Mushroom Soup (attn:Isla)

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Mushroom Soup (attn:Isla)

Post by Alianora » September 7th, 2017, 10:04 pm

Amaranie
Isla didn't say anything to her when she returned and for that, Amaranie was grateful. She rewashed the dishes she'd dirtied, then resumed drying Isla's as the other girl finished. Even with the additions to her work, it went quickly. Almost before she knew it, Amaranie was shelving the last of the dry dishes and gathering their towels to be washed by some other unfortunate novices. Through all this, Isla hadn't said a word. Amaranie turned to leave, but she didn't get very far before Isla's voice broke through the silence.

She had wanted to make friends with the other Amadician, but had assumed from Isla's quietness that the other girl wasn't as interested as she had seemed to be earlier, or that she had perhaps offended her with her earlier outburst. Amaranie hadn't been sure. She'd never had many friends, and the idea of purposely trying to make one was as foreign to her as anything else here. A shy smile flickered across her face, and quickly disappeared before she spoke. "I'd like that, Isla. What classes are you taking?" She thought the other girl was about her age, and therefore likely was studying some of the same subjects, but she couldn't be sure without asking. Amaranie moved closer to the door even as she talked. She wasn't exactly eager to get to her next class, but she knew what the consequence would be if she ran late, and very much wished to avoid it.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » September 11th, 2017, 1:59 am

Isla smiled, a small but genuine smile of relief and gratitude. A friend! One who could truly understand how she felt being here, when they were from the place they were from. She gestured to the door and said, "I'll walk out with you. We don't want to be late." She nodded, somewhat randomly. They weren't likely going to the exact same place, but Novice schedules were near enough.

"Classes... Everything?" She laughed ruefully. "Take every class, learn every thing, do all the chores," she said as they walked. She was grateful to be out of the kitchen, with all its hot water and steam. Little curls felt like they were sticking to her forehead and she brushed them back into her hair.

She sighed a little. "Well, okay, not really everything. Obviously." She rattled off the list of classes that she was in, including one on history that she struggled to stay awake in and another on arithmetic that she wasn't sure she'd ever actually have to use. "I find the classrooms a little overwhelming. I'm not used to things like that."

Training as part of her unit had come close, but not close enough to make it any easier.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » September 15th, 2017, 2:24 am

Amaranie
Amaranie was more than ready to leave the kitchen behind her, something that became even more appealing when Isla insisted on walking with her. She couldn't help but laugh at Isla's comment. It did, indeed, feel as though their endless routine of classes covered all there was to know. She found herself nodding as the other girl ran through her actual list of classes. Unsurprisingly, many of them were identical to Amaranie's. They turned down a hallway, drawing closer to where most of their classes met.

"I'd never been in a classroom like these before I came here," she told Isla. She thought she could understand what her new friend was feeling, since she'd often felt much the same way. "My parents needed us both working," she continued, "so that's what I did." Amaranie had never considered it odd, and it had surprised her to learn that some of the girls here had spent their entire lives in similar classes. Those tended to be the ones who turned up their noses at hard work, the sort of people Amaranie could not understand. "I have Tower History next," she said as they passed the door to her classroom. She couldn't stop herself from wrinkling her nose. The class, full of endless facts to memorize, was not one of the few she enjoyed. "Where do you go next?"

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » September 17th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Isla was loathe to lose the sudden kinship that she'd found with Amaranie, but she knew that neither of them could dawdle. She didn't need them both to run the risk of getting into more trouble, the case of the attacking soup had brought them both close enough. That wasn't something she needed to add to her day, and she was sure the other girl felt the same way.

"Arithmetic," Isla said with the same displeasure that Amaranie had voiced the name of her class with. "Soldiers have little need for numbers." But...she wasn't a soldier anymore, was she?

She rubbed her hands together slightly in an almost nervous gesture, but forced herself to stop when she realized what she was doing. She forced a faint smile. "At least lunch is after this class period, so there's that. Perhaps...perhaps I will see you there?" She didn't say it, but she usually sat alone.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » September 21st, 2017, 1:51 am

Amaranie
"I'd rather have arithmetic than Tower History," Amaranie said. She did have an arithmetic class, but hers wasn't until later in their day. She turned reluctantly towards the classroom door. Whether she wished it or not, she would have to leave her new friend behind and go in or risk being marked late. She waved at Isla, returning the other girl's smile. "I'd like that," she said. "I'll look for you then." With that agreed upon, she hurried inside, making it to her seat just as the Tower bells began to chime.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik