Breaking Bauklötze (for Tia)

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Breaking Bauklötze (for Tia)

Post by Matty » August 4th, 2016, 9:58 pm

Nathaniel Carridus It wasn't every day that a man was paired to train with an Accepted. It wasn't uncommon, but Nate was just a Soldier, and he was only just getting the hang of channelling reliably. The fact that this Accepted was the great great grandkid of the Amyrlin, or some such descendant, was known to Nate, as well as her, erm, violent history. It should have instilled a bit of fear into him but honestly, Nate was just happy to be given the excuse to channel. He enjoyed being a Soldier more than he did a Drin, because it felt like he was actually getting somewhere with it.

She was a pretty thing, Nate knew that much from asking around. People's opinions seemed to be mixed depending on what one thought of the Amyrlin, and anyone who erred on the side of sensible (read: Boring) had an ample, probably appropriate, amount of fear that seemed to extend to descendants of the woman who ran the Grey Tower. Well, Nate was sure he would wet his breeches if he ever came across the Amyrlin, but until such a day he was going to be his usual self and if she got upset about him treating her like a normal Accepted, then too bloody bad.

The powers that be were mysterious in their reasons for putting him with the Accepted. He could link with her he supposed, if she showed him how, but then he would be the one doing the channelling. How could she teach him anything? Oh well, he would not question the powers of plot devices. It would be interesting to see how Saidar worked too, he had to admit, though it was probably not as cool as Saidin.

His letter told him to meet the Accepted at one of the classrooms near the channelling yards. They would need plenty of space to channel, and the Soldier quietly hoped they would get to use some really cool Cloud Dancing moves. He wanted to try them out. The Soldier tried so very hard to scrub up and look presentable to an Accepted but his hair was still scruffy, his facial hair fuzzy, and even buttoned up his shirt and coat looked like they were trying to open themselves. They would be opened over the course of the day. The man did his best to make a good impression by bringing along a small basket of breakfast foods, from bread rolls to cheese wheels to a small leg of chicken. Oh, there was some fruit as well. Women liked fruit, didn't they? Fruit and smiles and kisses. He was good at providing the first two.

The man paced the room, hands stuffed in his pockets and the basket sitting on one of the few desks in the room. It wasn't a room which saw much use, it was more of a meeting point before heading out to the Channelling Yards really. He was eager to get started with what he hoped to be an interesting day, especially because the sun was shining and it promised to be as warm as it ever bloody got around these parts. He might even be able to remove his coat.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Breaking Bauklötze (for Tia)

Post by Roan » August 8th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Tia Tomosan
Tia was confused as she made her way towards the Channeling Yards. She read the letter three times, and still assumed there was some kind of mistake. How could she train a Soldier? They couldn’t see what she was doing with the Source, though he would feel her channeling, but she would have no idea when he was channeling. Did someone get confused?

The Accepted was not typically one to get annoyed with assignments given to her, but this one did frustrate her somewhat, as it seemed like it might end up being a waste of her time, not to mention a waste of the Soldier’s time. The scroll, though, seemed specific. Meet the Soldier in the assigned classroom near the channeling yards.

As Tia walked through the corridors, she reached up and undid her hair before quickly braiding it again to keep most of it out of her eyes. Those green eyes focused on where she was going, ignoring the leering looks she was given by some she passed. She didn’t need to learn how to ignore such looks, as it was something she’d done since joining the learning ranks. As an Accepted, she’d received fewer such looks, at least until the Seanchan attacks. The looks she’d gotten since then seemed to cut much deeper than those she’d gotten as a Novice.

No matter. . .Tia was a Sha’hal, and she would carry on with her head held high, at least outwardly. Inwardly? Well, her brother wouldn’t let her isolate herself again the way she did after her Arches, and she wanted to prove to her family and friends that she was as resilient as any of them. Pushing any thoughts of self-doubt aside, Tia smoothed out the front of her banded dress and entered the assigned classroom.

Her eyes were first drawn to the small basket on one of the desks, which struck her as odd, but then she looked to the man who’d turned as she entered. He was a bit scruffy, in a way, but clearly attractive, in a manner. He was nearly as tall as her father, and Zeen for that matter, though he didn’t seem quite as broad in the shoulders as either of the other two.

Arching a brow in a manner that rather resembled her mother, Tia asked, “Soldier Carridus? I am not sure why we have been assigned to work with each other given I cannot feel or see when you channel, but someone figured it beneficial for us to spend some time together.” She offered a small, but warm smile, “Though it does beg the question. . .where do we begin?”

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » August 12th, 2016, 12:39 am

Well well well... Nate turned at the sound of approaching footsteps, his friendly smile on his face. The Accepted who walked through the door was a lovely specimen. Did she share a resemblance with the Amyrlin? No idea! Nate had never seen the woman up close, and didn't care to either. No, he would happily settle for lessons with her grandchild or whatever she was, instead.

With a gentleman's bow, Nate would have made his instructors proud. However, the grin on his face was a little telling, his bright eyes a bit too cheeky. "Light shine on you Accepted. I am Soldier Nathaniel Carridus... but why be so formal? Please, just call me Nate. We're all friends here." He turned back to grab the basket, holding it out as a peace offering. "Where to start, hrmm? We could start with you telling me your name... and accepting this basket of lunch as a token of friendship. We're going to get to know each other well I hope, and we can't train without full stomachs. My Da used to say, 'a full stomach is a full mind!', usually followed with 'and that's why you're always hungry, because your head is empty!'." With a chuckle Nate considered her question a little more seriously. Where could they begin, indeed? Not knowing how the other channelled was tough. But they were here, and they ought to make a show of it.

"I suppose it could be some sort of test for an Accepted. Take her into a strange situation and see how she works, maybe?" Nate took one of the seats, one boot lifting to rest on a nearby chair as well. Arms folded lazily, he smiled up at the woman. "We could always try linking, if you wanted? I'm no expert but I can channel reliably enough. I've no idea how Saidar feels, so you could always teach me about that. And I could show you some weaves, maybe? They're probably not the same with Saidar but it could be fun, right?" Any excuse to channel was fine with Nate, who found the restriction on unsupervised channelling to be ridiculous and unhelpful in his development.

The Accepted didn't seem too much of a snob, which was nice enough for Nate. He was not the most formal of people, introductions aside, and he wanted to be able to enjoy himself with a pretty Accepted if that was how he had to spend his day, instead of looking at some more entertaining battle weaves with the other Soldiers. "If you want to snack first though, that's fine with me. Plenty for you to feast on in here - the basket, I mean."

Roan

Post by Roan » August 19th, 2016, 6:08 pm

Tia Tomosan
Tia found herself laughing softly despite herself. There was also the hint of a blush when he suggested there was plenty to snack on, though the Accepted didn’t allow herself to dwell on the comment, and instead cleared her throat. Formality between the different learning ranks was so ingrained in her, that Nate’s candor was quite refreshing. Perhaps more importantly, he didn’t eye her up and down as if she was a monster, or revolting, which had been standard for most since the Seanchan attack. Regardless of where the ‘lesson’ went, the chance to relax a bit, and be around someone who didn’t think of her as a murderer would surely be a nice change.

“Very well, Nate,” she replied with a tilt of her head. “Here, between just us, you can call me Tia. Unfortunately, formality is the norm outside of this classroom, so out there, and around others, Accepted, or Accepted Tomosan would likely be wise. Friendly advice? Not all Accepted or Dedicated would be as. . .understanding as me, and you may find even fewer Aes Sedai and Asha’man who would be amenable to such informal acquaintances.” She took the offered basket, and as she glanced inside, her stomach reminded her she’d not eaten since morning. The way to a girl’s heart?

“Your father sounds like a wise man, though were his words about you accurate? Given your suggestions, I suspect not,” she said with another warm smile. Placing the basket on a desk opposite him, she sat down, and considered what next, “It could be a test, though it is not much of one. I won’t be able to see or feel you channel, as I said. You will be able to feel me touch the source, though, and we can certainly go through that so you know what it feels like.”

Pulling the basket closer, Tia looked in once again as she mulled over the idea of linking. In the aftermath of the Seanchan attack, she learned more about the a’dam, and how it forced a link between Sul’dam and Damane. It was similar to a voluntary link, but different in that the Sul’dam was in control. Could she handle the idea of linking with someone she’d just met?

Without looking up, Tia continued, “I am not sure about linking today. Perhaps later. We’ll see.” She found a nice sausage and pulled it out, along with a knife. After cutting off the tip, she cut a few slices and offered the sausage to Nate, “Though I do think demonstrating what it feels like when a woman channels might be useful. I can do weaves, but you won’t be able to see the weaves themselves, just what they manipulate.” She looked back to him as she ate one of the slices of sausage, “We can do that in the Channeling Yards....after some lunch.”

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » August 21st, 2016, 10:09 pm

The Accepted's advice was well meant and Nate took it as such, smiling her way. "Don't worry, I wouldn't be so casual with Asha'man or Aes Sedai. I'm not looking to work on a farm for a year because someone doesn't like being called their name, or using mine." He gave a wink and went on, "I knew you would be understanding though. Probably. At least, you were likely to. It was a risk that paid off and now we're jolly good friends so all in all I'd say that was a success."

He let out a chortle at the suggestion his father was wise. Letting Tia examine the basket and help herself to anything she wanted in there, he said "oh Light, anyone would think my Da wise until they met him. The more you know of the fellow the more dense you may find him. But he means well. That's probably where I get it from." He knuckled his forehead, though the twinkle of his eye said he was sharper than he was letting on and they both knew it. Though Tia tilted her pretty head down as she looked at the basket and Nate was left watching her, his gaze lingering but not for too long as she took out a sausage and, well, oh my, she certainly knew her way around that piece of meat. Nate winced at the tip being cut off and barely recovered before Tia was holding the length out to him as some sort of... meat offering to make up for the fact that they wouldn't be linking. Not one to turn down food, Nate took it with thanks and happily munched away. (The benefits of creating a picnic basket? You could pick all the awesome stuff you liked for it. What great taste he had!) It was the size and girth of one which was supposed to be cut off in slices but hey, they were all friends here and Nate wasn't a gentleman when it came to table manners. It all ended up in the same place so why take the time to prep everything so fastidiously?

"I for one would love to know how you feel," Nate paused as he took a bread roll and some cheese before he continued, "when you channel." He set the half-munched on sausage down and helped himself to some more of the cheese. He left the fruit, because fruit was a woman's food in his eyes (though he would never admit that.) He was being kind by leaving it for Tia, so he didn't eat it all himself. Right? "It would be useful for my learning," Nate went on a little more seriously, "and I've never been near a woman when she was channelling before so I need to be prepared. At least I'll know when I'm about to get my bottom pinched if I can feel someone seizing Saidar... erm... or whatever it is you do to Saidar. Cuddle it. Embrace it?"

Tia looked so serious, and it was a look Nate didn't like on her. Not that it was unpleasant, just that her smile was much more appealing. "I don't know what sort of channelling you have in mind," he said, "But we could always do it in here. It saves having to go outside and have all those pesky Soldiers and Novices looking our way and wagging their tongues in that way children always do." Nate let out a dramatic, exaggerated yawn, "it's kind of nice to work in private, away from the hubbub of it all if you ask me! Which you didn't, but I'm telling you now. We could start with balls of light, see how they feel, and upgrade to... bigger balls of light. The excitement never ends in the world of a Soldier." He yanked the sausage back up with a grin and took a hearty bite, a move which he thought was pretty suave. At least, until he choked on the mouthful and eventually had to swallow it with tears in his eyes and his cheeks as red as... as red as a thing that was red.

"I'm fine!" he insisted with a wheeze. "So fine! Never better!" Oh Light, making a fool of himself and they hadn't even shared a meal together yet.

Roan

Post by Roan » August 28th, 2016, 7:09 pm

Tia
"I for one would love to know how you feel…”

Nate’s pause gave Tia cause to pause, as well, and she felt heat on her cheeks, wondering what he meant before he continued.

“When you channel. It would be useful for my learning, and I've never been near a woman when she was channelling before so I need to be prepared. At least I'll know when I'm about to get my bottom pinched if I can feel someone seizing Saidar... erm... or whatever it is you do to Saidar. Cuddle it. Embrace it?"

The shy, almost embarrassed smile couldn’t be helped, and she all but stuttered, “Embrace. . .women embrace it, men seize it.” She wasn’t sure Nate even heard her when he started talking about balls of light and bigger balls of light. She was about to repeat herself when he began choking on a piece of sausage. The irony of the moment was lost on Tia, who was perhaps too naive for her own good.

Giving him a dubious look, Tia asked, “Are you certain?”

“Never better!” Nate insisted yet again.

Was he blushing? Surely not? Why would he?

Tia gave her best reassuring smile, “Perhaps take a couple of deep breaths and slow down. For the record, I’d be perfectly happy staying in the classroom with you instead of heading out there.” She nodded towards the door, and the hall that eventually led to the Channeling Yards. She’d gotten enough looks when she had the ‘channel off’ with Zeen when they both showed off their respective talents. The looks she’d gotten lately she’d much rather do without, and didn’t feel like adding fuel to whatever fire had people’s tongues wagging. (How much of it was in her head, though, was an entirely different matter, and one she wasn’t willing to give any extra thought to, stubborn as she was.)

“Perhaps balls of light would be a good start, though given the fit you’ve just had, I wonder if I should delve you first. Make sure you’re not being a stubborn, pig headed fool and check that you are indeed just fine and never better?” Tia half asked, and half stated.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » August 30th, 2016, 2:14 pm

It was going to be a few more minutes before Nate was in any condition to do anything, no matter how fine he insisted he was. The offer to Delve him was more of an instruction than an offer and the Soldier wanted to shrug it off, but really he was more suited to going with the flow and if she wanted to make sure he was whole and well then so be it. A grimace and a nod was his only answer, though he was more suited to the stubborn bull approach of "everything is fine!".

He was summarily Delved, but everything was in perfect order. "I'll be careful with what I put in my mouth," Nate promised Tia, giving her a watery-eyed smile. He wiped his eyes with his sleeve and after the memory of Saidar's cold shiver had left him he did feel a lot better, even if it was only a Delve. Probing other people to see what was wrong with them certainly had its uses but helping a guy who was gagging on sausage seemed a little trivial. Still, it was channelling practice so there was always that silver lining.

"ALRIGHT THEN," Nate announced, his voice not quite so raspy any more and closer to his usual self, "let's get cuddling some Saidar and Saidin! Though you don't really get cuddly with Saidin, it might tear you in half." He grinned at the Accepted, "I know how to join a link in theory - I just hang onto the edge of seizing Saidin and you do your lady thing to bring me into it, yeah? Awesome. I can do that. I'll be the best hanger onner." He folded his arms and sat back, going into the void and reaching out as if he was going to seize Saidin, but not quite getting there. Much to his surprise, being so near and yet so far at the same time did not suit his constitution well, and the slight widening of his eyes said that the experience was much less pleasant than he first expected it to be. By the time he was pulled into a link and suddenly roaring with Saidin and Saidar working in tandem and against one another, it felt as if he'd been on the brink for hours.

"Oh wow," he said, "this feels..." it was more impressive than he had expected it to be, that was for certain, and Saidar was so unusual to his Saidin self that he couldn't help the surprise on his face. He could feel Tia in the link as well, so all in all this was a little overwhelming and Nate had to sit there adjusting to it for a few moments.

The sensation never lessened but he did grow used to it. Pleased, Nate lifted his hand and formed his favourite weave, a simple ball of light. It was more Fire than Air, and it flickered with barely controlled restraint, but it was still a light at the end of it all. It cast a brighter glow than Nate meant for it to, though he was pleased at the result and the way that the weaves of Saidar and Saidin had worked together. To his trained eyes, the light was more steady than when he used Saidin alone, but even without Tia in the link he could have touched the light without being burned. He took it into his hand right then and looked at the Accepted, clearly pleased with his efforts.

"Catch!" he said, tossing it her way. It wobbled slowly through the air and didn't throw as far as Nate had intended, but it wasn't as it if could break anything.

Roan

Post by Roan » September 6th, 2016, 3:23 pm

Tia
So...the pair were going to link after all. Tia hod her reluctance and held on to her understanding that could release her hold on Saidar at any point. No one was forcing her to channel. There was no Sul’dam to answer to . . .what could go wrong?

Nate seemed so casual as he waited for her to embrace Saidar. Everything came into sharp focus, including her ‘student.’ The moment she linked with Nate, she felt as if she was about to be swept away, and it took a moment to steady herself. Tia didn’t intend to draw a comparison with her time under Aluana’s control, but she couldn’t help it.

The link with Nate was more raw, and primal, in a way. She could also. . .sense him, and his emotions. She didn’t need to be linked with him to know Nate was a cheerful guy, as it came across naturally in how he interacted with her. Along with his cheerfulness was a curiosity, and something else all together. Tia felt herself blush again as she realized she’d picked up on his more primal urges.

The Accepted cleared her throat and watched as he formed a ball of light and tossed it. With a soft laugh, Tia caught it with ease, and tossed it from one hand to the other as she admired his work before lobbing it back. “Not bad, Nate. Not bad at all,” Tia replied. She was still adjusting to how the link felt, and looked to him with a quirked brow, "What else can you do?"

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » September 7th, 2016, 10:48 am

Watching as the ball of light bounced back his way, Nate was quite pleased with himself. The linking was going well so far, and he was sure he could get used to this sensation. It was nice to be in the link with a woman, to feel her... womanliness?... and of course the Soldier figured that holding the link whilst having a roll in the hay was a great idea, given how sensitive he was to everything around him now. Calm down Nate, this is a lesson in channelling, and Tia can feel everything you feel! Not that Nate was ashamed, he was confident in his own skin and wouldn't apologise for his tempestuous emotions. Her own sensations were far more reserved than his own, politely curious and expectant, maybe a little nervous too but Nate couldn't be so sure of that. He didn't comment on it anyway.

The Soldier caught the ball, and when he was asked what else he could do the man simply gave a smirk and a wink. "I can do lots of things. But if you mean with the Power, then let me see." He looked around at the room, finding inspiration from the unlit candles. They weren't needed in a room which caught natural sunlight, so Nate took advantage. Weaving Fire and Air again, he lit one of the candles. Then he made the flame grow until it split into two, at which point it bounced through the air and landed atop the next candle, where it lit and burned away merrily. Altering the colour with a lick of Earth was easy for Nate, something to do with chemical reactions or some dull drivel, so this one was a cheerful blue.

The fire bounced again and this time it changed to green. Nate went through all the colours of the Ajahs, and by the time the flame had met the final candle the room was glowing brightly with unnaturally tall flames. Nate smirked, moving his hands to manipulate the flames to dance from one to the next, adding more fire to the current level of fire in his weaves and rather enjoying himself.

"How's that?" he asked, grinning. "I find out of all the elements, Fire is pretty easy for me to make. That's kind of normal for men though, right? Fire and Earth for us, Water and Air for you?" As he spoke Nate didn't notice that one of the candles was burning a little too quickly, and with a wet plop the wax melted to the floor. There were scorch marks on the stone walls and then, in a dramatic bid for freedom, one of the candles fell from the bracket completely and landed on the nearest table which naturally began to set on fire.

"Oh! Whoops!" Nate said cheerfully, releasing his hold on the flames and shrugging out of his coat to put the fire out, rather than try using Water. He wasn't sure he could trust those weaves yet. He patted the flames out and gave Tia a chortle and a shrug, "I should be more careful! Do you want to see something else though?" He didn't mean for it to sound as lewd as it did but Nate naturally went for that tone without meaning to, and he had the grace to laugh at himself as he checked the fire was indeed out. Someone was not going to be very happy when they saw the flame marks on the stone.

Roan

Post by Roan » September 7th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Tia Tomosan
Tia found herself blushing once again and looked down with a shy, almost embarrassed smile when she picked up on Nate’s more primal desires. She hadn’t really given much thought to men (or women) and had focused so much on her studies that she didn’t tend to think about such extracurricular activities. For her age, she was naive in the ways of romance, but sensing Nate’s desires piques a curiosity she didn’t realize she had.

Perhaps despite herself, Tia found herself smiling when she looked up in time to see him flash a smirk and wink her way. She watched with amusement as the Soldier made the flames dance from one candle to the next, and she found herself enjoying his. . .enjoyment of the moment. “That’s right. . .air and water for most women, though there are exceptions,” Tia answered his first question, though her eyes went wide as Nate’s dancing flames got a bit out of hand.

“Oh Whoops!”

While the Soldier grabbed for his jacket, Tia tried to weave Water and found she couldn’t. She could feel him drawing from her, but she couldn’t channel herself. Part of her recalled that when linked with a man, the woman becomes somewhat passive. Despite knowing this, the Accepted felt a small wave of panic, and tried to drop the link. Again, she found she could not, and the small wave of panic grew rapidly.

The amusement she felt was gone, replaced by her growing panic, and she looked to him with fearful eyes. “Drop the link,” she said, taking a step back. Seconds seemed to extend to minuted, and when she didn’t feel the link dissolve, her panic billowed to the surface. “Drop the link!” her volume increased, though she didn’t quite yell. She found herself back peddling from him. “Please. . .just...drop it,” she pleaded, her body trembling as the moment brought back memories of her time in the collar. She vowed never to feel that helpless again, yet here she was at a Soldier’s mercy.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik