normal to me, to stay in one place, but doing so seems to make one long more to see other places..." He shrugged. "I think I could describe to you what it was like for me, growing up stationary, but there just isn't much to say. It was rather boring, though I suppose familiarity can be comforting in its way."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » November 6th, 2022, 2:06 am

Ekaitza, Novice
Ekaitza's bag was full, and she dragged it behind her, occasionally stopping to stuff a few last leaves into it. Once she could fit no more in, she left it by the side of the path with some others before taking an empty sack from a nearby pile and continuing on her way. The rhythm of raking, gathering, and filling the bag had become routine enough now that it didn't require much of her attention.

Still working, she gave Dai a curious look. Truthfully, the life he described, confined to one village, sounded dreadfully dull to the Tuatha'an woman, but she knew it would be an unkind thing to say. "Is that why you came here, to see other places?" she asked instead. That desire was one Ekaitza could understand, but the wish to travel to the Grey Tower was one the novice did not understand though she herself was living here.

Bella

Post by Bella » November 15th, 2022, 11:55 pm

This whole task had become so rote that Dai was just doing it without thinking too much about it by now, which was something he'd experienced at times at home too. Sometimes that was just the way it went with menial tasks, but he never really minded it then and he didn't mind it now. It gave him time to think, or converse.

"I can't say it's what brought me here," he said. "I was discovered by an Asha'man from the Grey Tower as being able to travel, but a desire to see other places helped it be an easy transition to make." There were other reasons too, but he kept those to himself. "I get the feeling, though, that you are not here for a desire to settle down. If I might be so bold as to say."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » November 24th, 2022, 2:52 am

Ekaitza, Novice
Ekaitza smiled and shook her head. "No," she said. "I don't imagine I'll want to settle anywhere for long." As she spoke, she continued to walk and work. A leaf crunched under Ekaitza's foot, and she paused to bend down, gathering the pieces and placing them in her sack. She grabbed a few more while she was down, then stood up again. She hurried the few steps it took her to catch up with Dai, not wanting him to think her rude or unwilling to answer a fairly simple question.

Once she had, she continued, "I never actually planned to come here at all. I'm only here because my cousin, Saralin....she accidentally channeled the One Power, and our people don't believe it is possible for someone who can channel to follow the Way of the Leaf. So she was sent here, and I didn't want to leave her alone." Ekaitza wasn't willing to get into the details of exactly what Saralin had done, how their family had reacted to her, or her own rather conflicted feelings about it. She shrugged, using her rake to shove another pile of leaves into her sack. "At the time I thought I would just come to the city with her and find some sort of work, see her when I could...I had no reason to think I'd find myself in the Grey Tower with her. It was not what I expected, but life is not so bad here, most days."

Bella

Post by Bella » November 25th, 2022, 9:10 pm

"I'm not crazy about the clothing," Dai admitted with a wry laugh, "but I don't think it's too bad here." With another bag full, he tied it off and set it aside to where another group would collect them later. He fetched another burlap sack from the bunch he carried at his waist, opening it and shoveling in the next clump of leaves.

After a moment, he continued, "To be honest, this isn't much different than my life before, just with the addition of the channeling classes." He paused thoughtfully. "How is your cousin doing here in the Tower? I don't think I've met a Saralin."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » November 29th, 2022, 11:33 pm

Ekaitza, Novice
At Dai's mention of the clothes they had to wear here, Ekaitza rolled her eyes. "You're lucky you get to wear black," she pointed out. "White is simply impossible to keep clean, yet they expect our dresses to be spotless, even out here." As if to illustrate her complaint, the rake she was holding turned in her hand, leaving a streak of dirt near the hem of her dress. The novice sighed, took the fabric in her other hand, and shook off as much of the mess as she could.

After wiping off the rest of it enough to satisfy the watching Accepted, Ekaitza let go of the skirt and continued her raking. While she worked, she thought about Dai's question. She did not know how Saralin was, how she was adapting, if she'd managed it at all, and worry ate at her every single day. Life here was simply so busy that she'd never found even a single moment in which she could try to see her cousin.

It was incredibly frustrating for her, causing Ekaitza to inhale a few deep breaths before she trusted herself to answer calmly. "I honestly don't know how she's doing, I hardly ever get to see her," she said flatly. "We are never in the same group for chores, not in any of the same classes...when I am lucky, I might get to pass her in the hall, but even then I never have time to do more than smile at her when I walk by." It disturbed her that Saralin never returned those smiles, instead gazing vaguely at Ekaitza before turning away.

Bella

Post by Bella » December 2nd, 2022, 8:41 pm

For a few moments, he felt a little guilty for bringing up what might have been a sore subject. He wasn't going to pry any further of course, since he'd asked to be polite. He'd been genuinely interested in the answer, but not with the aim to be nosey. Her grunted softly, focusing on work for a moment, then said, "I'm sorry to hear that. They do keep us all pretty busy, don't they?"

He couldn't have imagined a place with so much space as to accumulate as many leaves as this. Cleaning up leaf litter had been an autumnal task for him at home, of course, but over a far smaller area. This seemed like it would take forever, even with the full group at work.

"I didn't have much extended family myself back home, though I had younger siblings. My parents didn't have any children when they adopted me, but they had them later. We weren't related by blood, but I did my best as an older brother until I came here to the Tower. I imagine they're fine without me, though." This was all said very matter-of-factly, as it wasn't a source of upset for him. He was just keeping the conversation going with a few experiences of his own.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 10th, 2022, 2:55 am

Ekaitza, Novice
The cycle of raking, gathering, then raking again seemed to be almost endless to Ekaitza. She knew it wouldn't be, if only because she had more classes later in the day, but that didn't stop her from feeling as if the chore dragged on. After raking up several piles of leaves, the novice stopped, rubbing a spot low on her back that was beginning to ache. She said to Dai's question, "Yes, they do. I thought I kept busy back home, but it was nothing like it is here." Ekaitza wouldn't have minded the constant activity, if she could only manage to see Saralin for more time than it took to catch sight of her in passing.

Looking down, the novice peeked into her half filled sack and began pushing her leaf piles into it as she listened to Dai talk. In response to his comments, she said, "Don't you miss your siblings? Or were you not very close to them? I'm an only child, so I don't know what it's like to have sisters or brothers, though I was raised so close to my cousins that we may as well have been sisters."

That observation brought to her mind the question of how the younger girls were doing with both Ekaitza and Saralin gone from the wagons. They'd both watched them as often as either set of parents had, and Ekaitza hoped they hadn't been too upset by the sudden change. Frowning, she shoved another bunch of leaves into her bag. The idea that her absence might have been hard on her remaining cousins was the first regret she'd experienced about having come here.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik