More News, Less Soup [Attn: Novice Amaranie Tice]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

More News, Less Soup [Attn: Novice Amaranie Tice]

Post by Bella » February 1st, 2018, 12:28 am

With a little bit of investigation, Isla was able to discover the location of Novice Amaranie Tice.

Throughout their time as Novices together, the pair had met on several occasions since the unfortunate soup incident and Isla had come to look on the other girl as a friend. She had yet to reveal certain darker aspects of herself, since they weren't quite that close, but she still looked forward to seeing Amaranie again.

Hence, why she was looking for her now.

Isla hadn't seen the other girl since Isla had passed through the Arches, so she didn't even know if Amaranie knew that she had done so and become an Accepted. She was a little hesitant to share the news, but knew it had to happen sooner or later.

Walking into the library, Isla moved through the corridors and around the many, many tables and chairs that inhabited the wealth of open areas between the stacks. At one such table, she found Amaranie. Biting the inside of her lips with her own nerves, she approached, but a little slow in her own timidity.

"Amaranie?" she said quietly.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: More News, Less Soup [Attn: Novice Amaranie Tice]

Post by Alianora » February 1st, 2018, 11:05 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie's dark brown ponytail dangled over the front of her left shoulder while the novice bent her head over the book she was reading. It was a rather dull book on Andoran history, and it wasn't hard for Amaranie to become distracted by the voice calling her name. Isla? She hadn't seen the other girl for a while, and life as a novice just didn't leave much time in which to seek out her friend. Amaranie closed the book, marking her place, and looked up to meet Isla's eyes. "Is-" she began with a smile, but abruptly cut herself off when she noticed the stripes marking the other girl's dress and the gold ring on her finger. Accepted. Amaranie knew the rules about showing respect to the Accepted, but she didn't know how to apply them when the Accepted was a friend, or had been a friend. Should she stand? Should she curtsy? The novice debated these questions with herself, finally settling on looking away and lowering her head, no longer smiling.

"Congratulations....Accepted," she said, not even sure if the other woman would take offense to being addressed by her own name. Her voice sounded as uncertain as Amaranie felt. She knew she should be happy for her friend, but what Amaranie felt was sadness, and a sense of loss. Accepted did not have friends among the novices, and she knew now why it had been some time since she'd seen Isla. Most likely, Isla was only here to let her know that they couldn't be friends again until Amaranie, too, was one of the Accepted, something she still wasn't sure she even wanted. She told Isla as much with her head still down. "I suppose you're here to remind me that we can't be friends now," she said sadly.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 4th, 2018, 2:48 am

"Certainly not," Isla said with more heat than she'd intended.

She had been fearful of a reaction like this, but it had still stung when she received it. Amaranie might as well have slapped her straight across the face, and she wouldn't have resisted. The change in rank felt more like chains in that moment, even though it technically came with more freedom than being a Novice had.

Hurrying the few steps between them, she sat across the table from the other girl. "Please look at me," she said with a soft, almost pleading tone to her voice. "I'm the same girl."

Isla bit her lip, brows knitting together. "I don't have many friends, and I refuse to let something like this dress come between me and the ones I have. I simply don't care about that, and if they want to punish me for it, fine. If there is truly a rule against it, it's a dumb one." She surprised herself with her own emotional reaction, but there it was.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 6th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie flinched at the tone of Isla's voice, but was quick to relax once she actually considered the words. By the time Isla sat down across from her, the smile was back on the novice's face. "I don't think it's actually a rule," she said, though she knew that she could easily be wrong about that. "It's just that....most of the Accepted I know are so.....cold." That might not be quite the word she wanted, but Amaranie wasn't quite sure how to explain it. Even the few Accepted she knew who had once been in white beside her now regarded her as little more than a speck of dust beneath their feet, and she had expected the same from Isla.

"I do still want to be friends," she said, as much to remind herself as to reassure the other girl. "If you truly don't mind being seen with a novice, that is." She was well aware that she was nowhere near ready for the higher rank, even if she'd wanted it. She looked slightly away from Isla as she thought about it. She did fine in her classes, even the channeling ones. Light help her, Amaranie had actually found that she enjoyed it, most of the time. But did she want to be an Aes Sedai? That was a question the novice had no answer to, and she found herself wondering how Isla had come to decide that, sure that her friend must have in order to be raised. She thought it would be rude to ask, however, so she didn't, instead looking back at Isla but remaining quiet, not sure what else to say.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 9th, 2018, 11:42 pm

"They are, aren't they?" Isla said with a faint smile. She had much of the same experiences with the Accepted, except for the one in the loft...but then, Isla had been terrified out of her mind and unsure how well she even remembered that incident. It felt like such a very long time ago now...

She took a long breath. "I don't intend to be like that," she declared. "I'm no better than anyone else, and I don't intend to act like I am." This, she said with resolution.

Isla smiled a little at her friend. "And I don't mind being seen with a Novice. What care have I? Whoever would judge me for it is not my friend, and thus, I don't care what they say." Of course, that wasn't entirely true. She did care what they might say about other things, like her history, but not about this.

"I just hope you won't look at my differently for it," she admitted.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 10th, 2018, 10:47 pm

Amaranie
As Isla spoke, it became clear to Amaranie that her friend truly had not changed, regardless of the dress and the ring that she wore. She let herself relax, forgetting Isla's new rank, seeing only the girl who had been her friend since shortly after both had arrived at the Tower. She shook her head at Isla's comment. "You haven't changed at all," she said,"and I was so afraid that you would. If you don't care, then I don't either. I truly am happy for you, Isla."

Amaranie meant every word that she'd just said, but something was still nagging at her that she couldn't quite identify. Perhaps it was the apparent ease with which Isla seemed to have taken to her new role, or possibly, it was the confidence her friend appeared to have, a trait Amaranie did not share. Whatever it was, it struck Amaranie that Isla truly belonged here, and with that thought, she couldn't help but envy her friend, just a little. While she thought, she'd studied the desktop, but she lifted her eyes to look into Isla's again. "Isla?" she said hesitantly, hoping she wasn't about to make a terrible mistake and seriously offend the Accepted. "Do you....want to be Aes Sedai?"

Bella

Post by Bella » February 13th, 2018, 10:34 pm

There it was. The Question.

Sitting across from Amaranie, Isla laced her fingers together on the table in front of her and she peered at them. She studied them with seeming preternatural intensity, and enough to make anyone wonder just what in the world she thought she would find about her hands that she didn't already know?

Isla sighed a little. "You want to know the truth?" she said, lifting just her eyes. At Amaranie's small nod, she went on. "I don't know."

After that, she smiled weakly and shook her head. "It feels like it depends on the moment I ask myself the question. Some moments, I would say yes. And yet other moments, I would say no. I spent sixteen years of my life believing that this place, these men and these women, were nothing more than evil. They were the Shadow's acolytes."

She looked around her now and shook her head slowly. "I've learned otherwise since I got here, but there are too many times that I can't get rid of the sixteen years before." She paused. Her voice lowered, almost as if she spoke just for herself but it was loud enough to be heard. "To rid myself of my father's voice in my head..."

There was a long moment of silence between she turned back to Amaranie, her eyes glistening slightly as she smiled sadly. "So I don't know what I truly want any more, even now. And yet, I don't know that I have anywhere else to go, or anything else I can be."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 15th, 2018, 1:18 am

Amaranie
Amaranie nodded. "I don't know where else I could go, either," she admitted. "I mean, I could always find work, somewhere, if I wanted......but I don't think I do." The novice sighed and rested her head in her hands. The problem was, she had no idea what she wanted anymore. She had hoped it would be different for Isla, now that her friend was one of the Accepted, but it seemed that she still faced the same struggles that Amaranie did. "I try to imagine staying here though, being an Aes Sedai, and I just can't see it. I...like.....channeling," she continued, a fact that still surprised her, "but I can't stop thinking that it's wrong, an offense against the Light as I was taught, and I don't know if I'll ever stop thinking so."

She stopped talking and looked more closely at Isla, noticing the other girl's sadness for the first time. "I'm sorry, Isla! You didn't have to answer me," she said, already regretting having asked the question. She'd known when she asked that it might be a difficult question for Isla to answer, and had hoped her friend would simply refuse to answer if she didn't want to share. Amaranie lifted her head from her hands, folding her hands on top of the table. "I didn't mean to upset you," she said sadly.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 20th, 2018, 1:18 am

Isla had hoped she'd hide her emotions better, but since her time in the infirmary, it grew harder and harder to do. She had spent too much time dredging everything up to the surface to be able to shove it back down now with any amount of ease.Perhaps that wasn't a bad thing, though. Maybe it was worse to just hide it all the time... That's what led her to the infirmary in the first place.

"Please don't apologize, my friend," Isla said sincerely, shaking her head a little. "It's a question that needs to be asked, and that I ask myself often... The answer only makes me sad because it makes me think of my life before, and that it wasn't nearly as good as I thought it was at the time. It is...confusing, is it not, to realize that all you were raised to believe might be wrong? ...is wrong."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 20th, 2018, 11:06 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie nodded. "It's confusing, yes....and sometimes it's frustrating. Every time I have class, I still have to remind myself that what I'm doing isn't wrong," she said. Looking at Isla, she added, "But I walk in the Light, Isla, and so do you. We just....can't let ourselves forget that." It sounded so simple, hearing herself say it, but Amaranie knew it wasn't for her, and likely not for her friend either. She couldn't imagine a time would come when she would not have to make herself remember that channeling alone was not the evil act she'd been taught to fear.

She smiled at her friend, trying to cover that she wasn't sure what else to say. Isla's comment about her past not being as good as she'd thought had made Amaranie wonder what she meant, and she knew better than to ask her. They had never spoken about life back in Amadicia, before the Tower, and Amaranie strongly suspected that it was because neither of them were especially eager to remember it. She blinked and stayed quiet, trying not to think of her own past, and the events that had led her to run from her parents' home and eventually to the Grey Tower. Amaranie shifted her eyes to the table, hoping Isla wouldn't want to say anything more about their former lives or the country of their birth.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik