With Wind and Rain [Attn: Tia Tomosan Sedai]

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: With Wind and Rain [Attn: Tia Tomosan Sedai]

Post by Bella » June 17th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Keeping her baby cloud hovering in front of her, raining a circle upon the dirt, Andra's dark eyes focused in on watching what Tia was doing with her own. The tiny threads of Water were perhaps a touch more...dexterous than the Kandori was used to managing, but she knew that she was capable.

Once Tia finished demonstrating and it was the Accepted's turn, she nodded once and then pulled on the thread of Air. They were not thin enough at first and she worked them smaller, barely a filament, that wound around the others.

The rain steadily grew colder until she watched it hitting the ground like little needles. More Water, threaded around to chill further and further, though the snow took a little more time than she expected. She was just starting to get worried that she was somehow doing it wrong and then watched the little needles turn into white pieces of fluff.

It was like a pillow that had been opened and tiny bits of cotton drifting to the ground. She was immediately amused, but didn't let that show as she let it snow for a little while and then finally let the weaves dissipate.

"When you create it practically entirely on your own," she began thoughtfully, "how much does something like this affect the weather around you? It must, though, even though it's your own creation. It must blend into the patterns around it once it's on a grand enough scale?" She lifted her curious eyes to the Green. She recalled the warnings, but wanted to understand, as best she could.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » June 20th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia watched Andraste closely as the Accepted threaded small filaments of water into the initial weave. She couldn’t help the warm smile as Andraste’s rain turned to fluffy flakes of snow. She was proving to be a fast learner, which meant the pair might not need the entire day for the lesson. Given the weather, the Aes Sedai wasn’t in a huge hurry to get back to the Tower. It was nice to be outside of its walls, even if for a short period of time.

Meeting Andraste’s gaze, Tia offered another small smile, “Even when you create something like this on your own, you are affecting the air pressure around you. It is hard not to, though we always want to try and keep things as balanced as possible. A small cloud like what you or I made here will have minimal impact on the things around us, but if I were to create wind or cloud to fill the entire valley before us, it would most certainly impact the weather around us.

“In general terms, air moves from areas of high pressure to low pressure, and when this happens, we feel it as wind. Storms tend to be lower pressure areas, so when we create rain or clouds, we’re moving air masses around to influence air pressure. The bigger our weave, the more area it encompasses, the more we impact the regions around us,” Tia explained. “To what degree? This is a harder question to answer. We can’t really experiment much because the impact could be detrimental in ways we can’t predict,” she added.

The Green sister looked out over the valley as she considered her answer, and whether to add to it, or if she’d given enough detail. “Using threads of Air to hold someone or in other ways won’t have much of an impact, but I don’t consider those things Cloud Dancing.” She paused for another moment, “Though, I am sure there are Indigos or Browns who may have thought about this in far more detail than I.”

Tia looked back to Andraste at this point and gave a wry smile, “I have given it some thought, but not to the same extent as they might. I know some may think us Greens are more about big booms and flash and such, but there’s a bit more to us than that.” She tilted her head slightly, “Speaking of Ajahs. . .have you considered which path you’ll chose when it is time for you to claim your Shawl?”

Bella

Post by Bella » June 22nd, 2017, 9:43 pm

As the Green Sister went on to explain things about the weather and their effect upon it, she listened closely. It all made sense, and it was like so many things in this world and this life. Nothing lived in isolation. Every act had an effect on other things, and that effect had to always be considered in one's life and action.

When Tia asked about Ajahs, however, Andra smiled again.

"Yes, Aes--" She paused and laughed softly, wryly, before correcting herself, "Tia. I plan to go Red." She paused again, this time thoughtfully, before she went on. "I considered the Blue, because justice is important. Having a cause to devote one's life to is important to me as well, and so there was appeal in that.

"However, I didn't feel that call to it, which so many channelers speak about. I also considered the Green." She flashed another smile at the Green beside her. "Although I could not appreciate it at the time, the rescue of you and you kin was something to be remembered, and I feel compelled to face things head on. To fight for things."

The Accepted turned her gaze back out over all the land that sat around the butte they stood on. "But...I don't see myself with armies, or engaging battles as such. Fighting, I can see. But there is something different between a battle and a fight.

"Red, though, is a specific fight to be sought out. Losing Chandra and Belenus as I did... I would spare others from that feeling. It is not about revenge, though. I thought about vengeance often when I was first here, but I have lived much since coming to this place and I do not see things the same as I used to. But I do see a purpose. And that purpose aligns me with the Red."

Another pause and then a sidelong smile. "And, of course, I was a Red in my third Arch."

Roan

Post by Roan » June 23rd, 2017, 1:51 pm

Tia Sedai
I plan to go Red.

It always struck Tia as odd that some small thing could bring forth memories and elicit strong emotional responses. The Aes Sedai had given Andraste a warm, amused smile when the Accepted stopped herself from using Tia’s title, but the smile wavered and was replaced with one that, while still warm, didn’t quite reach Tia’s eyes. It seemed even her heart skipped a beat, which struck the Aes Sedai as odd given it had been some time since that night in Jaryd’s chambers.

Aes Sedai Tia might be, and while those outside the Tower might consider all Aes Sedai wise and experienced, Tia felt she was neither. In many ways, she was still quite naive, and while Jaryd helped her explore some areas of her naivety, understanding the emotional complexities of relationships was still very new to her.

I need time. Her last words to him that night echoed in the depths of her mind. Time for what? Her heart still skipped a beat when she saw him at a distance, yet she knew his heart skipped a beat for another. By his own admission, he didn’t feel quite the same for Tia. So why, exactly, did she need time?

Realizing the silence between them stretched for far longer than might be comfortable, Tia cleared her throat and looked out across the valley, “Jaryd. . .The Red Ajah will be lucky to have you, Andraste. You will make a fine Aes Sedai and Red Sister once you’ve earned the Shawl.” She briefly looked to her, “And while I’d be proud to have you as a Green Sister, I certainly understand the reasons for your choice.”

Bella

Post by Bella » June 25th, 2017, 2:04 am

"Thank you, Tia," Andra replied sincerely, although her dark eyes were holding pretty intently on the Green. Something had shifted in the other woman, although the Accepted did not know her nearly well enough to make any guess about what. At first, she suspected it had something to do with her choice of Ajah, but that seemed unlikely.

It was strange sometimes to think of their differences in rank, considering the disparity of age was not much. They seemed more like compatriots than teacher and student.

"Is everything all right?" Andra finally decided to just ask. There didn't seem to be any pressing need to be obtuse or to ignore things. They were on this private butte, and while not especially close, the Kandori did see Tia as a friend. If there was something wrong, Andra could at least ask her about it.

Roan

Post by Roan » June 25th, 2017, 5:08 pm

Tia Sedai
Is everything all right?

Such a simple question which could be answered with a simple ‘yes,’ or ‘no,’ while at the same time bring emotions that are only just being kept at bay welling up to the surface. The Aes Sedai’s shoulders fell as she briefly looked to Andraste before shaking her head and looking at her feet. “I. . .am not entirely sure how to answer that question,” she answered.

Tia turned away from the cliff edge and took one slow step after another as thoughts of Jaryd and their last conversation swirled through her mind. It had been months since that night, and yet. . .and yet her heart still hurt just as much as it had the night she left Jaryd’s chambers. Coming to a long, low boulder, Tia sat on it, treating it like a bench. She leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees as she massaged the palm of one hand with the thumb on the other.

It was likely unheard of for an Aes Sedai to confide in an Accepted, but Tia had proven herself not to be anything close to a typical Aes Sedai. Andraste had been the first, and so far only, woman Tia’d had part in bringing to the Tower. Without intending to, the Green Sister kept tabs on Andraste’s progress on her path to attaining the Shawl. Along the way, she’d grown fond of the Kandori woman.

“It is complicated,” she finally managed. Furrowing her brows and looking out across the butte, Tia found words hard to come by but did her best to continue, “Some time ago, I became involved with someo. . .with Jaryd. If there was any hesitation in my response to your choice of Ajah, it is only because hearing of your choice brought up unexpected or unanticipated emotions.”

Looking to Andra, Tia offered a small smile before letting go a slow, deep breath, “I hadn’t been with anyone before him. . .I’d not even been in any kind of relationship. Neither of us wanted a committed relationship at the time. He was already a friend, but he became much more than that as time went on. Our relationship deepened as time went on, and my feelings for him deepened. I don’t think I fully realized the extent to which my feelings had changed until. . .”

Tia paused and swallowed down the knot that formed in her throat, and shook her head, letting go a soft, mirthless laugh, “The night of chaos when things went awry at the ball and Hama Valon was attacked. I went to him to seek comfort and counsel after what had proven a challenging evening for me, and he provided just that.

“Though as the evening wore on, he told me of what happened at the ball. As the conversation continued, it became clear his heart belonged to someone else,” the Aes Sedai said, letting go another sigh. “Anyway, hearing your choice of Ajah brought forward emotions I wasn’t expecting.” She tried to swallow back the knot at the back of her throat. Tears threatened to well up, but she desperately did not want to cry.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 27th, 2017, 4:34 pm

Ah, that would explain it. Andra smiled sympathetically and crossed the space between them, taking a seat beside her on the large rock. She recalled romances of her adolescence and those earlier heartbreaks. She married young, so there were not many, but she remembered the ones that there were.

"Matters of the heart... Yes, they can hurt, and are generally complicated," she agreed. It surprised her to know that it was Jaryd, although she wasn't really sure why. Of course, she also knew that love did not have to be so static--it did not have to be one or the other--but she did not think that now was the time to offer that thought.

She reached out and put her hand on Tia's arm. "That is a hard thing to have to deal with," she agreed. "I can understand why you would feel upset and unsettled."

Roan

Post by Roan » June 29th, 2017, 2:42 am

Tia Sedai
The Accepted who sat before Tia had a great deal more experience when it came to affairs of the heart than did the Green Sister. The woman had been married and had a lover before their paths crossed. Complicated. Understatement of the year, Tia thought.

She had looked out across the valley as she wrestled to keep her emotions in check, something that proved challenging since Andraste asked if everything was ok. What she didn’t understand was why, after these several months, she still had such a strong emotional response when her thoughts wandered back to him. Shouldn’t she just be able to move on?

A warm hand on her arm caught Tia off guard, and she looked first to Andraste’s hand before meeting the woman’s eyes. It was an unexpected gesture, and the Aes Sedai’s heart seemed to skip a beat as she stared into the Accepted’s brown eyes. In a futile effort to swallow down the knot at the back of her throat, Tia looked away, “Complicated and hard to deal with, but a lot of time has past since that night. . .since that conversation.

“I don’t know. . . I feel like I should have moved beyond all of it by now,” she said with a sigh, shaking her head slightly.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 1st, 2017, 2:00 pm

After a moment of offered comfort, Andra returned her hand to herself. She looked Tia over, and thought she saw...a bit of discomfort, or perhaps simply surprise, she couldn't tell. Either way, she determined that the moment had been enough and she would allow the other woman to have some space as well. Andra was never one to push.

"To say what 'should' be is to presume that this is a matter of the mind, which it is not," the Accepted pointed out. "This is a matter of the heart, and they are not to be dealt with on the time table of your mind. There is an element of grief to it, something felt to be lost, and grief works itself out in its own time. Like an entirely other entity.

"You know I know of what I speak," she said with a smile smile. "So stop telling yourself what 'should' or should not be feeling. Don't let it paralyze you, but let yourself feel it and it will rectify itself when it's ready."

Roan

Post by Roan » July 2nd, 2017, 2:32 am

Tia Sedai
“I. . .I don’t think I’ve let it paralyze me, but then I’ve been trying hard not to dwell,” Tia admitted. Without thinking about it, she ran her fingers over her arm where Andraste’s hand had been. She looked out over the valley once again, “I will be ok. I’m just. . .I don’t know what I am.”

Tia offered the other woman a small smile, “I appreciate your advice, and will take it to heart.” She wrinkled her nose, “Affairs of the heart are complex, and I feel out of my depth dealing with them, if I were honest.” She gave a breathy snort, “Wise enough for the Shawl but an ameture with affairs of the heart.”

She gave a soft, mirthless laugh, “None of this conversation, though, is teaching you the ways of Cloud Dancing, which is why we are out here, after all.” She tilted her head slightly as she regarded the Accepted sitting next to her, “You’ve gotten fog, clouds, rain, snow and wind all under control. There’s still lightning, if you’re interested?”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik