When Lightning Strikes Twice (Attn: Bruce)

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

When Lightning Strikes Twice (Attn: Bruce)

Post by Leala » April 5th, 2016, 4:17 pm

The weather that day had been flawless, and seemed to be continuing that way throughout the Grey Tower grounds by late morning. Which was why the forks of lightning in the distance caught Torianin's attention. She could immediately tell that someone had channeled them into existence, and after half a second of thought, she determined that it was a man who was channeling, because she could not feel the weaves. She had finished her personal studies, and she could enjoy some time to herself now. She remembered that her teacher had suggested she work on her use of Air...right before she revealed that she was the Amyrlin Seat. Light, but that was embarrassing. How could she have forgotten the Amyrlin? Ah, well. She would certainly remember her now.

She was not sure what she was expecting when she entered the Channeling Yards, but she was certainly not expecting to see what had to be the tallest man she had ever seen wielding these lightning strikes. Torianin was not a short woman, but she barely reached the man's chest. After the initial shock wore off, she watched as another strike hit a large stone in the Yards. The air was charged again with the energy left over from the weaves. Embracing Saidar, Torianin wove a large column of Air, then a large column of Fire next to it, bringing them together. It was fast, but it was not as big as she would have liked it. But, with speed over force, the lightning struck exactly where the previous one had struck, and immediately after as well. "I need to work on making those bigger," she commented mostly to herself. Being taken by surprise would not be an option when she was raised and began her tenure as Aes Sedai, and if she could match force with speed for her lightning, she would feel much more confident.

Turning to her side, she looked up at the young man. She spotted a sword pin on his black coat. "Good day, Dedicated," she said with a smile. "I hope you don't mind my joining you. My name is Torianin."

Bruce
"The Dragon Reborn"
PC: Herarn

Re: When Lightning Strikes Twice (Attn: Bruce)

Post by Bruce » April 5th, 2016, 6:57 pm

Herarn came here when he was frustrated, angry, or just plain old bored. Today was a combination of the first and the last. He had already worked through his frustration, but the boredom however… that would take time. So when he felt that familiar tingle of saidar in use before several bolts of lightning struck and they weren’t his, he turned to the woman who approached. He saw the bands on the hem of her dress and nodded.

“I see you, Torianin. I am Herarn, Dedicated of the Grey Tower.” said the larger man.

“That was an impressive display. Multiple strikes off of what I am assuming to be a single weaving of Fire and Air? Since I can’t see saidar.” said Herarn with a smile.

Channeling he wove together a dense ball of water before piercing it with flows of fire and air before he wove the rest of the weave. Before snapping the weave down, he raised a ward against electricity and the One Power. Snapping the weave down, there was a flash of light before a ball of snapping and spitting electricity started throwing around lightning bolts in random directions. Several were directed at them, but both Wards flared to life protecting them.

It was one of the more complex battleweaves he was adept at. It was also one of the most efficient as with a single flow of Air he could direct the ball of electricity until the core of water came apart and that depended on the number of bolts it threw out and how fast. It had been a weave he had used when the Black Tower had been used to contain the Seanchan advance.

“So what brings you to the Channeling Yards? You don’t see many Accepted around here unless you are practicing a talent or they Aspire to the Green Shawl.”

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » April 7th, 2016, 12:12 am

Torianin recognized the man's greeting from her few interactions with a soldier who was Aiel. He had guessed correctly at the formation of her weave, but before she could confirm that, she paused to watch him. She couldn't see or sense what he was doing, but judging by his movements and where his eyes were focused, he was channeling. After a moment, a sparking ball of lightning was formed in front of them. She watched the display as sparks flew from it, and would have hit them, had there not been a ward there. The ball fizzled out, and all she could think of was how to make one for herself. She narrowed her eyes and titled her head. That was clearly a challenge. She could make lightning strikes with her eyes closed (although she'd never actually do that), but to contain it in a ball like that...

Well, she couldn't think of an immediate Saidar-based weave for that, so she decided to answer his question. "Yes, that's what it is," she said politely as she wrangled a large group of wooden dummies with a thick weave of Air to stand in front of her, but a good distance away. "Air and Fire. It was the first weave I ever mastered," she explained. Channeling more Air, she formed wheels with small numerous razor thin weaves. When she had enough for each dummy, she sent them all spiraling to the small "army" with another weave of Air. She had learned that the Greens called this the "death spray," which was made evident when the spinning razors hit the dummies and began sending splinters from their wooden bodies into the air. "I wasn't given much choice, bound by the a'dam, but one adapts."

"As far as why I'm here, I wanted to see who was channeling those lightning strikes. I have a slot of free time, so I thought honing my channeling skills would be a good way to spend my time. Besides, I was told that those in a red shawl might benefit from weaves like this as well. What about yourself, Herarn?"

Bruce
"The Dragon Reborn"
PC: Herarn

Post by Bruce » April 16th, 2016, 8:23 pm

“My studies are complete for the day as the only class I had today was cancelled. So I thought I would kill some time. But judging from how I feel, I think I’ve wasted far too much time. I’m a little winded. I was practicing some of the weaves that rely on my weaker elements as a warm up. Earth is my weakest element, so I practice when I can.” Said Herarn simply as he indicated that he was lowering the wards.

“Walk with me?” asked Herarn as he motioned along the clearly marked path. “So what brings a former damane to the Grey Tower?”

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » April 17th, 2016, 5:11 pm

For a flash of a moment, Torianin felt like she had been intruding on a needed moment of privacy as Herarn explained his reasons for coming into the Channeling Yards. But, he didn't seem troubled by her presence, so she was happy to have further conversation with him when he invited her. She didn't get much time to socialize outside of her students and mentors. She followed the tall Aiel Dedicated down the path and pondered on his question. It seemed like so long ago, but it had been over six years. "I was sent overseas with my sul'dam by orders from the Empire, and one day, an Aes Sedai approached while I was out walking, and freed me from the collar. I had heard about Aes Sedai since coming here, and the part of me that I dared not let show wanted to be a part of that. So, after she freed me, I..." She hesitated for a moment, wondering if she should tell about what she had done to Lumanin. That was perhaps the first time she used a battle weave of her own volition.

"I struck out with lightning at my sul'dam, and I left with the Aes Sedai." She had long since foregone feeling guilt for hurting her twin. She may have been defenseless when she was hit, but had Torianin not been defenseless all those years too? "I rather like it here. Instead of being used as a tool for someone else's gain, I am trusted here to act with responsibility. What about you, though? How did you come here, Herarn?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik