Nyaine's start at channelling

A place to discuss future RP plans, request RP partners, or respond to others' ads.
Daniel
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Nyaine Lintelle, Accepted

Nyaine's start at channelling

Post by Daniel » June 2nd, 2017, 12:39 am

It seems to me, to start the journey towards becoming Aes Sedai, it is rather imperative that one actually know how to channel. Therefore, I am looking at a teacher for One Power Basics for her. She has not had any lessons with the power at all, so the start would be the introduction to the one power and then the basic exercises (the flower bud and whatnot) and afterwards go from there.

Additionally, if someone is interested in having an Aes Sedai/Asha'man come to Cairhien to discover Nyaine as someone with the ability to channel, potentially with some excitement (though I'm not sure what exactly that might be), that is also something I might be interested in doing, though writing this on my own at some point seems perfectly acceptable as well.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Re: Nyaine's start at channelling

Post by Matty » June 3rd, 2017, 11:11 am

Depending on the excitement involved in Cairhien I have a few people who might be able to help.

Nate is a new Blue who had already decided to travel the world assisting those who can't help themselves. He's a big man with a big heart and lots of opinions, but he means well.

Maever is a Yellow and he shouldn't be allowed out without an adult but he would be happy to help however he can!

I also have a random Red called Gretchen and she is an NPC who I can't pretend is pleasant or likeable but she won't leave a new channeller in the lurch. I should add her to the library....

What shenanigans do you have in mind for discovery?
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Daniel
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Daniel » June 3rd, 2017, 2:18 pm

I haven't really made up my mind, it could be any number of things from murder to intrigue or nothing at all. Stumbling into Aes Sedai business by sheer random presence. I guess, the basic idea would be to have it take place at some sort of ball/dinner party/high society gathering, since that's Nyaine's main point of contact with society at large.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » June 3rd, 2017, 3:40 pm

Elia Sedai of the Indigo Ajah can teach you in the ways of the Force One Power. However, she's not really in a travelling mood... well, ever.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » June 3rd, 2017, 4:10 pm

I can also offer up my Green Aes Sedai: Tia Tomosan. I can throw her into the mix with one of Matty's characters perhaps? I will leave it up to you two.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Post by Matty » June 3rd, 2017, 10:40 pm

We could always have some of our Aes Sedai folk in the Cairhien area attending one of these fancy events, as Aes Sedai are wont to do? Aes Sedai are there, a wannabe channeller gets too close and maybe there's some mishap where it would be more prudent for the potential new Novice to come along like a good girl...

Tia and Nate could always go together, that would be a laugh. And Elia... erm... she might well be there too, Nate has Confused Feelings about Elia but would certainly be polite.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » June 4th, 2017, 1:22 am

Elia ain't travelling outside of the Tower given her physical and mental condition at the moment. Once Nyaine comes to the Grey Tower, however, she can get involved.

Enjoy Cairhien! <3
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Daniel
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Daniel » June 4th, 2017, 4:05 pm

Matty, Roan: I like it. How about I just start a post, setting up the "fancy event" and we go from there, then, letting you attend and arrive in the manner of your choosing?

Craig: Learning the ways of magick in the tower is exactly what the doctor Mistress of Novices ordered, I'm sure.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » June 4th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Thumbs up from me.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » June 5th, 2017, 9:29 am

Depending on how much you care about your sanity, we can start the thread with Elia and Nyaine now, or after your thread with Matty and Roan. Just let me know :)
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik