Growing Things (attn Isla)

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Growing Things (attn Isla)

Post by Alianora » May 31st, 2018, 9:54 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Under a tree in the Channeling Yards, Amaranie sat with a handful of seeds scattered on the ground in front of her. She frowned down at the seeds in frustration. She had meant to practice the plantweaving she'd learned in a recent class, but it wasn't going very well for Amaranie. The Accepted sighed and reached for saidar to try the weave again. She started with Earth, one of her weaker areas, and when she thought she had enough, pulled an equal amount of Water into the weave. That much wasn't very hard for her new, but the rest of the weave was more different. The thread of Spirit Amaranie pulled first was far too thick, and the Accepted had to try multiple times to find one that was thin enough to work. She had similar trouble adding Air to her work, and came close to dropping the whole mess and starting over. Finally, Amaranie added the last tendril of Fire that her creation needed and stared at what she'd made, critically judging it. It appeared to her eyes that it might still contain too much Air, a common problem for the Accepted.

Without much hope that it would work, Amaranie lowered the weave onto one of the seeds in front of her. Instead of growing as it was supposed to, the seed shattered, sharp shards soaring through the air around her. Amaranie frowned and brushed one of the pieces from her arm where it had landed. I was right. Too much Air. She'd become good at understanding why her failed weaves hadn't worked, but didn't always know how to correct her mistakes. The Accepted glared at the remaining seeds and contemplated whether she should just give up and go back inside.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Growing Things (attn Isla)

Post by Bella » June 2nd, 2018, 2:16 am

Isla had been distracted all day.

Every time she tried to focus on one thing, her mind tried to leap to another. If she gave in and focused on that, then it went to yet another thing. She had no idea what was going on with her, but it was getting fairly annoying. She needed to get her head straight, and she hoped the seeing her friend Amaranie might help.

She had been happy for her friend when she passed through the Three Arches, even though Isla thought she was still uncertain about her place and path in the Grey Tower.

Walking out toward the edge of the Channeling Yard, where there were trees actually able to grow and not be blasted apart by those learning battle weaves, Isla found the wind was a little higher than she expected. She untied the ribbon that held the top half and re-tied it around all of it, putting it into a ponytail against her neck.

Small curls still danced around her face, so she just ignored them and found her friend.

Isla was about to offer a warm greeting, but then saw the look of frustration. "Hello, Amaranie," she greeted. She knew that Amaranie was channeling, but wasn't sure what she was doing. She sat beside her and tilted her head. "Everything okay?" That was when she noticed the seeds on the ground. "Have the seeds caused an offense?" Her lips quirked into a small smile.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 3rd, 2018, 7:57 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Isla's question about the seeds brought a smile to Amaranie's face, though it quickly disappeared with her continued frustration. The Accepted shook her head. "It's not the seeds," she said. It's me. "I took a class on Plantweaving a few days ago, and it didn't go well," she confessed to her friend. Amaranie waved a hand at the seeds around her. "I meant to come out here and practice on these, but every time I try, I end up with too much Air in my weaving, and they break instead of growing." She let out an exasperated sigh. The weave had appeared to be fairly simple when Amyla Sedai had demonstrated it, and Amaranie didn't understand why she couldn't get it to work.

Amaranie's light eyes narrowed as she focused on another of the seeds surrounding her and began to attempt the weave again. Just as she'd noticed with her earlier attempt, the beginning of her weave was fine, strands of Earth and Water drawn slowly together in exactly the way she'd been shown. It was the Spirit and Air that she just couldn't manage to make fine enough to work within the whole. The Accepted frowned at the weave before dropping it rather abruptly. She already knew the result she'd get if she continued and didn't want to risk striking Isla with a seed fragment. Sighing again, she looked up at her friend. "I just can't seem to get this right, even though I know exactly where I'm going wrong," she complained. "Have you ever tried Plantweaving, Isla?" She hoped that if her friend had, maybe Isla would be able to help her correct herself.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 5th, 2018, 1:26 am

Isla listened and then watched curiously. Her brows knit slightly with concentration as she watched Amaranie forming the weaves, although they never reached the seeds. Of course, they didn't really need to since the results of the previous attempts lay in small piles and fan-like shapes around the still intact seeds.

"I haven't tried it myself," she admitted thoughtfully as she lowered herself to a seat beside her friend, "but I did see someone do it once, an Aes Sedai. It was quite spectacular and did make me curious, though I've yet to attend a class on it."

She pursed her lips slightly as she reviewed the weaves in her mind, seeing what Amaranie had done before dropping it. "So, it's thin weaves of Earth and Water, before adding Spirit and Air?" she asked. "Are they supposed to be equal thickness or varied?" She opened herself to Saidar, as was the privilege of being an Accepted.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 6th, 2018, 12:04 am

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie pulled a thread of Earth, intending to demonstrate the weave for Isla, if she could. "Mostly, you need Earth and Water, so you start with those in equal amounts." As she spoke, she tugged on threads of Earth, struggling as she often did to pull enough to use in her weaves. When she finally did, she added the Water threads, which were much less difficult. Entwined with the Earth, they looked like a thin sort of net.

"Once you have those, you need Air and Spirit, but not as much. I think you're supposed to use about half the amount you have of the Earth and Water. At least, that's what I have written in my notes." She'd seen this part done, but with the trouble Air threads gave her, had not yet been successful with it herself. Amaranie tried anyways for Isla's benefit, starting with the smaller amount of Spirit before continuing her battle with Air. Great puffs of it continued to come to her every time she tried, leaving Amaranie little choice but to drop the larger threads and search for smaller ones. After several attempts, the Accepted still couldn't grasp a small enough amount of Air to make the weave work.

She sighed, frowned, and explained, "It's supposed to have the same amount of Air as Spirit, and then just a tiny strand of Fire last. I would show you, but I keep pulling too much Air, so my weaving isn't correct." If she hadn't already known that, the bits of seeds speckling the ground were more than enough proof.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 8th, 2018, 2:32 am

Isla watched Amaranie's weaving intently, listening just as closely to the explanation. So, plantweaving required all five elements. She filed that away. Earth was not among her best, so she worried that she might struggle just as much to pull the right amount of that one into the weave should she try it, but maybe she could.

"So, you started with Earth and Water," she said out loud, dancing with Saidar in her mind to gather what she needed. The Water came easily and she had it in place in an instant, but just as Amaranie had struggled with the Air, she fought against the Earth. Starting and trying again a couple of times, she managed to get an adequate amount. She adjusted the Water to match.

Air came more easily for her, as did the Spirit. The Earth struggled to stay in her control, but she focused hard. Then she wove through the hint of Fire and laid it upon one of the seeds...

...which instantly shriveled.

Wrinkling her nose, she dropped the weave although kept hold of the One Power. "Well, that's interesting," she commented, tilting her head as she eyed the shriveled seed. "Did you have any do that?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 10th, 2018, 12:22 am

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie watched closely while Isla tried the weave, hoping her friend would have more success than she had. Certainly Isla was better at using only the required amount of Air, but had more difficulty with Earth. Amaranie sympathized with that, since she wasn't good with Earth either, though the problems she had with it were just the opposite of her struggles with Air. When the weave came together, instead of the unfortunate explosions Amaranie had seen result from her own work, the seed withered away.

While Amaranie didn't have much trouble figuring out where she'd gone wrong with her weaves, she had no clue what had happened with Isla's. "No, none of mine did that," she said. With a small smile, she continued, "You're doing better than I have, at least yours didn't blow up."

There were plenty of seeds still scattered around her, and Amaranie decided to try again and attempt to make the weave larger. Maybe if the rest of my weaves match the amount of Air I can hold, it will work. She wanted to try it, but Earth was quite resistant to her efforts. She struggled with it for quite some time, but never did manage to pull as much of it as she could of Air. Amaranie sighed, clinging to the threads of Earth, and rested. When she felt ready, she added the equal amount of Water, and the smaller amount of Spirit which she needed. Air was next, and continued to be nearly impossible for Amaranie to hold in any small amount. The Accepted persisted and finally achieved a result that appeared closer than her previous efforts. Weaving in the last thin strand of Fire, she lowered the weave.

Before letting it fall, she told Isla, "You might want to step back a little, this one might explode just like the rest did." Amaranie prayed to the Light that that wouldn't happen this time, then let go. She smiled when she saw the seed crack without exploding. The crack widened, and for a few seconds, Amaranie thought she'd done it correctly, but it failed to open further, and the tiny green shoot she could barely see inside it never emerged. She sighed in frustration, having no idea what else she could change to improve without being able to get Air under better control.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 13th, 2018, 1:28 am

Rather than step back, Isla wove a layer of Air between herself and the other Accepted. It was a simple but effective shield for tiny projectiles that might come flying her way...but to her happy surprise, that didn't happen. Of course, nothing happened as much as she was sure her friend wanted it to, but still.

"It's still progress," Isla said with an encouraging smile, lowering her little impromptu shield. "It did open and it was ready to emerge. It just needed a bit more encouragement."

Isla looked at her shriveled prune of a seed and picked it up, holding it between her thumb and forefinger as she turned it this way and that in the light. It really did look like a prune, which was odd. "I think my Earth and Water were imbalanced," she said thoughtfully. "You make a prune by drying out a plum. I somehow dried this out. "Or too much Fire?"

She put it back on the ground and pulled forward another seed. "Okay, so...balance Earth and Water better, and a thinner Fire," she said aloud, although she knew Amaranie didn't need to hear her entire thought process.

Wrestling with Earth, struggling to bring it under control like a young farmer trying to contain a young bull by its horns, she formed the first half of the weave and carefully made sure there was just the same amount of Water. Air and Spirit flowed in easily, but then she had to make the thin line of Fire. She tried to make it thinner than the last one.

As she laid it upon the seed, she bit her lip and squinted one eye in anticipation.

The seed cracked and opened, and a little green popped out like a chipmunk from a burrow. She was so surprised that released the weave, and the seed stopped where it was.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 14th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Accepted Amaranie
"Isla! You did it!" Amaranie said in surprise, pleased for her friend, if also just the slightest bit jealous. "You could probably get it to grow taller if you wanted to, now that you've made it sprout." She stared down at the seed she'd been working on, wondering if she could do the same for hers. What was it that Isla said she did? She mentioned balancing Earth and Water, and less Fire...... Focused on the only seed she'd had any small success with, Amaranie started again with the threads of Earth.

They were no easier now than they had been when she'd started, and Amaranie was already tired when she held what she hoped was enough. She waited until she thought she could continued, easily adding Water to the weave. She had never had much trouble with Water, and studied her work carefully to be sure she only had as much of it as she did Earth before she moved on. Spirit came next in a smaller amount, and then the hardest part, the Air threads.

What Amaranie first held could have overwhelmed her entire weave if she'd used it. Knowing not to, the Accepted let go of the Air threads and tried numerous times to gather a smaller amount. She had no luck with this, repeatedly holding far more than she wanted, until she became frustrated enough to attempt to force some away from her. The Air threads resisted, but Amaranie pushed harder against them until she was able to drop only some of the Air she had held. She was so pleased by this that she didn't stop to think that she still held far more than she needed. Adding the Air to the weave, followed by the last thin strand of Fire, Amaranie held her breath as she placed her weave on the slightly cracked seed.

To her surprise, the small bud inside shot out towards the sky, turning green and sprouting leaves and petals. Amaranie thought she had finally done it right, but as the thought crossed her mind, the small red flower that had grown began to turn brown, shed leaves and petals, and decay until it was no more than dust on the ground. Amaranie sighed and shook her head. "I have no idea what went wrong with that," she complained, looking up at Isla. "Do you?"

Bella

Post by Bella » June 15th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Isla had almost been scared to try again, fearing that she wouldn't actually be able to achieve the same effect a second time and would then just end up frustrated. Of course, she knew that was where her friend was mentally already and she felt bad for worrying so much about reaching that point herself. Amaranie kept trying, after all, and that was the way to be.

She pursed her lips slightly, holding off for the moment so that the other girl could try again herself. Isla watched weaves as closely as she could, and then the seed.

A small gasp escaped her when the little sprout popped out and began to grow! ...and then withered away. Her pale brows knit, sharing her friend's frustration over the fate of the little green shoot. She thought back over the weave that she had done and the one she'd watched Amaranie do, trying to logic it out.

"What can make plants wither away? Time... Water rusts metal away. Air and water can wear dirt away, make it erode..." She knew she was just thinking out loud, but she hoped it would help. "Did your weave change at all after the sprout began?" she asked. "And are you supposed to leave it on the plant, or let it go? No, that makes no sense. How would you keep growing it."

She idly ran her finger along the bridge of her nose as she thought. "Maybe too much Earth and...Air? Not the right ratio, so it wore it away at super fast time?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik