Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: Wee Willie Winkie (Attn: Damon)

Post by Craig » July 1st, 2017, 8:32 pm

Zarayne
There were a couple things there that startled Zarayne. The largest was the implication that she could be a Dreamwalker like her mother. If not for the fact that she was conversing with another person in her own dream, then she would have instantly refuted it. Her assumption had been that she would have been dreamwalking already if she had the talent for it. It was not something passed from generation to generation, so nothing and no-one had implied that she would be able to continue the tradition.

Until now.

It was foolhardy to give into hope, and more foolish still to allow those thoughts to flourish in this environment. The night's sky seemed to pop into focus. The stars shone brightly against a background of pitch black. Even as she raised her head to look, the number of stars grew at an uncountable rate. She wondered what Olin's sea of stars looked anything akin to what she was projected into her dream's sky.

As she took in the beauty of the glorious light above, she thought about being trapped within a mind. She had never heard of such an occurrence, but then she didn't know a great deal about Tel'aran'rhiod despite of her upbringing. But then this isn't Tel'aran'rhiod. What difference did that make? Obviously she couldn't be harmed in her own dream, and this place wasn't an accurate reflection of the real world. So if this was nothing like reality, and it wasn't the World of Dreams, how did one get trapped within it? Would someone be trapped until she woke, or would they remain a prisoner?

Clouds quickly rolled over the sky, allowing Zarayne to pull her gaze away. She was surprisingly - albeit not startled - to see that Olin was still here. "You're still here," she said with the same amount of surprise. She stepped around the chair towards him. "Do you think I can dreamwalk? And what do you mean about being trapped? How does that work?" Curiosity rather than intent drove her questions.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Damon
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Damon » July 6th, 2017, 4:40 am

Olin

Olin paused in his attempt to remove himself as he noticed the night sky quickly changing. He had learned over his wanderings in Tel’aran’rhiod to try and pay close attention to the endless details around him, although he knew in many ways he was just on the path rather than a master of it yet. But the sky grew to resemble a fair copy of the sea of stars he saw when he entered his dreams, although it lacked the vastness that was almost impossible to describe.

He knew this place was almost the same as Tel’aran’rhiod, but there were differences in how it worked that made it also very unique. Olin wasn't surprised when Zarayne had questions, merely glad that the hostility was bleeding out of her with her own curiosity winning.

Olin chewed his lip for a moment as he considered how best to answer her questions. Realizing she was obviously remaining standing, and not wanting her to continue to stand over him, Olin dismissed the chairs with a thought. Now standing, he walked around the clearing, his feet making no mark on the snow as he imagined it hard as marble beneath where he trod.

“In Tel’aran’rhiod I would say I am still closer to Soldier than Dedicated, but I do believe you can dreamwalk yes. As I said before, in my travels here I have seen people arrive and return in a few heartbeats. You are aware of this being a dream, and have yet to awaken. As well I have only ever seen others leave behind an object or beast, their dreams here given a sort of life. But you've now changed your clothing and such twice,” Olin said, counting on his fingers as he tried to list his reasonings.

Olin stopped for a moment, and continued to collect his thoughts. So much of what he did in the dreamwalks had happened almost as if uncovering a skill once remembered, which made it hard for him to emulate the Ashaman who taught at the Grey Tower.

“To dreamwalk, I find myself almost reaching out with my mind, and sliding just out to the sea of stars. I know from what little I could find in the library, that many people require a ter’angreal to reach the world of dreams. You will have to see which is the method for you. As for being trapped, sometimes it seems like strong emotions or need will pull you like a lodestone. I think that is what happened here, as you're dream quiets I am hopeful I will be able to slide out,” Olin finished in a rush.
"Every man is the hero of his own song," Tad Williams.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » July 17th, 2017, 4:17 pm

Zarayne
Changed clothing? Even as the words crossed through her mind, another part of her brain was making the connections. Her cadin'sor and shoufa vanished, replaced by her Accepted's dress. For an instant it flickered into something indistinctive yet blue in hue, then her usual attire reasserted itself once more.

Ignoring that distraction, Zarayne puzzled over the rest, memorising it for later. She would attempt to slide into the sea of stars tomorrow night. It was a shame that dreamwalking was not more akin to channelling; copying the weaves to step into Tel'aran'rhiod would be a lot easier than somehow willing your way there. But then Olin also mentioned ter'angreal. If anyone would be able to assist in that regard, it would be her father's sister.

Her dress shimmered, briefly transmuting into a blue silken robe before returning to white wool. Lightly she overlaid fingertips onto her Great Serpent ring, a gesture meant to ground her.

"I shall try to quiet myself," Zarayne stated. She sat down on the snowy ground cross-legged, folding the long skirts underneath her for protection from the cold. Her eyelids drifted shut as she focused on entering a meditative state. Clearing her mind, the Aielwoman focused on the image of a segade plant. It wasn't pictured in detail like in her novice's lessons for channelling; it was blurry and suggestive of the segade rather than a mimicry. The fuzziness of the image was meant to be a mirror of her own thoughts – vague and indistinct.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Damon
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Damon » July 18th, 2017, 7:03 pm

Olin
Olin stood and waited as Zarayne seemed to ponder and reflect on the words he had said. As he watched her dress seemed to flicker for a moment into a blue hue, but the movement was out of the corner of his eye and he caught little beyond the impression of colour, and then she was once more attired in an Accepted’s dress and ring.

Seeing her Aiel garb disappear, Olin felt himself relaxing slight and he took a heartbeat or two to wonder if it was his own reaction, or perhaps it was a reflection of her impression of him that had eased.

As she sat, Olin was tempted to ask her if she needed help, but he could see that she was at ease, her breathing deepening and slowing as an unfamiliar plant began to take shape in the snow between them. Olin watched as the plant began to form, its details slightly foggy as if seen through a haze, he had never seen such a plant before and was curious as to its nature, although he kept his own breathing smooth and unobtrusive.

As the plant finished growing, Olin could feel an unknown pressure ease off; and with an instinct half felt in the back of his mind, he knew it was time to depart. As he took one last look at the Accepted, her eyes closed and sitting meditating in the snow; he knew he would likely have to watch for her in Tel’aran’rhiod in the future.
"Every man is the hero of his own song," Tad Williams.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik