Wild Things on the Prowl (Tia and Andra)

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Re: Wild Things on the Prowl (Tia and Andra)

Post by Matty » April 18th, 2017, 9:48 am

Nate didn’t feel like he needed both Asha’man Grieck and Malwaen to keep an eye on him. He was at that point where he wanted to be as free as the clouds in the mountains around them – funny how even when they were in such a beautiful and open space as this, it was still possible to feel trapped.

However, he had no say in the matter, and simply smiled politely as the three of them went to one end of the butte away from the women. This was the perfect opportunity to show what he was capable of, and word would no doubt get back to Asha’man Gareth that he was doing quite excellently under supervision. Asha’man Grieck stood back, merely there to supervise – unless he was needed to intercept, he would simply observe and feed back to the other Yellows later that day. He seized Saidin long enough to form a small stool, and there he perched. “I’ve no skill with Cloud Dancing,” he said with a small smile, “perhaps I can pick up a trick or two.”

Learn in your own bloody time, came the rather gruff and unNatelike thought, but the Dedicated simply bowed his head to Asha’man Malwaen and answered his question as best he could. “I’ve done a few different things. The weave to make ice comes pretty easily, so I was using that in my Battle Weaves initially. But then after a… er… trip…” he wasn’t sure how much he ought to mention about their excursion but it was rather important, “I found that I was able to manipulate the wind – not just channel Air, but actually guide it. Then I made a small area rain ice, and then… there was lightning. It was all kind of haphazard, and I actually made the mistake of standing on a rock in an open area when doing it, so guess who got hit?” Nate thumped his fist to his forehead with a rueful chuckle; behind him, Grieck was shaking his head.

“It does sound as if you have a knack for the Talent,” Asha’man Malwaen said. “And that you’ve done a little bit of everything. Let’s start with cloud formations and fog. It’s similar to moving the wind, but- well, you’ll see. Seize Saidin and let us begin.”

Nate did just that, and he watched as the Asha’man deftly formed weaves of Air and some Water in order to make a fine mist in the air before and above them. It looked easy enough to copy, and the Dedicated did just that when instructed. Fog had certainly come in handy before – something Nate had not recalled until he saw the cloudy formation, another piece of his memory brought back regarding the bandits.

He made the fog easily enough, and clouds were really a broader extension of that.

“Tia Sedai has already covered this, but we cannot press the importance of not holding these weaves longer than needed. A fireball will hit a target and burn, but a lightning storm will shift the weather patterns even miles away if you are not careful. Fortunately, it is easier to coax the weather into doing what it is already inclined to do than it is to make it snow in the Aiel Waste, so making it rain here ought to not be as risky as if it were a clear day. This is the perfect place to practice. Now,” he pointed up at the clouds, and seizing Saidin he made them gather together. “See the way the clouds bunch together, and how I use Air to bring them in, locking the moisture with Water….”

Nate nodded his head as he looked on, eager to give it a try himself. The fog that they had made was dissipated at this point, and he reached out with his own thick strands of Air and Water to split the clouds, then gather them back together a few times. Air brought the clouds lower, or higher, and the urge was there to show off and split the clouds into three to do a juggling act, but Nate wasn’t quite that proficient and he was pretty sure it would earn him at least a slap on the wrist. “Like this, Asha’man?” he asked, but he was fairly confident in what he was doing.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » April 18th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Meanwhile, back in Saidar Land...

In her mind, Andra felt like the block against the Power might as well have been a stone-formed hut that had been built around her. Her frustration threw itself at the walls, battering her hands against them until her mental fists all but bled. She just could not understand what had happened, and every passing day made her frustration grow.

Outwardly, however, she did not let this show. She knew it would do no good to either of them to do so, and the Aes Sedai--nice as she was--did not need to hear the other woman's rantings.

Just like she could feel Tia embracing the One Power, she was also able to see the weaves she was drawing together. Their faint colorful threads were clear to her eyes, and almost mocked her in that fact. "Yes, Aes-- Tia. I am able to see what you're doing. Water and Air are decently strong for me, or were when I could touch them."

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » April 21st, 2017, 5:27 pm

Malwaen
Malwaen nodded, “Exactly like that. Good. Seeing how easily fog and clouds come, let’s move on to the next level.” The Asha’man still held Saidin and formed another cloud. This time, it was about ten feet higher than them, but not directly above them. “Add a bit more water to the weave and you can make rain by saturating the clouds,” Malwaen added and demonstrated.

Once a nice little puddle formed a few feet away, the Asha’man added a bit more air and water to the weave, “Adding more air and water will cool the system, and you can go from rain, to freezing rain and ultimately snow.” He dropped the weaves and started over, demonstrating the motions and the weaves, exaggerating each for his student’s benefit.

“Give it a try,” Malwaen suggested, flashing a coy smile to the Dedicated.
Tia Tomosan
Tia offered an encouraging smile, “I’m sure once you overcome your block, you’ll have no trouble with this particular weave. I know this has got to be less than ideal for you, but hopefully you can get something out of watching.” She dropped the weave and reformed it, making sure to exaggerate her motions to make it easier for the Accepted to see what she was doing.

“Once you’ve got cloud making down, it’s simply a matter of adding a bit more water to the weave to go from just clouds to making rain,” Tia continued her demonstration. She hesitated and then tilted her head, “This may sound silly, but perhaps try the hand motions to learn them?” She felt like she was flailing as an instructor and had no idea how to approach someone with a block.

The last thing she wanted was to exacerbate what was likely already a frustrating situation for Andraste, but at the same time, Tia wanted the woman to feel like she was getting something out of the lesson. Dropping the weaves and releasing Saidar, she looked out across the valley for a moment before facing Andraste once more. “I. . .have no idea if this is helping, or if it is perhaps more frustrating for you than anything. The Mistress of Novices thought it would be a good idea for me to work with you, though I don’t feel at all qualified to help.

“I am at a disadvantage, as I’ve never had a block, nor have I worked with anyone who has. I’m happy to show you the weaves I know as many times as you like...and more than happy to get together when you do overcome the block. What I don’t want to do is add to your frustration. I’m not entirely sure how to proceed, if that’s not blatantly obvious,” Tia admitted. She felt heat on her cheeks. Perhaps she shouldn’t have admitted feeling inadequate to an Accepted, but she wasn’t the kind of woman to put on airs, nor was she the kind of person to pretend to be better than someone else just because of rank or standing.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » April 22nd, 2017, 11:10 pm

Although it continually surprised her, Andra continued to be appreciative of Tia's earnestness. The Kandori smiled slightly. "To be quite honest, I don't think anything could add to my frustration. I have hit the peak levels so it can only be straight or down from here. I appreciate your being willing to show me, since then when..." If. "...I break the block, I will know the path I want to go to.

"I think Cloud Dancing is the path I want to follow...when I can. If you could continue to at least tell me about the different weaves and the cautions, I would appreciate it."

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » April 30th, 2017, 7:52 pm

It wasn't that Nate didn't appreciate the effort the Asha'man went through to teach him. He did, and he knew it was important to do this properly in order to show the Yellows he was a good lad and he deserved to be a Dedicated. No, that he deserved to be an Asha'man. But it wasn't always easy for the man to concentrate, and as Nate didn't feel like he was being pushed, he did sort of start to wander a little mentally. Get a grip Nate, you won't ever get Raised if you don't pay attention! So he focussed hard on what Asha'man Malwaen was doing, even though the way to form the weaves did not come to the Dedicated as a massive surprise. He'd done this before. He wasn't a dumbass no matter how many people thought he was by his nickname.

Nate did everything he was supposed to. He nodded when it was his turn to channel, and he went through the motions as instructed. Rain, cold rain, snow, it was all a sliding scale and Nate dancing between the temperatures easily. He wasn't an expert, but he knew he had a knack for it. Channelling in this way reminded him of doing so on top of the rock, faced by the fog and the bandits. You've got this Nate, just don't mess it up.

He was pleased when the rain and the freezing rain fell without issue. The snow fell as well, though it was much softer and less violent than Nate had grown accustomed to Cloud Dancing being. He always thought about it in terms of how he could best destroy his opposition because that was all he had ever done with it - kicked asses - but seeing the snow fall he knew that there was a calmer, more practical side to it that he was going to have to learn to appreciate. Nate had to be less like the wind and more like the snow, drifting calmly.

The Dedicated took a deep breath and let any impatience wash over him in the void. Nate had been out of action for long enough and this was just one step back into his training, no need to get grouchy in Asha'man Malwaen's direction.

"Are you alright, Nate?" asked the Yellow from behind, where he was still perched on his stool.

"I'm fine!" Nate insisted, glad that channelling kept the irritation from his voice. Had Grieck noticed the tension in his shoulders, or the shuffling of his feet? Nate released Saidin and looked to his teacher, ready for his next lesson. Lightning, probably. He was pretty okay with that one as well. "How was that?" he asked his teacher, not needing compliments to boost his ego but knowing he had done a reasonable enough job. He was more than ready to show he could do whatever came up next. Though he did realise that in channelling, between them they had altered the weather of the area slightly. Only in a very small area, but even this new addition to the environment had a miniscule effect on the world around them. It was odd to witness, and it caught Nate's attention in a way that it hadn't before. It was enough to make him genuinely zone out a little and listen to his weathersense. Just when he thought he was getting used to it there was some facet that took him by surprise.

Roan

Post by Roan » May 8th, 2017, 4:09 pm

Tia Tomosan and Malwaen Asha'man
Tia couldn’t begin to imagine the frustration Andraste must feel at suddenly not being able to channel, but she was more than happy to take the time to explain the different weaves that were a part of Cloud Dancing. From manipulating wind to make vortexes, to creating lightning, Tia explained each and every one, demonstrating each as she did so. No, Andra might not be able to channel, but showing her now would help when the woman would be able to channel again.

As the pair of them wrapped up, Tia suggested they join Nate and the others, figuring their day away from the Tower would be wrapping up soon. As the pair approached, Tia heard Nate ask, “How was that?”

Malwaen nodded, “That was quite good. The skills you have shown me today suggest you are not new to Cloud Dancing. In fact, it seems each of the weaves I’ve shown you thus far are almost second nature to you. I do wonder if perhaps you find these lessons a bit basic for the talent you’ve shown.” The Asha’man didn’t pose his statement as a question, but more a rhetorical remark, and didn’t give the Dedicated a chance to respond. “We shall finish up with Lightning, but given what I have seen thus far, I am curious to know if you perhaps already know how to produce lightning? If so, then by all means, show me.”

The Asha’man moved closer to the edge of the butte and pointed to the opposite side of the valley, “See the outcrop over there? I want you to hit it with lightning. . .that is if you know the weave. If you don’t, then not to worry, I am happy to demonstrate. I am curious just how deep your talent runs, though, and thought you might like a chance to let it shine through.”

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » May 10th, 2017, 6:49 am

Nate affected modesty at the Asha'man's words, but there was a slight gleam in his eye that said: I know. It wasn't intentional, and the rest of his body language showed he was all ears for what the man was saying, but he was aware of his skills and his limits with Cloud Dancing - at least in his own mind - and was it so wrong to agree with the truth? Nate's gaze flickered across as the other three on the butte returned to their side, but then he gave Asha'man Malwaen a salute. Lightning, on the other side of the valley. He could do that, certainly.

So Nate looked back at the gaping chasm before them, and drew on as much Saidin as he was comfortable with before drawing on Fire and Air, reaching into the sky and extending his threads further than he had before. Less chance of being struck by lightning if it went wrong, he supposed, but the thought was fleeting and Nate was all focus.

Lightning, his lightning, cracked from the clouds and lit the sky as it hit the outcrop at a safe distance away. The roll of thunder followed ever so shortly after and Nate shivered, the hair on his arms and the back of his neck tingling in anticipation. The clouds above the outcrop were growing thicker and darker, and in quick succession Nate followed his first attempt with three more bolts of lightning which struck in the specified area. There was no denying the static in the air and the way the world seemed to shift as the weather patterns altered, but was this exclusive to Nate?

Showing off a little, Nate went on to make the area across from them thick with fog, so the outcrop was much harder to see. Still, it was possible to see the rain that fell in a light shower, especially when Nate threw some more lightning that way. It felt natural in the Dedicated's hands, almost like holding the hammer, and Nate was proud as he stood and admired his handiwork. Of course, like a reasonable fellow he removed the fog and the rain before releasing Saidin as he didn't want to skew the weather even more.

"It's going to thunder again later," he knew. "Or at least there's a storm incoming and I think it's something to do with us."

Roan

Post by Roan » May 11th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Tia and Malwaen
Malwaen watched Nate as the Dedicated pulled together threads and unleashed lightning on the specified outcrop. He was about to comment when Nate carried on to create fog and rain before unleashing more lightning. It was pretty clear the young man was adept at Cloud Dancing and didn’t need to be taught so much as guided. The Asha’man cast a glance to Tia before giving a slight, knowing nod towards Nate.

Tia’s lips twitched in a bit of a slight smirk as she watched Nate. Soon enough, mini-storm began to dissipate, and Nate’s show and tell was seemingly over. “It’s going to thunder again later, or at least there’s a storm incoming and I think it’s something to do with us,” the Dedicated announced.

Malwaen exchanged another look with Tia, “He’s not wrong.” The Aes Sedai knew Nate wasn’t wrong. The pressure felt different than it did when they first arrived. Changes in air pressure dictated weather. It was something Tia was aware of, and understood on some level. The first time she’d ever created a vortex, she felt the pressure shift with low pressure drawing in her threads of air. Storms followed lower pressure, blue skies high.

When the group arrived at the butte, things had been stable, but were less so now thanks to their meddling. Was it something Tia could adjust? Perhaps, but without knowing how things had shifted, and where high pressures moved relative to the low, added meddling could make it worse.

“Perhaps we should go before the storm hits, then,” Tia suggested. She looked to Malwaen, “Care to get us back to the Tower?”

“Certainly.” A moment later, a gateway appeared. The Gaidin went through first. Tia looked to the two mid-ranks and motioned to the gateway, “After you.” The Yellow Asha’man was right on their heals, not wanting his charge to get too far from his line of site. Tia followed, and not long after, Malwaen joined them, the gateway snapping shut behind him.
Spoiler: show
I hope this is ok for you both. I leave it up to you if you reply or if you want to use this as the closing post. Let me know if either of you need something more from the thread that wasn't covered.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik