Trails in Kandor [Attn: Bella]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Trails in Kandor [Attn: Bella]

Post by Andy » March 22nd, 2019, 11:41 pm

Omens and portents, in his experience it always seemed to start with those. Times gone by he would have shrugged them off as so much superstition but he was older now, if not wiser as far as he was concerned. Not that he begrudged the work they performed together - it was good work, he reflected, as he found some slight amusement for the world in general.

I Just wish that we were given some specific bloody instructions sometimes he thought wryly, a small smile turning his lips before being lost behind his hand, stroking his beard absently.

It had started with strange sightings, storms and the risk of lost crops. Such matters were not serious incursions by the Shadow along the Blightborder, but they were serious matters to those who wanted to survive and not starve. Besides which unseasonable weather was something worth investigating - too many times it could have been the use of the One Power, a precursor to something worse. Next had come the tales of the missing - vanished unexpectedly, leaving possessions behind and communities with less hands for work. Such had become their trail, a reason to carry onward and not turn back. Travelling from place to place they had heard similar tales.

As it was they had had a rather peaceful time of it so far, if still filled with work to be done. They had healed illnesses, tacked down some of the missing, secured crops and stores where possible and generally extended the goodwill that the towns and villages of Kandor had for them. Small things but things which could be built upon. They took a shine more to Sadira than he, not that he could blame them, though he had left more than a handful wiser with weaponry behind them. He glanced across at her as they rode toward the city of Canluum - their next stop upon their travels and a place apparently also in need. He hoped it was similar needs, cities could be dangerous even in the Borderlands.

It had not escaped them that the whole land had seemed to be filled with repeated tales, they had discussed it at length as they had tried to piece together what was happening. He was still hoping for bandits or some other simple thing. It was becoming a somewhat thin hope even for the sunniest of Warders.

"You know, I don't think I've ever visited a land so in need as this one. If I were cynical I'd start thinking they made work for us because they don't want to disappoint" he said with a snort, breaking the silence that had fallen over the past hour.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Trails in Kandor [Attn: Bella]

Post by Bella » March 24th, 2019, 11:11 pm

Sadira flashed a warm smile at her warder, appreciating his humor and his insight, which so often seemed to come hand-in-hand. He was entirely right in the fact that this area of the nation of Kandor seemed to be overrun with troubles, even more than was the usual for cities and villages at the border of the Blight.

Of course, she doubted they were doing it on purpose...but here was where humor skirted a different line. It had escaped neither of them that maybe someone or something was doing it on purpose.

"Is this the life of glamour and intrigue that you thought you'd achieve when you bonded an Aes Sedai?" she asked with a teasing, affectionate glint flashing through her steely blue eyes. "I'm sure aiding town infrastructure and aiding the ailing farmers is what every Gaidin trainee just dreams of."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » March 28th, 2019, 7:38 pm

A grin spread across his face despite the situation they were in, he appreciated how they bounced off of each other. It was a precious gift that made their time in the wilderness pleasurable. There was an edge to he words and a sense of steeled heart from her within his head but her eyes flashed the way he liked and that was enough for him.

"Well, you bring the glamour," he stated simply, "and according to some I can be strange enough to bring the intrigue so..." he trailed off, his own eyes twinkling for a few moments as he paused.

"But yes, it was the life I wanted a more. Something you know very well indeed my wise Aes Sedai," he bowed his head a little theatrically in her direction, "I just notice that we have a talent for sniffing out suspicious tails and dangerous situations....wait...you're not a Sniffer are you? The audacity to keep such a secret" he turned his head away just before his straight face collapsed somewhat, looking out instead at the wilderness, his hand resting upon his sword hilt.

The had both made mention of the strangeness of events and the lack of any obvious connection or reasoning, but had yet to really extrapolate or talk about it at length. It wasn't for lack of desire but more that it had only become obvious recently, as the pattern had emerged. He supposed that it was time for the topic, despite his mood not really wanting it. He had a duty to protect her though, not to mention that even if it wasn't his duty he would for his own feelings. He sighed and looked back at her.

"So what do we think is going on? I haven't seen or sensed any Shadowspawn and apart from being strange what is it we know exactly? I mean, there haven't been many clues beyond words and rumours and I can't swing a sword at them"
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » April 1st, 2019, 10:44 pm

"The edge of a word can be sharped than any blade," Sadi commented dryly, reciting an old saying that she had heard her father say, oh-so-long ago.

She rolled over his statements and questions within her mind, adding them to the things that they had heard--which were, indeed, just words and rumors so far. But words and rumors didn't seem to stay that way very long in these darkening days. "When there are enough of them, there is usually something at work.

"It may be a machination seeking to spread the wrong information, but that is still something. For now, I think we can look at it from a directionally pragmatic way. Let us consider the places that we hear these rumors being about or taking place. I think we can safely say there is an area where much of them congregate. For now discounting those that don't, we should look into that place."

Sadi sighed. "Darkness can come in many forms, and not always the way that can be sensed. People themselves can do dark enough deeds."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik