From Barracks to Prison Cell [Attn: Novice Nyaine Lintelle]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: From Barracks to Prison Cell [Attn: Novice Nyaine Lintelle]

Post by Bella » July 8th, 2017, 2:55 am

The idea that she might not have to stay here for long, that she might not actually have to walk the entire path to Aes Sedai, was a temptation that set her mind aflame...and yet, that niggling bit of ice remained. What did it matter? She couldn't go home, and there was nowhere else for her to go.

Isla forced the thought from her mind and managed to force a small smile for the enthusiasm of her fellow Novice. There was a part of her that was jealous that Nyaine could be so eager about it...

"I'm sure there is much to learn here," Isla managed, not wanting to seem...especially rude to the one person in this building who might be a friend, of a sort. To think, being desperate to be friends with a channeler. But she was. She needed allies. "It's a good thing, you know, that you want to learn these things. I imagine I'll...get there, somehow."

Daniel
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Nyaine Lintelle, Accepted

Post by Daniel » July 10th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Nyaine It wasn’t really a change in attitude for the other woman. It had been somewhat bleak acceptance of her fate the whole time they had talked. Yet it was good to see the smile on her face, no matter how small and no matter how forced it probably was. She turned to continue their walk.

“Maybe you just need to give it time. You will be here for some amount of time either way,” Nyaine remarked, offering a smile of her own in return, “so I feel like there is no reason to not just do one step at a time and see where that it leads you. And should that just happen to be Aes Sedai and a powerful tool of the Light, so much the better.”

She sounded like her needlework teacher, she thought. She had attempted to take her needles on one step – or rather one pinprick – at a time as well and had failed if not spectacularly then at least thoroughly, becoming frustrated quickly when she had shown no progress whatsoever. She wasn’t quite sure whether she liked that she was repeating the woman’s philosophies. But when it made sense it made sense.

“I guess the first step would be to get you settled in,” she said refocussing her attention on Isla, “and here’s the washroom to get that underway.”

Bella

Post by Bella » July 13th, 2017, 12:39 am

If nothing else, the sight of a chance for a little self-grooming brought a more genuine--if not any larger--smile to her face. She inhaled slowly and let it out. "Thank you, Nyaine," she said earnestly. "I will only be a moment."

True to her word, she made quick work of the task, but when she emerged, she had washed her face and hands. Now she wore the pure white, clean gown of the Novice. It didn't fit as well-tailored as the things she had worn before, but it was better than the random purchase she'd gained while traveling here.

And it was clean. So, she was grateful. It was also high of collar and long of sleeve and hem, hiding was sights she wished to keep hidden.

Isla had also managed to comb out her loosely curly hair into an austere braid of dark blonde that now hung over her shoulder. She hoped to have a chance to wash it properly soon as well, but now was not the time. She would not keep her roommate waiting for that long. "I think I at least now look more properly like a Novice. Don't you think?" She held her hands out, looking at her white-clad form.

Daniel
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Nyaine Lintelle, Accepted

Post by Daniel » July 18th, 2017, 12:13 am

Nyaine Nyaine gave Isla a thorough look over as she presented herself now in the same dress the Cairhienin herself was wearing. One thing was certain, she looked a lot cleaner than she had before. While the dress could have been more form-fitting, it nevertheless did not look bad on her. And Isla was correct, it did give her the appearance of an initiate of the Tower.

“Quite so,” Nyaine agreed with a smile that turned into a rueful, yet amused grin after a short moment. “You will even more look the part once the white is specked with dust and grease, your hands shrivelled from the dish washing water or blistered from the rake.”

She didn’t look forward to her chores she had later in the day, but she reminded herself once more that she could endure all the chores in the world, no matter how pointless they were, if it enabled her to learn about the one power. Additionally, there was some time yet before she had to start. Clearing the garden paths of leaves yet again.

“No need to trouble yourself with that yet, the suffering will start soon enough,” Nyaine remarked, her cheerful nature returned, “For now, any more questions, personal or otherwise? Or shall we start with that tour? Before you ask: No, I do not snore, I hope the same holds true for you.”

Bella

Post by Bella » July 18th, 2017, 3:01 am

Well... This girl certainly did paint quite the rosy image of the place. She tried to not think about all of that, though, because she had plenty to worry about without that. It would all just be too overwhelming, so she moved her thoughts on before they lingered too much. She simply smoothed her dress over her abdomen unnecessarily and took a fortifying breath.

"Well, I've never been told I snore," Isla said with a nervous laugh, "but I've usually had my own room and no one to notice. I, uh, don't have any questions. So let's begin the tour?"
OOC: And that's a wrap? <3 Thanks!

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik