Did we just become best friends? [ATTN: Dreyric]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Re: Did we just become best friends? [ATTN: Dreyric]

Post by Eve » November 18th, 2019, 3:54 am

“It’s a lot different here then it is back home…” he said, “But I don’t know about easier… There’s just different stuff I have to do. At least I was already in shape…” he shook his head. He was used to hefting and carrying bolts of fabric that sometimes weighed a hundred pounds. He had walked across a lot of the continent with his dogs. He had climbed ship masts and lugged rope in a storm. He had not been weak. This training was still leaving him exhausted every night. It was a good exhausted, however. “It’s less pure strength and more technique training. I’m not just lifting heavy things, but moving at certain speeds, with certain strength. It’s as much about restraint as it is force.” He shook his head.

He nodded at the other’s thoughts on the whole bonding thing. “Yea… It was something I never even heard about until coming here…” He snorted and nodded his head. “Thankfully, this is true. Maybe in time I will understand it, but right now I do not.” He pushed his plate away a moment later and stretched. “Ready.” He said, putting his dishes on the tray and gathering his napkins. He stood to take the trays to the cleaning crew, dropping them in the specific place, before looking at Dreyric. When he had done the same, he left the cafeteria and took a left down the path. He headed towards the training yards, and once inside took a right towards the edge of them, right near the wall that surrounded the Grey Tower. That was where they found the Kennels.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Post by -RJ- » November 19th, 2019, 6:44 am

Dreyric nodded as he listened to these words. "It helps a lot that you were already conditioned. I've talked to a few men that weren't before they came here and they seem to be in a world of hurt every day." He said, wondering if he was really so envious of the Warders in training or not. "Yes, there are so many techniques to learn, and once you learn them, you're gonna have to practice a lot if you want to master them. "Is there any form of combat that you've been introduced to so far that you prefer over the others?" He wondered. He would probably have to learn all of them, but he was still curious as to what he thought. "Yeah, I understand that, and it's timing too. You gotta learn when it's better to act and how to act when it is better to." He said.

"I heard about it in legends and things like that, but I would have never ever thought that I would be speaking of it like something that might at some time, happen to me. I would have called anyone that would have claimed that not in their right mind. The people of my town, once they learned what I could do.. most were afraid of me." He said, saying this quietly so it wouldn't get overheard by anyone else. He got up and followed his friend, taking his tray and putting it in the same area. He followed close behind Zhen now, glancing from the left to the right before he took the same path as he did. "Here we are! I think.." He said with a chuckle as they reached the Kennels.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 19th, 2019, 6:56 am

“So far I still like the daggers.” He said, gesturing to the two he carried on his hips; the same he had carried when they first met. One was a little bigger than the other, but not by very much. “Unarmed is interesting, too. I’m learning a little staff and a little sword…but I haven’t shown much promise with them yet.” He shrugged when he said this. It would take time, he guessed. He nodded to the other’s words, figuring that would be taught to him, too.

When they reached the Kennels, he grinned widely. Stepping up to the door, he nodded at the Ji that was running the Kennel today. The young woman smiled and waved, used to his presence during this time of day. He went inside. “Hammer? Fletch?” he called, grinning when he saw the pair. Hammer, the large and muscular male with a dusky coat and ears folded over his head, sat near the front with his chest puffed out to show the white stripe that went from his neck to beneath his stomach. Fletch, the more slender brendal female, sat close. She was almost as still as Hammer, but the wagging of her tail showed how excited she was to see them. Their eyes pinned on Dreyric for a moment, and Zhen said. “Friend. Calm.” And they looked back at him. He opened the door them, and they stepped out. Fletch gave a yip, but Hammer came straight to his side. He stroked both of their heads. “I’ve got them pretty trained with commands. And I’ve been working on silent hand signals. It’s going good, but slowly.” He gestured for Dreyric to follow as he led the dogs out into the hard to stretch their legs.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 20th, 2019, 6:36 am

Dreyric nodded at this. He glanced at the daggers the other carried as well, remembering seeing them before. "Maybe one day we could have a little practice spar with the swords. I'm not that good with a sword, but I used to practice with one daily, so perhaps I could be of help there? Though you might be so sick of practicing you might not want to do it in your off hours. That's up to you." He said with a smile as he followed him along.

Dreyric was quiet then, acknowledging the young woman that was there with that same friendly smile he'd had before. He went along inside as well, peering around as Zhen called the names of the dogs. "Hey you two, it's been a while!" He said, making his voice a little quieter on purpose so he wouldn't startle them by shouting, especially since he wasn't that familiar to the dogs. He stood there as the door opened, and then he held out one of his hands, offering it for examination of either of them would want anything to do with him. He nodded at what he said then. "It's good to see them. I'm pleased with the idea that they let you keep them." He said, following him out to the yard.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 20th, 2019, 6:49 am

He smiled when the other offered to spar with him. “Actually,” he said. “I can probably get you in during training hours for an official spar.” He said, nodding his head. “And it might even get you out of class.” He winked at this, and then grinned. “But yea, that sounds like a really cool idea. I don’t know if sword is gonna be for me, but I still gotta give it my all.”

Zhen nodded to the dogs. “Relax.” He said, and made a signal with his hands of a closed fist opening. Instantly, Fletch gave another yip and trotted over to Dreyric to scent him, wagging her tail happily. Hammer walked up more slowly, always the more serious of the two. He waited while Fletch danced around Dreyric, seeming to be happy to be reunited. Once she moved back a little, Hammer walked up, sniffed Dreyric’s hands and then, with the strict and serious nature of an older instructor, put his great head beneath Dreyric’s hand in a command to pet him. He held it still, looing up into Dreyric’s eyes as he wanted for his command to be followed. Zhen laughed at this, shaking his head at Hammer. “They remember you, alright.” He said, his eyes dancing. “And they remember you happily, it seems.”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 20th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Dreyric stopped for a moment at the offer his friend made him. He looked like he was in disbelief, and then that smile seemed to brighten a few degrees. Not only would he be able to work with a sword again, he might even be able to get out of class for it? "You, Zhen, are a blessing from the Light itself. I would like that a lot!" He said, and then chuckled when he winked at him. "Some of those classes are so boring, and I swear, I think some of those instructors enjoy being as obtuse as they can be." He whispered to him as he started walking again.

Dreyric watched with delight when Fletch approached him and continued to wag her tail. He reached out to slowly pet her head and then her back as she seemed to be receptive about him being present here and judging from her reaction, seemed even pleased about it. When she moved back, Hammer approached and began sniffing at his offered hand. Then that head came under his hand and he continued to smile, rubbing Hammer's head and even itching a little behind one of his ears. "I was hoping so. They always were good dogs." He said, nodding. "Nothing wrong with a bit of exuberance, especially when they learn how to control it." He said, watching Hammer now, dropping down on one knee to be able to look more so into his eyes for a moment and then he also looked over at Fletch, and clapped his hands happily.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 21st, 2019, 6:34 am

Zhen smiled broadly at his friend. “That is a good thing about you being a soldier, instead of a Novice. They seem to prize training more, and so these things can sometimes be arranged. And I bet that the better you get the more often they’ll allow it. They have a couple of Dedicated that have practice time there every day. It’s just a part of their schedule.” He patted the daggers on his hips. “As for me, I would like to get better with these. They’re faster, and your sword would do nothing if I get inside your reach.”

He watched as Dreyric interacted with the dogs with a large smile on his face. He liked how they all seemed to get along, and how even Hammer liked the other male. Hammer was so serious he usually didn’t approach other people. Hammer closed his eyes and gave a happy ‘huff’ sound that blew out his cheeks a little bit as his ears were fondled. Zhen laughed at this. “Alright you three. Hammer and Fletch needs to exercise and practice. You wanna help, Dreyric?”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 24th, 2019, 7:27 am

It would be nice if that could become part of his schedule at some point. Just studying frustrated him, especially since it was so hard for him to reach saidin. He needed some training sessions to help balance it out. Perhaps once he was able to get over whatever this was in his head, he would be able to embrace studying and practicing with saidin. He turned his head and nodded as he patted his hips like that. "I'm sure you will eventually, and hopefully by then I'll get better with the sword so I can fend you off in practice sessions." He said, sounding half like he was teasing, and half like he might not be.

"Of course I want to help!" Dreyric responded with a smile, moving now to fall in step with the dogs once he got up. "You let them run around, right? What else do you do to practice with them?" He asked now, his hair shifting a little behind him as he moved, glad to be able to do so, it was helping him get out some of his nervous energy that he'd built up in class over the past few days.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 25th, 2019, 4:49 am

He smiled brightly when the other responded this way. “Well…at the moment we’re practicing silent commands.” He said. “They know a list of commands already, but they need to learn the hand signals for them. Eventually, I want to be able to instruct them without needing to use many words at all.” He looked at the other. “We can start simple today, and you can take Hammer, as he’s more serious. Start like this.” He moved to stand in front of Fletch, who was wagging her tail. He waited, making no sound until she finally looked at him. Lifting his hand at the elbow he pointed at his eye, and then at her. She cocked her head and barked, understanding, but refusing the signal. He sighed. “That’s the signal for ‘look at me’.” He told the other. “It identifies you as the one that’s going to give the commands. They know you, and I’m here, or else they wouldn’t listen to you at all. Here, take these.” He handed Dreyric a bag with a few pieces of jerky in it. “It’s for treats, but only if they complete the command. And if they rush to get it they can’t have it. The look at me command doesn’t get a treat.”

He repeated it and, now that Fletch knew he had the treats, she honed in on him. Her tail went up and so did her ears. “This is the commands for s-i-t.” he said, spelling it out so that Fletch wouldn’t know what he was saying. He held his hand at the waist, palm back and hand upon. Lifting his hand at the elbow, he rotated his wrist and made a fist as he moved, so that it was eventually at his shoulder, knuckles out. Fletch cocked her head again, and then slowly sat as if unsure. He beamed and gave her a piece of jerky as she sat before him.

He went on with his hand outstretched at his waist and brought it straight up over his head. Fletch instantly laid down, liking that command quite a bit. He smiled and gave her another small piece of jerky. Then he looked at Dreyric. “You want to try those so far?”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 26th, 2019, 2:38 am

The dogs he had grown up with were already trained, so he didn't know the details of training. This was quite interesting to him and he listened attentively when he said that they were practicing silent commands. "So to get them to learn the commands verbally, you just repeat them to them, is that right?" He asked as he spoke about them learning hand signals. "He is, he looks more serious then I do." He said with a slight chuckle now as his eyes shifted to the male dog now. He walked up to him and stood in front of him and then mimicked the gesture that Zhen did, lifting his hand and pointing to his eye, practicing it so he would get it right once he tried to do it seriously. Then the bag of jerky was being offered to him and he reached out and took it, nodding at the directions. So they only got it if they completed a command in a normal, not rushed manner.

He watched him, nodding again when he repeated the command for sit. He watched with a slight smile, seeing that she did sit after a moment and she got a treat. Then she rolled over as he made another hand gesture and his smile brightened slightly. He wanted to pet her to congratulate her, but he doubted if that was really the correct way to train, so he managed to keep still, even if he didn't really feel like it.

"I do." He replied now and then he turned to Hammer and lifted his hand, pointed at his eye and then at Hammer. He put his hand down with his palm back and then he turned his wrist and made a fist, trying to do it like Zhen did it, though he wasn't sure if he did it exactly right or not. He continued looking at Hammer as he waited to see how the dog would respond.
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik