Up All Night, attn Bridget/Haxia

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Up All Night, attn Bridget/Haxia

Post by Alianora » September 22nd, 2017, 3:07 am

Amaranie
Amaranie opened the door to her small room and looked around. There wasn't much to see. Two small beds, two desks, and two chairs lined the sides of the room, and even that small amount of furniture nearly filled the space. Amaranie sat on the neatly made one on the right side. That was her own, and across from it, the bed across from it was piled with sheets and a blanket. That one would apparently belong to a new roommate, and it was her arrival that Amaranie was awaiting.

She wasn't very happy about it. Her last roommate, just recently raised, had been at the library so much that it was as if she didn't live in their room at all. Amaranie couldn't even remember her name. She did not think she would be as fortunate twice. With the kind of luck she had, the other girl would be the sort who slept all the time and would be all too happy to run to Tia Sedai everytime she saw that Amaranie was awake when she was not supposed to be. She scooted to the edge of the bed, nervously studying the scar on her arm. Every so often, she would check the door, only to find it still closed. Amaranie wished the new novice would just arrive already, so she could at least have some idea of what to expect and how bad her sleepless nights were likely to become.

Bridget
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Haxia do Catalan a'Coralle

Re: Up All Night, attn Bridget/Haxia

Post by Bridget » September 22nd, 2017, 3:31 am

Haxia
She stared down at the cup of tea cradled in her hands, trying desperately not to spill it down her white dress. There hadn’t been enough time at dinner to drink as much tea as she’d need to stay awake, so Haxia had poured a cup and slunk out of the dining hall before anyone could stop her. She wasn’t sure if that was actually prohibited, but it seemed to her that most things were. Haxia supposed she should be glad to be back at the Tower. At least the schedule here wasn’t as punishing as it had been at the farm. At least an Aes Sedai hadn’t latched onto her yet, to force her to dream of Tel’aran’rhiod every night. Haxia had been sent to what she suspected was the only farm in the bloody world owned by a dreamwalker. She had spent every painful hour of every night in Tel’aran’rhiod, under the stern and watchful eye of the most sour woman she had ever met. Haxia rather preferred farming.

Haxia scurried down the hallway, holding the cup of tea down at her side so that she might hide it in her skirts as she passed a gaggle of other novices. Tia Sedai had told her that her new room would be the seventh door on the left… Haxia found the right door, and took a moment to square her shoulders. She had not gotten along at all with her last roommate, before she had fled the tower. Kelra had been a fisherman’s daughter, a dull girl with a crass mouth and a louder snore. It was true that Haxia had been almost grateful for the snore, which had been terribly effective at keeping her up. But Kelra had been such a bore, and had bothered Haxia incessantly about her sleeping habits. Or lack thereof.

With her free hand, Haxia tossed her bright red hair over her shoulder and smoothed the bodice of her terribly white dress. She was determined that this roommate would be better. Father had told her that she must stay, or at least had told her brother that she must stay. Haxia could not imagine how long it would take to cure her of her trouble with Tel’aran’rhiod, but the time would pass easier with a friendly roommate. It was, of course, an indignity to be forced to share a room with another woman. But Haxia would make the best of it.

She pushed open the door, putting on her prettiest smile. Her new roommate was seated on a bed across from her, dark hair pulled into a ponytail, circles as dark as Haxia’s under her eyes. “Hello!” Haxia chirped as she stepped in and shut the door behind her with her free hand. “My name is Haxia do Catalan a’Coralle. Unless I counted doors wrong, I’m your new roommate.” She did her best to let her smile reach her eyes, but Light, she was tired.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » September 24th, 2017, 2:06 am

Amaranie
Amaranie eyed her pillow, but the novice didn't dare try to rest. She knew that if she did, rest would quickly turn to sleep, and if it did, well....the Light only knew what her dreams would show her. She didn't want to see it. She ran her finger up and down her scar, largely ignoring her surroundings, until the door swung open rather abruptly and a bright voice greeted her. Amaranie pushed the white sleeve back down and rose from the bed, walking towards the pretty redhead who had entered.

"I'm Amaranie Tice," she said. "It's nice to meet you." She was not yet certain whether that was actually true, though it was polite to say so. She smiled down at the other girl, who was far shorter than she. Amaranie was used to it, but she still didn't much care for the way she towered over most other women. She gestured with her left hand towards the bed that sat unmade. "That one will be yours," she said, "and the desk and chair by it." What else to say? Amaranie didn't know. She blinked, then she yawned, turning her head away from Haxia to cover it with a hand. "Have you seen much of the Tower yet?" she finally asked.

Bridget
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Bridget » September 24th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Haxia
She couldn’t quite tell if Amaranie was simply uninterested in the woman she would be sharing a room with for the foreseeable future, or if the other girl was simply too tired and distracted to pay her any mind. Still, Haxia didn’t let her smile dim. It was, after all, still a better start than her first conversation with Kelra had been.

The bed, desk, and chair were about the same as they had been in her last room; mismatched furniture that belonged in a farm house. Haxia gazed about the room, noticing the pegs on her side. Several white dresses and shifts hung there, doubtlessly the same dresses she had abandoned when she had left the tour. Haxia wasn’t particularly pleased to see them again.

Amaranie’s yawn caught her off guard, and she found herself yawning widely in return, enough to make her jaw audibly crack. Haxia colored, and took a sip of her tea in an effort to hide her embarrassment. She didn’t want to let her roommate in on her odd sleeping habits until she had to. Kelra had made a mockery of her for it, the noble novice who wouldn’t lower herself to even sleep in a common bed. Haxia had not corrected her- the entire thing had been futile and pointless.

“Yes, I have.” Haxia told the other novice, continuing as she meant to go on- all smiles and friendliness. “I was here for a fortnight or so, and have just returned from a short visit to see my family.” Better Amaranie hear that she had run from her; Haxia was sure the other novice would find out simply by mentioning her name to another girl. The novice quarters were a cesspit of gossip- which Haxia quite enjoyed, normally. “Have you been at the Tower long?” Haxia asked Amaranie as she set her cup of tea down on her table and settled onto her chair. She wanted very much to ask the other girl if she intended to become Aes Sedai, but couldn’t quite think of a polite way to ask.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » September 25th, 2017, 9:59 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie had never thought of running away, as the other girl apparently had. She didn't think she'd ever have the nerve, even if she had had a home to go to. She could understand the desire to escape easily, but what she could not comprehend was why the other woman had come back. It wasn't something she could ask Haxia, of course, when she had just met the other novice. She blinked several times, her head lowering seemingly of its own will before popping back up again. "I haven't been here very long," she told Haxia. "Maybe a few months? Every day here is just like the next, and they've run together until I can't be sure just how long it's actually been." Long enough to begin asking herself uncomfortable questions, long enough to reconsider what felt like everything she'd ever been taught.

Amaranie shook her head, her eyes going to the tea set on Haxia's small desk, clearly visible. The other girl shouldn't have brought it in here, Amaranie knew it. They weren't allowed food in their rooms. Did Haxia remember that rule? There was no way for Amaranie to know without asking, and she wasn't sure how, or if, she should do that. She considered it silently, and what finally made her say something was the fact that if Tia Sedai or one of the Accepted found it, Amaranie herself would be in the same amount of trouble as Haxia. It wasn't such a great offense, but still. She didn't want to draw any more attention to herself from the Aes Sedai aside from that which she could not avoid.

She smiled at Haxia, wanting to be friendly, but it was a thin, hesitant one. "Did you know we're not allowed to have that in here?" she asked quietly, afraid her voice would escape out into the hall. She feared the question would turn the other girl against her, but Amaranie couldn't handle the idea of being scolded for something she hadn't even done. It was hard enough to endure her life here without adding any extra trouble to it.

Bridget
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Bridget » September 30th, 2017, 1:44 am

Haxia
It seemed strange, for Amaranie to not know how long she had been at the Grey Tower. Haxia had counted the days before she had left; not as days spent at the Tower, but rather as days away from her family and her responsibilities. To let the days blur like that- did Amaranie have anything waiting for her outside of the Tower? Haxia had to swallow the urge to ask the other novice how she had come to be in novice whites. She studied the other girl, but there was nothing to her features that gave away her nationality. Perhaps there was something to her accent, so different from a Murandian, but Haxia hadn’t the knowledge to place it.

When the other novice finally spoke, Haxia had to resist the urge to simply stare blankly at her. “I didn’t know.” She said, a little amused. “I gathered that food was not allowed, but I had no idea tea faced a similar ban.” Well, she had suspected, but she hadn't known. It seemed her roommate was a bit of a mouse. Haxia had just spent two months on a farm, picking beets, of all things, for the much larger crime of leaving the Tower. What would they do if they caught her with a cup of tea? Force her to clean another floor? It was hardly intimidating.

Haxia opened her mouth to tell Amaranie so, then paused. She would have to live with this woman for years, if the Tower had its way. It was a small thing, really, to not bring tea back to the room. She had never had to share space with another person like this before, but it was the same thing as negotiating a friendship with another lady, wasn't it? It was always important to show your position and power, but that was quickly followed by mutual appreciation and respect. With Amaranie… Haxia had the feeling such posturing would send the mouse back to her hole.

“I’ll sneak it back to the kitchens in the morning.” Haxia told the other girl, pairing the words with a smile. “I was late to dinner, and they cleared away the tea before I had any. I’ll keep it out of our room from now on. Anyways!” She brushed past the little spat easily. “What do you do for fun around here? The whole thing is rather tedious, isn’t it?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 1st, 2017, 7:10 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie waited quietly for Haxia to become angry with her, but oddly enough, the other novice just smiled at her and promised to remove it in the morning. Amaranie let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Haxia's suggestion sounded reasonable enough. If someone decided to inspect their room tonight, which was unlikely, they would just have to get in trouble. It wasn't as if she never had before, despite all her attempts to avoid it.

She returned Haxia's smile briefly, though she quickly exchanged it for a blank look when Haxia asked what she did for fun. Fun? The word was not one Amaranie associated with life as a novice. She frowned for a time, not sure how to answer. The truth for Amaranie was that living here was at best something that had to be endured as much as she could bring herself to do so. If there was any enjoyment in it for her, such moments were, at best, rare.

"Fun?" She repeated the word as if she had no idea what it meant. "I guess...sometimes I spend time with my friends." Not that she had many of those. Far more often, she was up here or in the library with the never ending work her various classes kept assigning, whether or not she was supposed to have free time. "I used to bake a lot at home, but we can't do that here." Which Amaranie thought was quite the shame, as she often thought she could have done as well as the cooks in the Tower, if what they were fed as novices was any evidence of their skill. "This Tower....it isn't a fun place, Haxia," she said, sure her new roommate was less than pleased with her.

Bridget
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Bridget » October 8th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Haxia
She smiled encouragingly as the other novice spoke, holding her tea with both hands to keep warm. Haxia had never baked before, although she had a terrible sweet tooth. For a moment, she considered attempting to convince the novice to sneak into the kitchens later. It would be a perfect plan: to return the cup and rustle up some sweets! But it didn’t take much thought to realize she would have no luck with the other novice. Amaranie didn’t seem the type for pranks, let alone let night excursions.

Haxia could not help but frown at the other girl as she finished speaking. “Amaranie…” She started, trailing off uncertainly. Light, of course the Tower wasn’t a fun place! From what Haxia could tell, Aes Sedai and Asha’man worked very diligently to ensure that. But that didn’t mean Haxia was going to let herself descend into despair. If she thought of Tel’aran’rhoid, of how long she’d likely have to stay in novice whites, cleaning chamber pots and scrubbing floors- It was better not to think of it.

She set down her cup of tea and picked up her chair, moving it across the room to Amaranie’s desk. Haxia sat down, fixed her terrible white skirts, and plucked the deck of cards from her belt pouch. “Would you like to play?” She asked the other girl as she shuffled. “I can teach you a game.” Haxia showed off a little, flipping the cards into three piles and shuffling them back together. She had no idea why Tia Sedai had not confiscated the cards, but she wasn’t about to complain.

“I know the Tower isn’t a fun place.” She looked down at the cards as she spoke, her mouth pursed just a little. “But I can’t let myself dwell on that for too long.” Her gaze flickered from her bed to the cards. Perhaps Amaranie would play with her for a good while, so that she might avoid sleep for a little longer. "It's always better to find something fun then think of what you cannot change."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 10th, 2017, 12:24 am

Amaranie
Amaranie turned from Haxia, now seated at her desk, and gave her bed a guilty look. They were supposed to be in them shortly, not stay up playing games. Before Haxia had moved in, Amaranie had gone to bed every night at the required time and laid there awake for as long as she could before sleep claimed her. It made the nights long and unpleasant, and Amaranie found herself realizing that she didn't want to do that again tonight, not when Haxia was offering a far better option, at least for a bit longer.

She nodded, eyes drawn to Haxia's hands as the other girl arranged the cards. Amaranie had seen people playing cards often in her parents' inn, but where she'd grown up, it wasn't something young women did. This made her wonder where Haxia had learned to play. "I'd like that," Amaranie said. She moved from the bed to her desk chair, settling herself besides Haxia. "You will have to teach me how to play, though." Amaranie studied the cards Haxia held, hoping it wouldn't be too difficult to learn. She found herself asking,"Where did you learn how to play cards? Where I'm from, it's not something most women do."

Bridget
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Bridget » October 15th, 2017, 4:30 am

Haxia
Amaranie hadn’t learned to play a single game of cards? It was all Haxia could do to not gape at the other girl. In Murandy, every noblewoman played cards. Perhaps not dice- dice was something common people played, and men at that. Haxia could not imagine never learning. “My mother taught me when I was a little girl.” She told the other novice, shuffling the cards more to hide her surprise. Well. It was clear that Amaranie was not a noblewoman- perhaps that was why she had never learned to play. It made it a little tricker to explain that some days, Haxia had done nothing more than play cards and that there had been nothing she loved more than to bet on those games. It was likely, she reflected a little ruefully, that she had lost more money than Amaranie could imagine having. “I played cards very often with friends. It’s a good way to get to know a person and pass the time.”

Before Amaranie could ask her any more potentially awkward questions, Haxia launched into a description of the game. She showed the other girl the cards and suites, and dealt them a practice hand. “Let's play with our cards face up this time, so I can help you with your hand.” It would hardly be sporting to do otherwise.

Haxia flipped her five cards over, eyeing them dispassionately. Not a good hand, but not a terrible one. It would likely be enough to beat Amaranie, even though she was helping her. Haxia looked up, to watch the other girl scrutinize her hand. “Where are you from, Amaranie?” Perhaps it was rude to ask so early on in their acquaintance, but the curiosity was eating at her. “My family is from Murandy.” Haxia tacked on, hopeful that reciprocity would loosen Amaranie’s tongue.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik