Did we just become best friends? [ATTN: Dreyric]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Did we just become best friends? [ATTN: Dreyric]

Post by Eve » November 15th, 2019, 7:26 am

As the noon bell rang, echoing through the Grey Tower and being repeated by other, smaller bells, the students of the Grey Tower swiftly filtered out towards the cafeteria. They didn’t run for the most part, unless they were very young or very new, but still they exited their class rooms, left their chores, or put up their training gear quickly, eager for the break. Zhen was no exception as he wiped sweat from his forehead and placed the wooden practice daggers back into their rack. Then he left the training yards and merged with the streams of trainees wanting food.

He stepped into the large, busy cafeteria along with many others. Instantly, he joined one of the lines to food. In this line was mostly the gray clad bodies of warders to be, but dotted here and there were the black outfits of aspiring Ashaman, and the white forms of women hoping to be Aes Sedai one day. Even now he couldn’t help but stare out of the corner of his eye at these people. To see, and to be so close, to those that could Channel was still so strange, and almost dazzling. It was like seeing royalty mixing with the commoner.

He turned his head as another black clad form passed him, and he blinked. “Dreyric.” He stated, not asking, and not shouting, His tone was more like that of a person uncertain whether or not they should approach to greet another. They had spoken quite in-depth once, before the Tower, but he hadn’t seen him again until this day. Would the man even want to associate with him, now that he was among his own people?
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Re: Did we just become best friends? [ATTN: Dreyric]

Post by -RJ- » November 15th, 2019, 7:14 pm

A pair of dark green eyes shifted up towards the ceiling in relief as the sound of the bell ringing throughout the Grey Tower could be heard. A sigh of relief left the owner of those dark green eyes. Finally! A break. He had been worked extra hard in this particular class for the last few days because he had a disagreement with the teacher four days ago. He had been right, he was still convinced of that, but that hadn't seemed to matter in this case, he'd gotten extra work on top of the extra work the others usually got because of it. It seemed very much like a punishment to him, even though the teacher called it something else. The slightly frustrated young man hurried out of the classroom, exchanging comments about the day's lesson with some of his classmates (and complaints about the teacher) as he went.

He entered the large room with the other students. He'd been amazed at the size of it when he'd first gotten here. This room itself was easily the size of a handful of common rooms at a normal sized inn. He nodded at a few of the figures in black he was acquainted with and smiled at a few that he had slowly started to become friends with. He bumped into a girl by mistake and got a rather pointed look when he attempted to smile at her as well. He chuckled to himself inwardly at that, as he was used to sometimes even more spirited responses from women when he did have interactions with them. He turned his head so he could see what they were going to have today. He planned on having as much as they let him, because he was extremely hungry after this morning.

He hurried past several forms as he thought about his lunch, but then one of those figures said his name. He stopped walking and looked for the source of that. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw whom was speaking and a large smile broke out on his face. "Zhenquin!" He said, loud enough for the whole room to hear if they were paying attention. "Of all the people to run into, I didn't expect I'd run into you here!" He said, rushing to him and almost knocking a few people over in the process, a section of his hair falling across his eyes. He didn't seem to notice this as he reached over to pat the other on the shoulder firmly once, if he allowed it. "How have you been?!" He asked, his eyes seeming to smile along with his lips.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 16th, 2019, 4:34 am

The last thing Zhenquan had expected was such a joyous reaction to their meeting again. He watched as the other young man came towards him, practically pushing people out of the way to get to him. Zhenquan was usually quiet out here in the outer country…but he was still a very young man, right on the cusp of adulthood, and he was by no means a hermit. The greeting caused him to grin before he even realized it, and he stood straighter as the other patted his shoulders. He touched his fingertips to that arm that was touching him, and his eyes seemed to glimmer with happiness. “I was wondering if you made it.” He said, seeming, for just a moment, almost shy. Still, it was good to be treated like a friend. He had spent many days with this other man, learning more about the world than he had so far. And to think, he could channel. That was still such a dizzying thought.

“I’m well.” He said, “I…I decided to come here after you told me about this place. It seemed so strange, so different from what I know. I wanted to learn more about it. When I arrived, I found out the best way for someone like me to get to know things was to join as a Warder in Training, so that is what I did.” He pointed to his bleak gray uniform for the first time with something close to pride. “It’s not easy, though…I thought life on a ship was hard work..” He blew out a noise and shook his head. “I’ve got aches that ache, I swear…” He looked at the other, noting his black uniform. “And you? It looks like you did as you said and joined as well.” He moved forward in the line as it advanced, and gestured for Dreyric to cut in front of him so they could talk. This was the closest to normal he had felt since leaving the ship.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 16th, 2019, 7:39 am

It was always a good thing, in Dreyric's point of view, to run into a person that he considered a friend, and he did think this of the other that he was now greeting. They had visited with one another for several days about a range of different subjects, though they tended to focus a lot on the Grey Tower, channeling, and what hopes he had for himself once he got there. He remembered asking Zhenquin about what his plans were, but judging from the responses he got, he hadn't thought his friend had really known where he would end up. So when he saw him here, it had taken him by surprise. He was glad to see him again though, it was always good to see a familiar face as far as he was concerned. "Yeah, I made it alright." He said in a somewhat wry tone of voice, as if he wasn't completely sure if that was good or bad, but either way, he was here now.

He nodded at what he was saying, and took more notice of his friend's uniform. He'd been so eager to go over and greet him that he hadn't really registered what Zhenquin's unform meant. "Yes, that is a good way to learn things. How's your training coming? I haven't gotten to train much with weapons yet myself, though I'd like to if and when I ever have time." He said, and then patted one of his elbows. "Once you get more used to the training, I'm sure you won't be as sore." He told him with a smile. He saw how he was motioning and did shift in front of him so they could chat easier without holding everyone else up. "Oh well enough. Every day is a new challenge." He said, chuckling slightly at this as he attempted to make light of the hideous workload he currently had.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 16th, 2019, 7:51 am

Zhen nodded at this. “Yea, I’ve heard that they keep the channelers mostly at their studies in the early days.” He said, walking with him now that the other was a part of the line. No one really said much, as friends met with friends here all the time. They moved forward, and he sighed. “I’m sure eventually I’ll have to.” He said with a chuckle. “But for now, every part of me aches…” He shrugged. “The only good this about this is that I am already used to rising before dawn for hard work. Oh! And I still get to work with my dogs! They’re in the kennels, but they’re real happy there. I go to see them at the end of most days, take them out, exercise them, then feed and water them and put them back into the yard. They’re finally starting to put on some real muscle!” He actually felt gratitude to Dreyric for helping him save his dogs after they had gotten into trouble.

He listened to the other then, nodding his head and laughing. “Yea, that it is. And I bet you’re learning a whole lot with…with you know…Channeling.” He still seemed to feel quite a bit of awe over the fact that the other could channel, and he felt a little odd when referring to it. In his homeland, he would have never known Dreyric. No one would have. He would have been picked up young and used for breeding, and then sent away into ‘retirement’. And yet, here he was, talking with him as if he was a normal person. It was strange…but it was also good, and he found himself smiling widely as they chattered.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 16th, 2019, 9:00 pm

He was completely correct when he said that statement, something he was rapidly learning the more time he spent here. At times he was sure he was going to go stir crazy, but he was told again and again that he needed the studies, especially with his situation. He walked slowly as he glanced backwards, most of his attention on his friend for the time being. He nodded at his words. "Conditioning isn't easy. Maybe one day I can skip out classes and come to keep you company when you're going through your routines." He said with a half chuckle. There was something wistful about his words, as if he knew that this wasn't very likely to actually happen, even if he wished it could. He was much more used to things like that, and at least sword forms made sense. He still didn't know about all of this channeling business. The brightness seemed to return to his eyes when he mentioned that he still could have something to do with those dogs. "Wonderful! If I ever get any spare time I want to see them!" He said, as he'd enjoyed those dogs as well. He liked animals and had been angered when he had seen them being mistreated.

He looked a little more sober when Zhenquin mentioned channeling. He noticed the way he said that word, though that was not much different from when they first met, he'd talked about channeling as if it was something mythical. He didn't know a lot about the other's homeland, no one really did, and he hadn't asked for many details as he hadn't seemed forthcoming about it. "Well, right now we're trying to build a foundation." He said, talking in a monotone and it was pretty obvious he was likely mimicking someone he probably didn't exactly care for. He snorted and smirked, shrugging his shoulders. He'd get through it, he was confident enough about that. "You learn any interesting forms yet?" He asked as they moved closer to the food.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 16th, 2019, 9:48 pm

Zhen looked quite happy as he talked about the dogs. He moved up on the line, and now they were able to receive their trays. “Well,” he said. “If we scarf our food fast, we can go while the lunch hour is still up. Other than at the end of the day, I sometimes have time to visit the after lunch. Besides, you can come with me at the end of days if you want. I’ve taught them a lot more commands. We’ve gotten a lot of verbal commands down, and now we’re working on hand signals.” He beamed at this. “I’ve been told that if I train them right, I can use them in my Warder duties! I’ve been studying a lot on it, and even checked out a couple of books from the library.”

He lifted the tray he had been given and turned towards a table. Spying a few empty seats, he moved towards it. A Drin that he had gotten to know waved at him, and he waved back but shook his head. He sat down, looking at Dreyic. “Nothing too complicated.” He said with a sigh. “At the moment we’re learning basic strike and parry techniques, now to stand, how to take a blow. Things like that. I might need to do a bit of unarmed training, cuz Light but that foot stance can mess me up.”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 17th, 2019, 2:57 am

Dreyric followed, picking up a tray and he paused for a moment, attempting to get more food then he had been given. He smiled and seemed to be attempting to charm the individual giving out the trays and looked very pleased when it seemed to have worked and he got a heaping helping. He carried his tray along when he listened to what his friend had to say about his dogs. "Believe me, I can eat fast." He said, and he indeed could, especially when he was that famished. "So I can accompany you before the lunch hour is up." That way at least he would get to go. He'd been having to spend almost all of his nights reading or practicing, though he did not feel he was making the progress he wanted to yet. "That's great! We had a pair of dogs that my Father trained and I swear, they were more well behaved then some people."

He followed Zhen now and saw where he was going. He sat down next to him when the other looked up at him. He was silent for a few minutes as he tried his lunch. Not the most flavorful in the world, but it was good enough for him. He listened to Zhen at the same time and nodded at this. "My uncles taught me a little, but not enough for it to be considered formal training. Do they make you practice a lot?" He imagined with his kind of training, they would, but it was always better to hear something from the source rather than just assume.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 17th, 2019, 5:42 am

Zhen seemed excited when the other said he could eat quickly and come with him to see the dogs. He loved his dogs, and he liked it when others enjoyed them, too. He sat down, shaking his head with a smile at the fact that Dreyric had managed to get extra food. “I’m going to have to try that sometime.” He said, nodding at his place. Then he started eating, and with a vengeance. “Yea, I have three practice classes a day. One in the daggers, one in hand to hand, and one where I’m suppose to excersise. The rest of my day is taken up by strategy and the like. Boy… I though this was going to be easy.” He shook his head. “It’s like they’re trying to make each and every one of us not just a solider, but a general.

“And then there’s the Channeler stuff. We’re supposed to each, eventually, find a Channeler that we can devote our life to. Not just during the day, but every moment. We’re lectured about eating, sleeping, and dreaming about giving our lives to, and possibly for, our bondmate. It’s…well it’s pretty nuts.” He scarfed his food fast, drinking to get it down so that he could run to the kennels as fast as he could. “Do you get that sort of thing on your side?”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 18th, 2019, 3:45 am

"It's much easier here then it is back home." Dreyric said with a chuckle. There were some strict lasses here too, but he far as he'd seen so far not as many as there had been there. He was quiet as he continued to eat now, finishing about half of his food already and he started on the second half as he listened to his friend talk about his training. He listened closely and not for the first time, wished that he could have entered that kind of training instead of what he was in. He understood why the people in his town thought the way they did about him after they found out he could channel, he may have thought the same thing if this would have happened to someone else. These were not things he had told anyone though, and didn't plan on doing so. Once he could get control of this 'gift' of his, his opinion of it would change, at least, he hoped.

He took a few more big bites of his food and then gulped down his water, finishing his food entirely after he'd done that. "Yes, there has been some mention of that." He said, and a thoughtful but slightly troubled look moved over his features. "It is very strange, and a mindset I'm not really able to quite get in yet." He shrugged and grinned, looking as happy then as he'd had when he saw Zhenquin again. "But we're both beginners, I doubt anyone expects either of us to understand yet. All done?" He asked him, pushing his plate away.
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik