Making Friends (attn: lots of people)

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Making Friends (attn: lots of people)

Post by Roan » April 3rd, 2017, 6:30 pm

Paks
The Drin slid her eyes from Serain to Jesi as she gave a breathy laugh when the dare was uttered. Lick the soles of both boots was certainly a unique dare, and one that was not all that appealing given Paks walked through the stable and stable yards to find the gathering she now attended. The barn itself was immaculate, or as immaculate as the aisle of a barn can be. The stablemaster made sure it was swept morning, High and night.

Passing the bottle back to Jesi, Paks didn’t let her smirk falter, “Hold on to this. . .I’m going to need a drink after this.” She winked before looking back to Serain, “Licking both soles of my boots.” Putting one heal behind the toe of her other boot, Paks pulled off her left boot, flipped it over and licked the boot just in front of the small heal, where there would be less contact with the ground.

The Drin put her left boot back on, then repeated the same action with the right. With both boots back on, she took the bottle from Jesi and did a two second pour into her mouth before handing the bottle back. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, she flashed her best smirk to the rest of the group. “Who’s next?”

Anne
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Anne » April 8th, 2017, 4:25 am

Seryna al' Lorne
Seryna walks the Tower in a tangle of emotions. It was exhilarating to finally be in the Tower after expecting it for so long. Yet now that she had finally arrived, the rules and expectations were weighty. Seryna felt isolated and missed her family, her younger sister mostly. With so many conflicting thoughts, she did not want to be alone. She completed her daily chores and walked the halls of the Tower. The Channeling Yard was tempting, yet one of those rules was that she was not supposed to touch the Source and channel. It was what she wanted to do, to test if she had any ability. Her mother's expulsion was large in her mind, causing her to wonder if she would be just as weak. She wished that there was some way of knowing.

The brunette searched for some people to speak with. As she approached a group of people some ways away, she saw someone remove boots and lick them. She approached close to the group, curious. What was this? It didn't seem to be a group of constricting rules, that was for sure.

"Hello." Seryna greeted the group, walking near to comfortably hold a conversation.
Seryna has dark brown hair, nearly black. It is long, descending in loose waves to mid back. Today it is styled in a Dutch braid and tied with deep grey ribbon. Her eyes are warm chocolate brown. Her skin is fair and light, speckled with brown freckles from brief exposure to the sun. The freckles are predominantly on her shoulders and arms with small smattering on her collarbone. The sixteen-year-old stands at 5'8'' and is of average feminine form. She is pretty, but is no great beauty. She wears no make - up and wears a single pouch on a grey ribbon tied close in her belt pouch. The pouch is stitched in purple, green and yellow flowers on sturdy beige linen.

"I am Seryna. I've only now arrived in the Tower. May I join you?"

Seryna worked to keep her expression calm but not stiff. She offered a pleasant smile.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Post by Sunny » April 8th, 2017, 5:08 am

Jesi
Jesi’s eyebrows climbed toward her hairline as Paks pulled off one boot, then the other, the Drin’s fantastic smirk vanishing momentarily as she performed the dare Serain had given her. The novice was suddenly intensely grateful that it had not been she to choose that dare; she wouldn’t have turned it down, but the idea of licking her shoes was distinctly unpleasant.

“Good job,” she said with a peal of clear laughter after Paks drank. Before she could speak again another woman joined them, clearly uncertain about her welcome. The woman’s introduction told Jesi all she needed to know about why she was hesitant. A good day for the Tower- two novices in one day? The thought did not lessen the compassion she felt for the newcomer, however.

“By all means, Seryna, come on over and rest your rump,” Jesi called in a friendly tone, gesturing for the new novice to make herself comfortable. “I am Jesi. That’s Serain, and that’s Lee. The woman in gray is Paks; the quiet ones are…” and she went down the list, introducing each by turn. “We’re play truth or dare, and I believe it is Paks’ turn to choose a victim.” The Mayener slung a casual arm around her lover’s shoulder and gave her a wicked smile.

“Who shall it be, you roguish troublemaker?” She asked playfully.
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Roan

Post by Roan » April 8th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Paks Liard
Paks gave a mock expression of horror, “Roguish? Troublemaker? Me? I am nothing but an innocent lambet caught in a game of another’s making and doing the best I can to get by. Who’s to say I can’t manage a little mischief while doing it? You only live once, as they say.” Her smirk came back easily just as she planted a peck on Jesi’s cheek.

“As for who will be next in our little game, let me think,” Paks studied the faces of those who were gathered. For a brief moment, she thought about calling one of the quiet ones out to get them out of their shell, but then thought better of it.

Looking to Jesi as she slid her arm around her waist, “I should call on you since the game was your idea.” The Drin paused for dramatic effect, then looked to Seryna, offering the young woman more of a smile than her smirk, “But then I’d like our newest arrival to feel welcome. So what will it be, Seryna? Truth or dare?” As she asked, Paks offered Seryna the bottle Jesi brought with her.
Spoiler: show
Once you give Seryna's answer, I shall post the truth or dare. You can also PM me her answer and I can supply you with Paks' answer that you can copy/paste into your reply if you like. The choice is yours, Anne.

Anne
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Anne » April 8th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Seryna
A game of Truth and Dare where boot licking was an option was a little alarming, but Seryna drew closer and rested her rump.
"Hello, all." She greeted with a nod as others were introduced. "Seryna, from Baerlon." She repeated for politeness if they had been more interested in the game.
"This seems like just the thing I was looking for." Seryna stated, shaking her head.
"Something to get me out of my head. Do you do this sort of thing often?"

She wondered, glancing at the named Tower associates. They couldn't all by Novices, could they? She glanced at their dress. No, Paks certainly was not. She was more curious than ever, but there was a game afoot. She'd delayed long enough. Seryna was teased for often choosing Truth on her turn, and that wouldn't do here. One ought to be daring in one's first voyage into the Tower's nightlife. The teen glanced around the Stables, checking for a formidable Warder or the Mistress of Novices herself. With no one swooping down, she supplied an impish grin.

"Give me a dare then, Paks."

Roan

Post by Roan » April 9th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Paks Liard
Paks studied the freckled Novice, her smirk never wavering as she considered what kind of dare to throw the newcomer’s way. Jesi had been nice to Serain with a simple five count off of the bottle. Just how mischievous was Paks feeling tonight? The idea of making a Novice do a body shot off of another Novice was tempting, but the woman before her seemed terribly young for such a dare.

The Drin bobbled her head back and forth as she wiggled her brows, “Alright. Dare it is. You have to speak as an Illianer for the next ten minutes and tell us the story of how you came to the Grey Tower. If you slip from the accent, you have to chug from the bottle for a ten count.” She was quite pleased with her idea. It wasn’t so cruel as to scare the girl away (she hoped), but it also had an exception in case the girl slipped that could well make the rest of the evening more entertaining for both Seryna and the group.

Giving a flourished bow, Paks waved to the Novice, “Ladies and Gents, I give you the story of our newest arrival as told by her Illianer alter-ego, Seryna.” When she stood from her bow, she looked to Jesi and winked before sliding her arm around her lover’s waist once again.

Anne
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Anne » April 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Seryna
The new novice nodded at Pak's continuation of the game. Her eyes widened as she heard her dare. Seryna frowned for a second, trying to place an Illianer accent. She'd heard the peddler tell a story of Illian once. It wasn't the easiest thing and she'd try. The brunette would try her best by speaking as little as possible and as much in character as she could.

"They do have a different way of speaking there," Seryna affirmed, "but I shall do so!"

It would be a learning experience, at any rate. She wondered if any one from Illian was in the Tower. It would be interesting to find out in the morning.

"By my aged grandmother, I do think Paks should make all of the dares. Its quite fun! Jesi, Serain, Paks- have you ever met any one from Illian?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik