You Will Do This! You Will! Oh... [attn: Ali]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

You Will Do This! You Will! Oh... [attn: Ali]

Post by Lou » February 19th, 2020, 2:52 pm

"I want you to go over to that stack of old rusted pots and scrub them for me."

Dianlinn, who only moments ago had been about to go and have some lunch, looked at the Accepted before her and nodded. Of course she would go and scrub the rust from those pots, it was exactly what she wanted to do. She was not sure why she should be doing it, but she was going to do it anyway. Right? She was one to follow what she was told, but the Aes Sedai, and while this girl was not an Aes Sedai, she would be one day. So Dianlinn should be loyal and do as she was told. Even when it looked like the chore she was about to do had been set for the girl now telling her to do it.

Dianlinn stopped.

Why was she to scrub the pots? It was not her chore, she was no under control of an Accepted, unless told so by her own trainers. And she had had been told to go and have lunch, as she would be aiding a class of Drin later that afternoon. Blinking once, she turned to face the Accepted, who was stood with a couple of others, and who wore a rather smug look on her face.

"No." Dianlinn said simply, and faced the group before her, though the smug look on the woman's face had slipped, and she seemed to frown before taking a step towards Dianlinn.

"Go scrub those pots!"

Dianlinn felt a strong compulsion to go and go as she was told, and she was turning before she could stop herself. But that was as far as she had gotten before she turned back to the girl, dark hair hanging loose down her back. Dianlinn's own hair had grown from the short style used by the Maidens, to a more curly bobbed cut that sat below her shoulders now. She still kept the long tail down her back though. She took another step towards the Accepted.

"No. I shall not." Her voice was firmer this time, "You go and wash your own pots." She frowned, she wanted to tell her she had no honour, but she held back, just. "Your words are wind."

The Accepted's face seemed to grow red, like she had been out in the sun all day, and Dianlinn lifted her chin a little as she waited to see what would happen next, as she continued to try and ignore the feeling in her head that was trying to encourage her tp do as she was asked.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: You Will Do This! You Will! Oh... [attn: Ali]

Post by Alianora » February 23rd, 2020, 10:12 pm

Elara Sedai, NPC
All Elara had wanted was some lunch. She didn't want much, just a little something, so she hadn't gone to the trouble of summoning a servant to the isolated section of the library where she worked. Instead, she'd simply left her desk and come to the kitchen herself. Once she stepped inside, however, the Brown sister suddenly stopped moving, distracted by the confrontation unfolding between a Ji and an Accepted, neither familiar to her. On the surface, it appeared to be nothing but an argument over who had to wash the pots sitting by the sink, but the tangle of Spirit Elara could see the Accepted weaving was what had caught the Aes Sedai's attention. It pressed in on the Ji in a way that almost seemed threatening, causing her to doubt that the Accepted had any good reason for what she was doing.

Her dark eyes narrowed and her lips thinned as she studied the weave, all her earlier thoughts of lunch vanishing. Very few used pure Spirit like this, and Elara had thought she knew them all. Something about it nagged at her, as if she had seen it used before, but the Aes Sedai was sure she would have remembered a weave of Spirit that was this intricate. Perhaps in one of my books? She blinked, going though a mental catalog of the forgotten volumes under her care, and when she realized that the weave could only be forbidden Compulsion, Elara reached for saidar.

Her own thread of Spirit sliced through the Accepted's weave only moments after the Ji told the Accepted to go wash her own pots. The Accepted looked confused, and her red face grew even redder when she noticed Elara striding towards her. Before she could protest, the Aes Sedai snapped, "When you're done with the pots, go to the Mistress of Novices and tell her what you were doing earlier instead of your punishment. I'm sure she'll be quite interested in what you've learned."

The Accepted's red face paled, and she scurried over to the sink as Elara turned away from her and tilted her head back to look up at the Drin. There was nothing unusual about her that Elara could see, or at least, nothing but the odd hair and unusual height, but the amount of Compulsion the Accepted had been using should have been more than enough to force her to comply. So why didn't she? It was a mystery, and Elara wanted to find the answer.

"Are you all right, child?" she asked, remembering from some research she'd once done that strong Compulsion was said to sometimes have unpleasant effects on the victim. Elara ran a hand over her brown bun, despite that not a single strand was out of place, and wondered if the Ji had any idea what she'd just done.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » March 8th, 2020, 7:22 pm

Dianlinn was so busy staring at the Accepted, wondering why she still felt an urge to go and do the pots, that when the Aes Sedai snapped out at the group, she was taken by surprise. And she did not like to be taken by surprise. She gripped her hands at her sides, clenched into fists, as she watched the woman address the Accepted who had told her to do her chores. She knew that some of the Wetlanders had no honour, but this was simply a show of it as far as she was concerned. The Accepted, and the group of girls who had stood around her. She would make sure to keep an eye out for them in the future, it would be best if she did not get caught showing them how little honour they did not have. She watched as the Accepted's face turn white, whiter than the white of her dress, and then headed off to the basin of pots that were waiting for her under her around the back of the kitchens.

When the Aes Sedai looked to her next, Dianlinn saluted to her, and then blinked at the question. "How am I, Aes Sedai?" She said repeated, "I am fine. I have a bit of a headache, and a need to wash pots, but I am fine." She did not want the Aes Sedai worrying over her in any matter when there was no need. She was unworthy to be worried over by one such as she, not until she passed her Gaidins test, and that could be years away yet. She would not leave until she was dismissed by the woman before her, but she was not sure she should be stood here either. She looked over to the wash station once again and saw the Accepted elbows deep in a sink.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » March 11th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Elara Sedai
Elara wasn't sure the Ji knew just how fortunate she was to have escaped with nothing more than a minor headache. She gave the other woman a nod. "Well. It's good that you weren't harmed in that...incident," she commented. Out of the corner of her eye, the Brown sister checked on the Accepted at the sink. The girl hadn't moved from her spot, and the pile of dishes in front of her suggested that she wasn't likely to cause further problems anytime soon. The Aes Sedai couldn't help but feel a twinge of satisfaction, though she maintained a calm expression.

Directing her attention back to the Ji, Elara looked up in her general direction. "I'd like to ask you some questions about what just happened," the Brown sister informed her. "Did you come here for your lunch, or is there something else you should be doing?" She wasn't going to be so thoughtless as to keep the Ji from other duties, but if she had none....well, one could easily eat and talk at the same time. Looking up made her neck ache, and her hand twitched as Elara smothered the urge to rub the back of it. She did lower her head, though that meant she could barely see the other woman's face.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » March 22nd, 2020, 2:51 pm

Dianlinn was feeling decidedly confused, but then that was not uncommon since coming to the Wetlands. Much here left her baffled, and when she asked for things to be explained, they laughed and looked at her as if she was the one making no sense. Many had accrued toh to her, though sadly they did not know of ji'e'toh, and she would not waste her breath in explaining it to them. But she would make sure that Accepted saw her face again, and when she least expected it. What was confusing was the Aes Sedai's reaction to the encounter, though she knew that they needed little explanation to their actions, it was not anyone's place to question them. But she felt like she wanted to right then. She frowned a little, rubbing her forehead once again, that headache not getting worse, but it was an annoyance.

"Pardon me, Aes Sedai, but why would you wish to question me over the actions of a dogrobber such as she?" She paused, and then rubbed the back of her neck. "I was on my way to eat lunch, Aes Sedai, but I can eat later if you wish to ask me anything, of course." She told the other woman, she was at her disposal after all. She still not sure what this was about, and she looked around, glad to see the Accepted friends had all vanished. They had all laughed at Dianlinn, she felt no small measure of want to go and take it out on their hides.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » March 25th, 2020, 10:06 pm

Elara Sedai
Elara shook her head. "No need to postpone your lunch," she said. "I'll just have it brought to my study." With that decided, she turned and left the Ji, walking through the kitchens in search of a servant. They were never hard to find in the kitchens, and it took Elara very little time to locate one and make her request. With that taken care of, she returned to the place where she'd left the other woman.

Eager to get going and learn whatever she could about what she'd just seen, the Brown sister looked up at the Ji and said, "We should have lunch shortly. If you'll follow me?" Used to being obeyed, she did not wait to see if the woman did follow, instead departing the kitchens to make her way back to the library. She wasn't moving fast, and with the Ji's greater height, she was not at all concerned about the other woman's ability to keep up.

She had no desire to start questioning the woman until they were somewhere a bit more private than the hallways, so Elara walked without speaking a word. Reaching the library, the Aes Sedai made her way past the familiar shelves of books until she arrived at the back of one of the sections. Here, there were a few plain doors, and Elara opened the nearest one to enter her own small study.

It wasn't much, but it was all hers, a benefit of working in the library for the many years she had, and she'd always been rather picky about keeping it neat. Unlike so many of her sisters, Elara's books were lined up carefully on her bookshelves, and the papers on her desk organized in folders. Her own chair was behind it, of course, and there was another like it in front of the desk for the rare visitor. Still holding the door, Elara turned her head to look behind her to see if the Ji was with her, or if she was going to end up disappointed.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » April 27th, 2020, 11:54 am

Dianlinn was more than a little shocked that the small Aes Sedai before her was talking about getting her lunch taken to the woman's study. She still was not sure what this was all about, but then that was not surprising, she rarely did on this side of the Tower. It was why she stuck to the Training Grounds, she was not a channeller, and as such she did not need to know what went on here. All she had to do was keep Channellers safe, and she would do that with spear, dagger and bow. She blinked as the woman headed off, and Dianlinn was left standing alone in the area. She no doubt looked a right sight, like a fish in the Three-fold Land. When the Aes Sedai came back, her hair still in its perfect bun, and told her to follow, Dinalinn nodded her head to her. "Yes, Aes Sedai." She told her and then matched her stride to the woman's, as she was following, and she could not really walk ahead of her.

They made quick work walking through the Library, and then into the Brown Ajah halls, but the brown tiles on the floor, and the more plain dark brown doors. The woman stopped at one, and it was only because Dianlinn was paying attention that she did not walk into her. She followed the woman into a study, and her eyes automatically scanning the room. It would have been for enemies if they had been anywhere, but as it was she was just curious. There were books and scrolls everywhere, and a neat looking desk. She looked around, before focusing once again on the woman before her.

And once again, Dinalinn was standing there awkwardly, a faint heading behind her eyes growing slowly. "Thank you for sharing your office with me, Aes Sedai, but I am still unsure why I am here." She paused, "Did you need something moved?" She asked her, knowing that the kitchens would bring food quickly as the Aes Sedai had requested it, but she was sure that the woman had not brought her here to watch her eat. "How may I be of assistance?"
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 2nd, 2020, 9:56 pm

Elara Sedai
Elara let the door close behind them and them waved a hand at the chair in front of her desk. "Well, first of all, you can sit down if you like," Elara told the Ji. "No need to stand there all day." Whether the woman sat or not, Elara walked to her own chair and sat before fixing her brown eyes on the Ji.

"Clearly you don't understand the importance of what just happened in the kitchens, so I shall tell you," Elara began. "What happened is that you demonstrated a resistance to a rather nasty weave called Compulsion. It does exactly what it sounds like it would do, forcing the target to perform an action against his or her will."

A knock on Elara's door interrupted the Brown sister before she could get any further into her explanation. She rose and answered the knock, opening it to admit one of the Tower's servants with a tray of food. The servant set a steaming bowl of soup, a plate of sliced bread, and a mug of tea at each woman's place, then saw himself out.

"Go ahead and eat," Elara instructed the Ji as she returned to her chair. The Aes Sedai followed her own directions once she was sitting again, eating a piece of bread and some of the soup before speaking again.

"Most people have no ability to resist Compulsion. That you can, while not entirely unheard of, is quite unusual." Elara sipped her tea and continued eating while giving thought to her next words. "If you're willing, I think you could benefit from some....practice, if you will, in recognizing Compulsion's effects and fighting against them. I'd like to offer you my assistance in this. Of course, I don't know Compulsion itself, but there are some weaves which are somewhat less forceful and more persuasive in nature, but should work similarly."

Elara tilted her head, studying the woman, and finished the bread on her plate. A thought occurred to her, and she spoke again. "Oh, and what is your name? I am Elara Sedai." Such introductions were something the Brown sister often forgot, but if the woman did agree, she had realized she could hardly call her "woman" or "Ji" when addressing her.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » May 21st, 2020, 1:27 pm

Dianlinn was more than a little perplexed by what was going on. She knew the ways of the Aes Sedai (the same as those of the Wise Ones and Asha'men) were not to be understood by the likes of her, and when the Aes Sedai before her told her to sit, Dianlinn did. On the floor, and crossed legged and looking quite at her ease there as the Aes Sedai looked in her obviously favourite chair. She sat still and began to listen as the other woman spoke of what had happened down stairs. To Dianlinn it was the actions of the past, and other than a lesson that would be visited on the Accepted, there was nothing more to think about it. Especially with the headache that she had brewing.

Compulsion. A weave. It dawned on Dianlinn then that the Accepted had used the One Power on her, and tried to make her do her chore. Dianlinn scowled more than, that Accepted had a rather strict lesson coming about using the One Power on other people to be a lazy dog-robber. She opened her mouth to ask about it, wanting to understand what Compulsion was (if she could) and how she had managed to beat it, but then the Tower staff brough up their lunches, and Dianlinn was surprised to see the Brown Sister having the same as her. She had always though the Aes Sedai ate much finger fare than the lower ranks of the Tower. Though she was slowly becoming used to their food, be it over spiced, and usually the wrong way, or full of too many flavours to simply enjoy just one or two. She accepted her lunch on the floor, with a thanks to the servant, and then looked back to the Aes Sedai, wanting some answers and also to know why she was here.

At the direction to eat, Dinalinn did, it being a lesson of the desert; eat when you could, as you never knew when your next meal was coming. She sipped her tea, and looked back up at the woman explained while eating some of the bread. To hear that she had been able to fight the Compulsion was good, and to hear that it was rare was even more surprising. She could do something most others could not? She would not boast or crow over such things, she had more sense than pride now. She had forgotten her lunch and her growling stomach as the woman talked, offering to help her practise this newly discovered talent. It did not take Dianlinn long to think the offer over and she nodded her head to the woman. "Yes, I would like to practise this, Aes Sedai." She told her, as she shifted a little she remembered her lunch, and she picked up her bowl, and ate a few spoonfuls of the soup.

By the time she was finished the Aes Sedai was finishing too, and that was when she asked her name. Dianlinn didn't get up to salute, as she had been told to sit, by she pressed her fist to heart anyway, and bowed her head. "I am Ji'val Dianlinn of the Jagged Spire Sept of the Taardad Aiel, it is an honour to serve, Elara Sedai." She told the woman, before looking up and lowering her fist to cup of tea.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 25th, 2020, 9:50 pm

Elara Sedai
While she'd been speaking, Elara had barely been able to catch a glimpse of the Ji's hair, which made her feel rather as if she'd spent this entire time talking to herself. Frowning, the Brown sister stood and peered over the edge of her desk to find the woman sitting on the floor. Well! That's strange, she observed to herself. Returning to her chair, Elara finished her soup and pushed her dishes to the side of her desk for the servants to collect. She stood and pulled her chair away from the desk and towards the wall. The chair ended up in front of one of her many bookcases, a place from which Elara could actually see the seated Ji. The Aes Sedai sat back down, and once Dianlinn agreed to practice with her, Elara pounced.

She wove saidar into an intricate braid of delicate threads of Spirit, touched here and there with a bit of Air and Water. The weave, while not exactly encouraged in the Tower, was not forbidden as Compulsion was, since it could not force action from anyone. It could only attempt to persuade its target to an action, but the persuasive effect could be quite strong, and Elara had always been best with Spirit. Studying Dianlinn, the Aes Sedai already knew one thing she'd like to see the Ji do.

Elara laid the weave over the Aiel woman, all of her thoughts focused on the effect she desired of the weave. Sit in the chair....sit in the chair.....sit in the chair.... On almost anyone else, it would have worked almost immediately, but her ability to resist such weaves made Dianlinn's response much more difficult to predict. With her eyes half-closed, deep in concentration, Elara watched the woman on the floor, searching for even the smallest movement.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik