The Hand of Justice [Attn: Liaran]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: The Hand of Justice [Attn: Liaran]

Post by Bella » August 11th, 2022, 8:42 pm

Obviously, he had felt her drawing near, but her touch and her words still surprised him slightly. He didn't realize that he'd been projecting his feelings quite so clearly, but then, she was his Aes Sedai so she would know better than anyone else. Perhaps even better than his own conscious mind was about his feelings.

He smiled warmly at her with an expression that only she could draw from him and rested his hand lightly over hers where it rest against his arm. The Gaidin could take solace in its warm, solid presence there. How her hand seemed so small under his much larger one.

"I would like to believe that," he said, his voice just loud enough for her ears, "but it's hard. If I had been paying more attention when last we were here...hadn't been cornered by Hiron's lackey, hadn't been injured, had noticed how strange Allistira was acting... Maybe I could have ended this suffering much sooner. This manor is ancestrally mine, but I turned it over to relatives...and got Hiron. The architect of this. It's hard to not feel responsible."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » August 20th, 2022, 9:57 pm

Liaran
Liaran would have liked to put her arms around Haeden before responding, but with other people around, the Aes Sedai resisted the temptation. She settled for simply moving a few steps closer. "I know it's hard," she acknowledged. The knot of his emotions in the back of her mind would have told her that much without a single word from him. "But please try to remember that you are not responsible for Hiron's actions. He made his own choices, and will now face punishment for what he has done." Her last words were spoken with a glare in the direction of the captured lord, who was unfortunately beginning to stir, even though the weaves that held him did not allow for much movement.

Looking back at her Warder, Liaran lowered her voice so that only Haeden could hear what was said. "If you didn't see what was happening at first....neither did I," she reminded him. She knew he'd never blame her for not having seen it, and hoped this would encourage him to be less critical towards himself. "What matters is that when you did, you did what had to be done, and because of that, Hiron will receive justice and Allistira will be reunited with her family. Don't forget that."

With some reluctance, Liaran slowly pulled her hand out from under his and moved farther into the stable. "I'm going to get Seawind," she said as she moved towards the part of the stable where the group had left their own horses. Stopping beside her horse, Liaran spoke again, mostly to Haeden, who she looked at, but in a voice that any of the others around would likely hear. "It's past time to leave this place behind us."

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » September 7th, 2022, 1:24 pm

Haeden met her eyes as she stepped close to him, and her voice lifted to his ears and his alone. He smiled, in that way that was hers and hers alone, and nodded once. "I'm with you," he said. A few words that were both simple and complex, both agreeing with her and renewing the promise of the future that he'd already made.

Lifting his head, he looked around and saw that everyone else was ready. Horses had been taken from Hiron's stable to bring their rescued woman and their captive. Jerid and Lysira had offered to stay behind to take care of everything else ~ the cleanup, making sure anyone else captured was checked, that any animals were cared for and brought somewhere...

With that, the rest of the group started away to return to the Grey Tower. To home.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik