None of Us What We Once Were [Attn: Novice Zarayne]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: None of Us What We Once Were [Attn: Novice Zarayne]

Post by Bella » April 19th, 2017, 3:36 pm

She tried to take in the woman's words, she really did. They were entirely supported by the rational side of Andra's brain. It had been...what? Less than an hour since this had all began? And again, my life takes a sudden swerving turn off the track that had been so clear only moments before...

Suddenly, she felt queasy. The hand that was not in Elia's rose and pressed against her forehead as it felt like the room swam.

Andra swallowed hard and closed her eyes against the emotions that were creeping in. It has only just happened. There is plenty of time to figure it out and fix it. You were set on a path before and that has not changed. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER! Yet the forceful inward voice only helped a little.

She did force her dark eyes open again and focused on Elia. She breathed, although it could hardly be said that she relaxed. She lowered her hand again, but the room remained fuzzy at the edges. "Thank you, Aes Sedai," she managed to say quietly. "This is suddenly a lot to take in."

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » April 19th, 2017, 3:47 pm

[font=Parisienne name=Parisienne] Elia [/font]
Andraste didn't see it (a poor choice of words) but her eyes weren't focusing. They danced around in an attempt to maintain a focus on anything. Elia had seen that look before in her time. Andraste's energy levels were low. It didn't matter much if it was from shock or exhaustion or hunger, or all three.

She rose from her seat and made her way around the table towards the Accepted. She had to release her hold on Andra's hand, but that was only so she could place her arm around the woman's shoulders. "Let's get you something to eat and drink." And depending on whether she needed assistance walking, the Infirmary was also on that list.

"I can't have you fainting on me," Elia teased, although her thoughts were serious. "I'll never be able to pick you up again if that happens."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » April 19th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Her stomach rebelled at the thought of eating or drinking, but she knew the wisdom of the Aes Sedai's words and she nodded. Carefully, she rose and found she could do so without issue. Andra managed a weak smile at what the other woman said. "I have never been of a fainting disposition, Aes Sedai," she said.

Then again, there were many things she wouldn't have thought likely that came to pass...so maybe she wasn't the best judge.

Although things still didn't exactly feel right, she didn't have any difficulty walking. It may have been mere pride alone that made it so, but she refused to need such help from anyone. She always had walked on her own two feet and she was determined that she always would, and so even as she was, that's what she did as they left the room.

"I am sure I'll be fine," she said as they did. She wasn't, in fact, entirely sure of that, but she knew she wouldn't collapse. That much she was sure of.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik