The Two-Way Street (Attn: Alianora)

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: The Two-Way Street (Attn: Alianora)

Post by Bella » December 2nd, 2022, 8:18 pm

"Of course," Mia replied easily. It was far more of an easygoing tone than most people who met her probably thought she was capable of, since most people just saw the porcelain statue rather than the woman. And there was still an actual, human woman still in there...somewhere.

She started walking after waiting for the other woman to fall in step. "Haeden is the first of my children who remained at the Tower and has gotten married," she commented. "Ryne--my first child--was a Gaidin too. He died not long after Haeden was born. I knew of his relationships, but he never married. Sadira, my second born and first daughter, had Scerai, but they never wed either.

"That makes this a bit of a special event for me as a mother, I'll admit," she continued. "If there is anything I can do to be of assistance, I hope you'll let me know. I'm sure neither of you need it." She cast an understanding sidelong smile at the Blue. "But if I can do anything to make it easier, I'm happy to help."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » December 7th, 2022, 3:04 am

Liaran Sedai
Turning her back on the Channeling Yard, Liaran moved quickly to catch up with the other woman. For all that she desired to know Haeden's mother better, Liaran didn't know what to say to her, and was relieved when Miahala began to speak of her children, and how Haeden would be the first living at the Grey Tower to marry. All Liaran had to do was walk and listen. She enjoyed learning more of Haeden's family, so very different from her own, so she did not find it difficult to stay quiet and let Miahala speak.

As the distance between them and the Channeling Yard grew, the topic of Miahala's discussion turned to the upcoming wedding. When the Green sister offered to help while also acknowledging that they likely did not need any, Liaran managed to return the other woman's smile. "It's going to be a very small wedding, just for family," Liaran told her. Haeden's family, at least. She had not yet decided whether to invite her parents, but could not quite think of Haeden's relatives as her own.

That wasn't something she wanted to discuss with his mother, so instead, Liaran continued, "I don't think we'll need you to do anything other than attend. If you are there, and, I hope, happy for us, I would not ask anything more than that from you."

Bella

Post by Bella » December 8th, 2022, 7:52 pm

The Green could at least appreciate that this offer of help landed better than the last one. She had worked a little harder to not make this one sound condescending, as apparently the other one had. Live and learn, as they say, and even after centuries had passed, there were still things to be learned. Really, it was one of the things that made her lifespan bearable.

"That's easily done," she said. "It would take the Shadow itself to keep me away--" Which, unfortunately, was exactly impossible. "--and I am already happy for you both. My offer stands if anything comes up, but otherwise, I offer simply my presence."

She fell quiet for a moment, reflecting on the fact that the Blue was clearly not a talker. Miahala wouldn't necessarily consider herself "a talker" either, and yet she'd had enough situations in her life to require it. Matters for the Tower and her Ajah, dealing with children, being forced to attend diplomatic functions and talk instead light things on fire...

That last was always especially wearisome.

Still, it did seem to put most of the conversational onus on Miahala, but Liaran did not seem...displeased to listen. "I assume you've met Sadira already, given that she is also a Blue?" She paused long enough for a response. "Have you had a chance to meet any of Haeden's other relatives as yet? Those in the Tower or in Saldaea?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 15th, 2022, 11:23 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran nodded, and said, "We'll be happy to have you there." She knew the statement didn't exactly keep conversation flowing between them, but she'd never been very good at accomplishing that. Besides, she didn't mind the quiet, and was perfectly happy not to speak at all until Miahala addressed her again.

"Yes, I've met Sadira," she responded. It took her some time to think about who else she might have met, and Liaran gave the Green sister a nervous glance. Was it terrible that, this close to marrying Haeden, she still couldn't name all the relatives he had within the Grey Tower? She hoped it wasn't, because it truly was not something she could do, nor did she think Haeden expected it from her.

"I don't believe I've met any of the others in the Tower, except for you of course. I imagine I will meet a few more of them at our wedding," she said. "As for Saldaea...we have talked about traveling to visit that side of his family but haven't yet found the time for it. I'm sure we'll go to see them when we can, I just don't know when that will be." After another short pause, Liaran asked, "If I remember correctly, Haeden's Saldaean relatives are your side of the family, aren't they?"

Bella

Post by Bella » December 22nd, 2022, 2:08 am

Mia did not mind silence as well, though in this particular circumstance, she was concerned that Liaran would be concerned what the Green was thinking, given how things had started out. Still, she wasn't the type to force conversation either, so she let things be for the moment while they walked toward Hama Valon.

"If I remember correctly, Haeden's Saldaean relatives are your side of the family, aren't they?"

"That's correct," Mia replied with a small, fond smile. She still remained in contact with much of her family, even though they were nearly all generations and generations away from her parents and siblings. She had been the only one of her core family to channel, so all the others were long dead.

"There is a very small handful of my kin who have moved elsewhere in the Borderlands, but basically, all of my family is in Saldaea or here," she continued. The smile faded to a wry expression. "His father's family was basically all in Arafel, and I imagine you will not be seeing any of them further. While I know they are not all twisted as Hiron... Well, Haeden always pretty much distanced himself from them before that."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 26th, 2022, 10:32 pm

Liaran Sedai
When they reached the streets of Hama Valon, Liaran was careful to stay beside Miahala. She knew her way around the town without difficulty, but did not know exactly where the other woman meant to take them. She smiled and nodded, at first commenting only, "I certainly hope the rest of that family is not like Hiron. Another trip to Arafel in the future might be required if any of them are." The prospect of that was not one Liaran welcomed, but she wouldn't hesitate to go if it proved necessary.

It was hardly the sort of subject she wanted to discuss while accompanied by Haeden's mother. The Grey Tower would deal with Hiron as he deserved, and Liaran had no desire to involve herself in that process. She said to Miahala, "From what Haeden has told me, he would have inherited the manor and title of that side of his family had he chosen, but decided not to. I think they are some sort of...nobility..in their country?" Even this many years after leaving the sea behind her, Liaran continued to struggle with the idea of rank passing between family members instead of being earned.

"I don't claim to know Haeden's mind," she explained, "but I can't imagine him being happy in such a life." Liaran remembered quite well how uncomfortable they had been in the Ives home, even before the attack on them both, and thought she could understand just why Haeden hadn't wanted much to do with that side of his family.

Bella

Post by Bella » December 29th, 2022, 4:41 pm

"A family of minor nobility and some wealth, yes," Mia said with a nod. For a moment, her memories shifted back to the day she'd married Caden Ives. It had taken place in that very manor, and she clung to that memory. She did not want her most prominent thoughts about the place to be what had nearly happened to Haeden and their small siege upon it.

"His father, Lord Caden Ives, had kept it only reluctantly. It would have been passed to Haeden, but even as a young child, he knew that wasn't what he wanted." The Green smiled fondly, navigating their way through the streets toward the tea shop she visited whenever she chose to spend time in Hama Valon. "He always wanted to follow his father on the other path. To be a Gaidin.

"If you can imagine him, now rather stoic and such a fierce warrior, as a child. His hair was so blonde as to be nearly white then, and he spent almost as much time running around with a wooden sword in his hand as not since the moment he began walking. 'Gaidin' was actually the third word he ever said."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 2nd, 2023, 10:49 pm

Liaran could indeed picture her Warder as the energetic little boy that Miahala described. The image of him running around with a small wooden sword in hand brought a smile to Liaran's face, though she still felt shy around the other woman. Knowing Haeden as she did, and having seen his dedication to the life of a Gaidin for herself, she found it easy to imagine that he had known he wanted to be one even as a very young child. She turned to the Green sister, saying only, "That doesn't surprise me. He must have been quite active! I hope he did not give you too much trouble."

Bella

Post by Bella » January 4th, 2023, 11:21 pm

Miahala laughed fondly, flashing the sort of smile that only her family got to see. "He was terribly active, and terribly smart. It could be a very difficult combination, but I wouldn't say it was trouble to me. I enjoyed being mother to all my children as they grew up. Haeden was my fifth child and third son. Though, funnily, Sadira was actually the second-most active child I raised.

"The twins, one boy and one girl, were somewhat sedated compared to their older half-brother and sister. Haeden was very similar to her, though. I suppose that's one of the reasons they ended up being so close now, aside from..." Her expression flattened a bit to its normal stoic state. "They grew close after his father and I...died."

It was still weird, more than a decade later, to know she was dead and now alive again. It wouldn't probably never not be weird.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 8th, 2023, 2:15 am

Liaran Sedai
The laughter from the other Aes Sedai caused Liaran to turn and look at her, wide-eyed with startled surprise. The open display of emotion seemed to her to be a glimpse behind the outward calm they had all been taught to assume in front of others. It made the legendary Green, her future husband's mother, appear to be just a little less intimidating, and Liaran gave her a small, somewhat hesitant smile.

It faded quickly, however, as they continued to walk and Liaran stayed silent while listening to Miahala speak of her family. She did not mind this, and actually rather enjoyed the stories of her many children and their varied personalities. Hearing of all of Miahala's children made Liaran wonder whether Haeden would want them after they were married, and in all honesty, to ask the same question of herself. It wasn't something that had yet come up between them, and she thought it might be wise to discuss that before their wedding. The Blue sister gazed absently ahead of her as they continued along the street, just a little distracted, until Miahala spoke of dying.

She had known that Haeden's mother had somehow died and then returned to the world, which did not make the idea any less strange to her. Liaran did not even want to think about it too far, and instead, the Aes Sedai merely blinked at the casual admission.

"From what Haeden has told me," she said quietly, not quite looking at the other woman, "It was good for them both to have each other to depend on then, and now as well. I am glad for him that he has such a close relationship with his sister, and with you. I know that he is grateful to have you in his life once more."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik