Chasing Storms, attn: Roan

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Chasing Storms, attn: Roan

Post by Alianora » September 26th, 2016, 10:26 pm

Liaran
Dark grey clouds covered the sky above the Grey Tower, causing the Accepted who stood underneath them to frown. Liaran had intended to take a walk during her free time, but studying the clouds made the Accepted reconsider whether that was the best idea. She could see darker clouds gathering slightly north of the Tower, and the streaks running through them told Liaran that if it was not raining currently, it would be shortly. Wind swept past her, whipping her skirt against her legs. The feel of the wind, something the Sea Folk woman was very familiar with, made Liaran wonder if it weren't possible to delay the storm, just for a short time. She had never attempted such an act before, instead using her control over the winds to guide her ship away from a storm, but Liaran didn't think it could be that difficult to cause the opposite effect, and she decided to try it herself.

Rain began to sprinkle as she changed direction, heading to the Channeling Yards instead of the garden. It was empty, hardly a surprise on such an afternoon, so Liaran found that she had the middle of it all to herself. She opened herself to saidar and tilted her head back to get a better look at the sky. For a few minutes, she just observed the storm, noting that its course was indeed continuing towards the Grey Tower, and when she felt certain of its direction, pulled two thick threads of Air. She extended those towards the edge of the storm, intending to redirect the winds and the clouds. For a minute, she thought she'd forced the storm away, but the effect didn't last long before the clouds were coming at the Tower again. The Accepted scowled, then added a thinner thread of Water to the Air she held, forming a sort of braid from the three of them. She would have liked to have tried more Air as well, but it didn't come easily to her, and she already held as much of it as she could. Liaran pushed her creation towards the storm, which seemed to her to be quite a bit more difficult with the threads braided together. When her weaving reached the storm's edges, it did seem to work better than her previous attempt, but the effect was still far from what Liaran had hoped for and something didn't seem quite right. She held tightly to her weaving, determined to make the thing work. Focused only on the sky, Liaran never noticed the entrance of another person into the Channeling Yards.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Chasing Storms, attn: Roan

Post by Roan » September 30th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Tia Tomosan
Before discovering her talent and love of Cloud Dancing, Tia always enjoyed the weather, and its variability. Learning of her talent, she became more aware of what the weather around her was doing, whether storms were gaining strength as they approached, or dissipating. Electrical storms were magical in their way, and she would happily watch them pass at all hours of the day or night. The passion she felt for the weather waned after her time in the collar with the Seanchan. Her passion for just about everything seemed to wane.

The nightmares still came, despite the time that had passed, and despite now being an Aes Sedai. Fully raised she might be, but she was still Tia Tomosan. The woman had the grace and composure of an Aes Sedai as she walked the grounds of the Tower, but within the depths of her soul, a storm still raged. Closure from her capture and torture seemed a long way off.

The Green Sedai found herself in the Channeling Yards just as rain started to fall. Feeling the chill of another woman channeling, Tia looked towards the only person currently in the Yards. Had she found a fellow Cloud Dancer in the Accepted? The only other one she knew was Durent Asha’man, and she hadn’t seen him in an age and a day. Standing back and observing, Tia realized the woman was trying to push the storm away, first just with air, and then with a braid of air and water.

“To dance with the weather, one dares to tempt fate,” Tia spoke with a small smile and a hint of warmth in her tone. “Have you much experience working with the weather, Accepted? Do you know of the risks involved?”

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 4th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Liaran
Liaran flinched when she heard a voice addressing her which she had not been expecting. She had been startled enough by it that she accidentally let go of the Air and Water braid, and swore under her breath as it disappeared into the storm. She whirled in the direction the voice had coming from, intending to snap at whoever had distracted her. She didn't recognize the woman, but she had called Liaran "Accepted" which suggested that she was likely looking at an Aes Sedai she did not know and that snapping at her would not be a wise decision. With some effort, the Accepted breathed deeply, forcing back her frustration and the insult she'd felt from the woman's questions. It was difficult for her not to inform the woman that she was a trained Windfinder and perfectly capable of weaving the winds without supervision and it took the Accepted several moments reminding herself that she had chosen to leave that life behind her before she felt capable of answering civilly.

She had offered the expected curtsy even as she tried to calm herself down, but Liaran hoped she hadn't made the Aes Sedai wait too long for the answer to her questions. If she had, she'd likely find herself making the very trip to the Mistress of Novices that she had been trying to avoid by taking the time to control herself before speaking. "Yes, I have experience with the weather and know the dangers of interfering with it," she said. "I served as Windfinder for a short time, and as an apprentice several years before that," Liaran explained, if rather reluctant to share that detail. "So I know how to work with the winds, and the currents of the ocean. What I don't know is how to get this storm to go away....and that may not be the only thing I don't know," she finished quietly. She hated admitting that, feeling that it reflected badly on her Windfinder instructors, but it was true, as her failure with the storm demonstrated.

Roan

Post by Roan » October 12th, 2016, 6:08 pm

Tia Tomosan
The way the Accepted spun around suggested Tia caught her off guard and flustered her, as well. Aes Sedai Tia might be, but she wasn't so far removed from the learning ranks to recall what it was like to jump whenever a full rank was near. There was need for discipline, yes, but Tia wasn't in charge of the learning ranks, and had no intention of coming across as a 'strict and cold' channeler to those who were likely still trying to learn their way. Thus, she showed the Accepted patience when it took her a bit to regain her composure.

Tia quirked a brow, though, with the woman's reply, "I see. . .so you know the dangers of interfering with the weather, yet you still wish to understand how to make this storm go away." She paused, letting her words sink in, "I know on the sea it is likely important to guide the winds which your vessels rely on, and I will admit I know very little about what Windfinders do. Having said that, I know enough about the weather, and what it takes to work with the weather to know that trying to push this storm away, or dispelling it could create havoc elsewhere, and bring forth destruction to others in far off places.

"As a rule, it is generally frowned upon to push storms away or alter natural weather patterns unless those weather patterns could prove dangerous to the area," Tia explained. She looked up and took a deep breath, knowing this storm was nothing more than a fall shower, "This particular storm brings water that might be needed by the Tower Gardens, or those in Hama Valon. Why would you wish to make it go away?" She was careful to keep her tone light and cheerful, as she didn't intend to scold unless there was need for it. "Are you just curious about what it would take, and you want to learn the skills and weaves involved?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 16th, 2016, 3:00 am

Liaran
Liaran had difficulty recalling the last time she'd felt as ignorant as she did at this moment. She had trouble even looking at the Aes Sedai while she explained the dangers of manipulating the storm. The Accepted herself never would have thought that moving one storm could cause as many problems as the other woman described, especially when she hadn't intended to alter its path by very much. It was embarrassing to learn how wrong she'd been. The Accepted looked down at her slippers, berating herself for not having thought more about the possible consequences before her misguided attempts to interfere with the storm. She felt much as if she were a small child again, one who needed a good scolding, even if the Aes Sedai's voice sounded more curious about her than angry. The Accepted forced herself to look up and meet the other woman's eyes. There was no anger in the other woman's expression, which helped Liaran to relax, if not by much.

"I just wanted to know if it could be done," Liaran said, rather hesitantly. She hated the way her voice shook, and reminded herself that despite this error in her judgment, she was still a trained Windfinder, capable of calling and guiding the winds themselves to take her ship quickly to port. She did possess the ability to work with the weather, even if her current skills were not ones which would be easily acknowledged by many of the Aes Sedai. "As a Windfinder, I never learned to do anything that was not directly related to calling the winds. So while I can do that rather well, I feel that I've missed learning other skills, and I think I have much to learn about working with all sorts of weather instead of specializing in such a small part of it." Liaran had no idea if that was the answer the woman had wanted, but as it was the truth, it would just have to do.

Roan

Post by Roan » November 9th, 2016, 7:20 pm

Tia Tomosan
Tia listened attentively, and offered the woman a warm smile, “I have a great deal of respect for Windfinders because I find you have a finesse when it comes to the wind that I doubt I will ever possess. I’ve been told I’m a strong Cloud Dancer, so I can call on all facets of the weather, but to have such fine control as a Windfinder?” She shrugged, “I wouldn’t trade my gifts for anything, but I admit admiration.

“As for the storm you wished to move, it most certainly can. The bigger the storm, though, the harder it would be to move. And. . .as I mentioned before, imposing your will on an act of nature can have unforeseen consequences,” Tia explained.

The Aes Sedai looked up and watched the clouds dance with the changing currents of the winds, then looked back to the Accepted, “What other aspects of Cloud Dancing interest you? Perhaps I could teach you a few things. . .that is, if you’d be interested. There may be a class you could take if you prefer something more formal, but I am happy to help where I can.”

The odd rain drop began to fall, and Tia looked back up to the storm. “I don’t mind getting wet, though I would also be happy to meet tomorrow, after the storm has passed. I leave it up to you to decide.”

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » November 15th, 2016, 11:33 pm

Liaran
Liaran smiled at the Aes Sedai. "I'd like to spend time learning from you, if you have that time," she answered. "I can't think of an aspect of Cloud Dancing that doesn't interest me, and with time I'd like to learn everything I'm capable of doing." Liaran was aware that that goal would take her years, and fell silent for a minute as she tried to decide what might be best to learn first. It did not take her as long as she had thought it would to make a decision. "I think I'd especially like to learn how to create weather, because I haven't done that very often. I can make winds stronger or weaker if I want to, but on the ships we work much more to control what already exists. I haven't woven entirely new winds more than perhaps twice," she admitted.

The Accepted reached up, pulling a wet curl out of her eyes. She hadn't really noticed while she was preoccupied with the storm, but the rain seemed to be increasing again. "I think tomorrow might be a better time for a class, I don't know that it would be a good idea for me to add anything else to the weather when this storm is blowing in," she said. "If you don't mind, that is."

Roan

Post by Roan » December 1st, 2016, 9:50 pm

Tia Tomosan
A soft rumble sounded in the distance, and continued to rumble through the mountains. Part of Tia relished thunderstorms in the mountains, and how the thunder seemed to roll on forever. As the noise seemed to ebb, she looked up towards the sky, rain drops hitting her face, and she gave a soft laugh, "No. . .today would not be a good day for a lesson."

The Aes Sedai looked to Liaran and gave a small, but warm smile, "But tomorrow at about the same time would work fine for me." She embraced the source once more and wove a Ward to protect the pair of them from the rain. With that done, she pulled together threads of air and dried them both off, "I think we might start with creating fog and clouds first. Once a person can master clouds, producing rain from them is nearly a simple matter. From there, we can try for snow and ice."

Another ripple of thunder echoed across the Channeling Yards and Tia motioned for them to move towards the Tower, "We can work with wind if you like, but it sounds like you already have plenty of experience with it and could likely teach me a thing or two." She looked to Liaran and offered another smile, "But I can teach you how to channel lightning. We'll save that for last, as it can be quite dangerous.

"We might need more than one session together, though. It's quite a lot to learn. Does that sound acceptable?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 9th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Liaran
The rain fell harder, but that didn't bother Liaran. It appeared to her that the Aes Sedai felt differently as she wove something complicated that Liaran's eyes couldn't quite follow. The rain abruptly stopped, and weaves of Air brushed by her, drying her dress and herself more quickly than anything but the Power could have done. She nodded at the Aes Sedai. "Tomorrow at this time is fine," she said. "I'd love to learn how to do all those things, although I think it might take me some time to learn to create snow and ice. I haven't had much experience with weather that cold."

She followed the Aes Sedai, who had begun to walk back to the Tower as the sounds of thunder grew nearer. "If you'd like, I can show you how we work with the winds on the ships," Liaran offered, though the Accepted frowned slightly even as she said it, uncertain whether other Windfinders would approve of her sharing their weaves with an Aes Sedai. Does it matter? she asked herself, You're not one of them anymore. She could have dwelt on the subject longer, reminding herself of a decision already made, but the Aes Sedai recaptured her attention with the mention of lightning weaves, something Liaran suspected her ability with Fire would aid her in learning. "I'll look forward to learning that, Aes Sedai, when you think I am ready for it," she said, already eager for that day to come. "I don't mind if we have to meet many times to cover everything."

Roan

Post by Roan » December 15th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Tia Tomosan
Tia gave a slight nod, "I would be curious about the weaves your people use to control the winds, but I would suggest we focus on showing you what else is involved with Cloud Dancing." Truth be told, Tia was surprised the Accepted offered to show her the Windfinder weaves. She would have imagined such knowledge would be a closely held secret. If the young woman's people found out she was sharing such knowledge, what kind of trouble would she be in?

As much as Tia wanted to learn other ways to manipulate the weather, she didn't want to do it if the cost would see the Accepted in some sort of trouble. Though. . .could her people, or would they find out? Perhaps Tia could find out more before the pair of them went down that road. Perhaps Tia was over-thinking the situation.

Once the pair reached a covered walkway, Tia dropped the ward and let go of the Source. “So. . .we have a plan, a time to meet and a place to meet. Until tomorrow, then, Accepted.” The Aes Sedai inclined her head before heading off in a new direction to attend other business.
The Next Day Tia hadn’t tried teaching anyone the various weaves she knew for Cloud Dancing, and found she was ridiculously excited for the chance to share her knowledge. She was also excited at the chance of learning the weaves of Windwalkers, though she was hoping to discuss the matter with an Asha’man she’d not properly met, but it was well known he left his family and his role as a Windwalker to join the Tower. She’d sent him a query to see if they could meet and discuss the possibility, or whether such things were meant to be held close to a Windwalker’s chest.

The weather was much better than it had been the day before, if not a tad cooler. Tia was in form fitting breeches, a white shirt and a black doublet with a dark green cloak to help keep the chill at bay.

The Channeling Yards were a bit busier thanks to the clear weather, but the Aes Sedai found a spot out of the way where she and Liaran could work without being disturbed or getting in anyone’s way.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik