A Lunch To Share

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Re: A Lunch To Share

Post by Lou » January 23rd, 2020, 12:53 pm

His question about how long she had been cooking for made her grin slightly, and she shrugged her shoulder. "I guess since I was old enough not to burn myself." She told him, "It was either I help Mama with the cooking, or I had to fetch firewood. And not like that isn't fun from time to time, but I usually picked the cooking part. And soon I was cooking while my Mama could sit back and focus on something else." She remembered feeling so proud when she had been allowed to cook unaided, and she had loved the praise she had received for the meal. It was such a small thing compared to all this here at the White Tower, but still it was a good memory and one she would keep hold of.

The look on his face when she said she was sure he could make something before offering to help him, made her giggle softly. She finished up the roll in her hand as she listened to him accept her offer of help, and to his talk of wanting to know how to look after himself once he was an Asha'man. She nodded her head, that was a good that he was thinking along those lines. They had been told it would not always be palaces and noble residences, and all should know how to survive if they had to spend a few days in the wilderness. Especially if one did not have a Gaidin at your side. "That is a good way of thinking, I am sure not all our fellow Learning Ranks do."

She was interested to know what he had thought Tuatha'an all looked like, but he was vague and just laughed as he claimed not like her. She was sure it was a compliment, and not meant any other way. But she was still amazed that someone had not turned away from her, scared she was going to try and steal something. When he spoke of her old clothing, she grinned a little and nodded her head. "My favourite outfit was my yellow blouse with flowers sewn onto it, and a long swishy green skirt with ivy patterns." She grinned a little more, "I know how people feel about our clothes, but they were fun and make us happy." She looked down at the snowy white dress and sighed. "I do find this to be amazingly dull, and very hard to keep clean. At least you got lucky with the black."

Tala nodded her head as he spoke of the Pattern having directed his course, she could understand that. You had to put your trust in the Pattern also, one just did not have to be happy about it, but things happened for a reason. When he turned her question back on her, she licked her lip and looked down at the last bit of sweet bread in her hand, losing her appetite, and instead offering it out to Dreyric to finish. "Well, it starts with a girl breaking the rules to save a life, and ends up with the girl being picked up by an Aes Sedai and brought here." She told him, knowing she was being vague, but that was unfair. He had been honest with her.

"One afternoon, as we were getting ready for supper, our Camp was attacked by drunken men from the near by village. There was a scuffle, and I picked up a long sword and moved to protect a young boy, called Seann, and ended up stabbing the attacking man." She drew in a deep breath, it was still was hard to talk about this. "As you know, we follow the Way of the Leaf, to do no harm to a living soul. And the one thing that they can not forgive, and I named Lost, and left in the next town." She licked her lips, fighting back tears, her eyes shiny with the unshed tears. "I worked at a tavern to live, bearly doing so, until an Aes Sadai told me I was going to the Grey Tower." She finished up, her arms moving around her middle. She was feeling she should go, that he would definitely not want to be sitting with a girl who had killed someone.

"I should go..." she said then, and began to pack the small basket up.
Image Image Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Post by -RJ- » February 19th, 2020, 1:04 am

"Were there any other siblings to help your Mama out or was there just you?" Dreyric wondered after listening to Talaitha answer his question. He nodded at her next words. "I don't blame you, and it probably pleased your Mama too, when you did the cooking, right?" He asked, his lips upturning in an easy smile. It seemed that was an expression that came easily to him. Personally he would have probably chosen to fetch firewood most of the time, and when he was young he did do a lot of work outside, because he didn't have a whole lot of skills when it came to cooking, but he didn't mention that at the moment.

That giggling made his smile widen slightly and he leaned towards her a little as he watched her nod in agreement to what he said. He didn't really have an idea about what might one day be facing him, but he already had the idea that it might not be easy, and what he'd been being told in class helpedhim cement that opinion. "Well, I'm sure they will eventually once they get a little experience." He responded now, giving a slight chuckle of his own.

He was aware of what many of the townspeople from his home town thought about Tinkers and when he was younger had wondered if those things were true, but as he'd gotten a little older, he wasn't sure of the truth of those rumors. How could a whole group of people be good for nothing thieves? He had found himself doubting it before even meeting this young woman. "That sounds a lot more interesting then your current dress. Not to say you don't look good in what you're wearing, but I'll admit, my favorite color is green, and I think you'd look very nice in bright colors." He said then.

He noticed then the way she licked her lip and proceeded to offer what was in her hand to him instead of finishing it off herself. He was about to ask if he had pried too far just when she started talking. She told what seemed to him like a mini-story and he tossed the last bit of sweet bread in his mouth as it was far too good to waste. He swallowed the bread and readied himself to respond. He held up a hand and said, "You don't have to say any more if you don't want to." He started with, looking at her.

She did go on though, and he quickly began to understand why doing so was upsetting to her. His eyes went a wide as she told the expanded form of the story. He was quiet, watching the way her eyes began to shine, and it wasn't from happiness, that much he could guess. "If you wouldn't have defended that young boy, then he would have been really hurt or possibly even killed. So you broke a big rule yes, but if you wouldn't have, then what would have happened? "Well, if you need to go, that's fine, but can I give you something first?" He asked, helping her by putting some of the items in the basket too.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » February 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm

Tala felt relaxed talking with Dreyric, he was charming and sweet, but not as arrogant as some of the others she had seen take the black. She had learned that arrogance came with having to control Saidin, where as women surrendered to Saidar and flowed with the flow of the magic. But none of that seemed to have touched him yet, and she was glad to know him like this, before Saidin changed him. And maybe before Saidar changed her. She also found talking of her family easy, seeing none of the normal judgements that most people thought about the Tuatha'an, everyone thought they knew it all, but truly none knew anything. And many did not wish to learn either.

"I have an older brother, Kaelan, he wants to be a Mhadi, a Seeker like my Father and continue to look for the lost song." She told him, not sure if he understood, but then many did not and that was fine. Not all Tuatha'an did, though they knew they searched, and wandered the land, bound to living like nomads until the lost song was with them once again. "He used to be fun, but not long before I was cast out he became more serious." She said without thinking, as she played with her food a little, wishing that she could scent the wood smoke from the fire that they cooked upon. "I a sure my Mother did, though she liked to tease me for being underfoot sometimes." She smiled fondly to think of her Mothers beautiful face, her ravenwing black hair hanging down her back in gentle waves.

His comment about her dress, and liking to see her in her old style colours made her blush, and she nodded her head to him slowly. "I always loved green, that shade of new leaves in the fresh spring air. My Mum used to have a shawl in that colour, I guess she still does." She added wistfully, and then looked back to Dreyric with a flight flush on her cheeks. He kept making her do that.

They began to share their stories of their past, and she knew he would not push her, she could feel that about him. But the Aes Sedai claimed that the more she spoke of it, the better it would get. And she hoped that was true. She also did not see Dreyric as someone who would gossip about her, but she had been wrong in the past. She told him everything, working hard to stop any tears that wanted to fall at the telling. He seemed to understand, and she nodded her head slightly, though she did not meet his eyes. Though she began to clear up the plates, and he was son helping, and asking if he could give her something.

She paused and looked up into his eyes finally, her own misty with moisture. "Give me something? Um... alright?"
Image Image Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » March 5th, 2020, 11:50 pm

She started talking about her family and Dreyric listened patiently. He didn't really understand what she was talking about when she mentioned a title as she suspected he might not, but he still seemed to not mind listening to it. "So is there only one song that's missing?" Usually he would have kept his mouth shut verses asking a question like that because it probably sounded stupid, but he felt relaxed enough around Talaitha that he suspected that she wouldn't be angered by the question. "Mothers can be like that, though mine tended like to like to make sure that I was doing what she told me to do." He said with a fond look in his eyes. His mother had tended to yell at him a lot, but that wasn't unusual in his household or his home town.

"You're not allowed to wear any colors right now, are you?" He wondered now. It was the same for him, though with black, so he would assume that that was true for the women, too. She then spoke of a shawl that her Mother probably still had. He found himself thinking about what she might look like wearing a shawl that color. He then noticed that her cheeks were pink once again and his made him smile. So far he had to say, the girls he had spoken to here weren't as apt to bite his head off as they had been back home.

That was quite a story, and he could understand why she would be hesitant to share it. He didn't think she had done wrong either, but he hadn't been brought up in the same society as she, and his values were different. If they really believed in no violence, then this was a bad situation indeed. To just suddenly have to be separated from her family though, he felt for her, he really did, and it showed in his eyes and his expression for a moment.

"Just a minute!" He called, and then he moved over to the area he'd planned on doing his experiment before he had smelled her food and went to seek it out. He knelt down and closed his eyes for a second, concentrating now as he laid his hands on the small buds on the ground. He rubbed them and ran his fingers over them, whispering under his breath, and one would be able to see the flowers bursting then from the buds, as if he had called them out. He then took his hands away and opened his eyes, looking in delight down at what had happened. He plucked a few of these flowers, a purple and a yellow one and went to hand them to her. "For your hair, then you can have a little color in your day." He said with a smile.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » March 15th, 2020, 12:06 pm

Image Dreyric's question about the Song made her pause, she forgot that most people knew so little about the Tuatha'an, except the wild rumours that they made up for themselves. She wondered if she could change that, once she was Aes Sedai, could she go from nation to nation and made them understand that her former people were not thieves and children stealers. She licked her lower lip slowly as thought best how to explain it. "The Song, it is the memory of the old days, of better days. It is only one Song, but the Song is what we strive for. And we will know it when we find it." She paused then, her eyes looking down. "They will know it, not we. They." She amended, knowing that she was not really Tuatha'an anymore, she was bound to the Grey Tower now.

When he asked if she could wear any colours, she nodded her head. "No, the only colour I will ever see if the bands on the Accepted dress, if I ever make it that far." She told him, seeing the stark difference between them, her in white and him in black. She guessed it was this way for them to try to keep distractions from their minds. Though some Novices were constantly distracted, and usually by what was going on in the Warders Yards.

She told him her story, and found she did not want to look into his eyes and see her shame reflected back at her. She tried to leave but he asked her to wait, and she paused, watching as he laid his hands down on the ground and coaxed flowers to grow. She looked around, and noticed that no one was close enough to notice him doing that, she did not want him to get in trouble for chanelling without a Dedicated present. But her worry faded as he gave her a yellow flower and purple flower. She felt her eyes misting again, and she gave him a sad little smile.

"Thank you Dreyric, that is..." she paused, "That is really very kind of you." She smiled to him, and before she knew what she was doing she had leaned up on her toes and kissed his cheek. It was just a very quick peck on the cheek, but still, she was blushing again as she drew back. "I should go." She turned, before looking back over her shoulder. "I hope to see you again soon." She told him, before she was moving back to the Tower Kitchens, to return the basket.
Image Image Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » May 11th, 2020, 7:13 am

Dreyric noticed the way Tala looked around, and he suspected it was because of what he was doing with the flowers. This was unauthorized, and surely a form of channeling. At least, he thought it was, but at the same time, it wasn't the same as what he did when he managed to work through the block he seemed to have. He had thought there was just channeling, and nothing else, but it almost seemed like this was a different form of it. He didn't exactly understand it yet, but he planned on asking questions about it so perhaps he could work with it so eventually he could coax plants into doing even more amazing things.

"You're very welcome, Talaitha." He replied, having really wanted to just make her feel better, at least by some degree. It was obvious that she was upset, and he couldn't blame her after she had recalled such an upsetting tale. Really, some of it was his fault he figured, since he had asked her to tell him about it. "They'll look nice on you." He told her than, sending her a slight smile, hoping that this lifted her spirits. Then she moved up onto her tiptoes and he felt a quick touch of her lips upon his cheek. His own cheeks slowly turned a light pink and he nodded at this. "You will, don't worry!" He called, lifting a hand to wave at her as she moved away. After he watched her leave, he shook his head at himself and then turned to head back himself as he contemplated what had just happened.
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik