The Past Leads to the Future [Attn: Tia Sedai]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: The Past Leads to the Future [Attn: Tia Sedai]

Post by Bella » September 8th, 2018, 3:01 am

Gareth stared at his daughter for a long, silent moment.

There was a thought in his mind, but he was...concerned with the idea of presenting it. The emotions his daughter felt for this man were starkly, painfully obvious, and Gareth was fairly certain that the Gaidin returned those feelings. But the idea was still one that had very deep, very long-term repercussions. An idea that would affect those feelings.

But his father's heart wept and bled at once for the look in those eyes. Riahana had never let it go how much of a soft touch the large Asha'man could be with his children, and their ages and ranks and all the time passed made no difference at all.

The Yellow sighed heavily. "There is...something could be done," he finally said, folding his hands and bowing his head slightly. "I urge you to think it through carefully, however, before making a decision. It's not to be made lightly, even in this situation." He paused. "A bond could allow him to draw on your strength to fight off the last of it."

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » September 8th, 2018, 3:39 am

Tia Sedai
Tia hadn’t asked if there was anything more she could do, but her father laid out the truth of it. She could bond him and let him draw on her strength. But to bond him without giving him the choice? They hadn’t even said they loved each other yet, though the Green knew she loved him and loved him deeply. She knew he cared greatly for her, but didn’t want to make any assumptions.

The bond should be a choice made by both parties, but he was in no condition to consent. If she didn’t bond him, he’d likely lose the fight with the poison and die. If she did bond him. . .would he forgive her for doing it without his approval? If he survived and didn’t want the bond, she could remove it, but would he understand?

Gareth was right. . .it was not a decision to make lightly, and the weight of the decision was not lost on her. Looking to her father with a grave expression, Tia nodded, “If it will give him a fighting chance, I will do it.”

The Green embraced Saidar and started the weave, pulling threads of spirit together. She learned about the weave as an Accepted, along with the pros and cons that came with the Bond. Looking to Bryn, Tia let the weave settle over both of them, closing her eyes as she finished.

Everything seemed to change in that moment. Things came into sharper focus, and she felt something else. A moment later, she realized it was Bryn she sensed, and with it, the concern she’d picked up on in his non-lucid rumblings came into some sort of focus. She didn’t know the why, but could pick up on the stress he felt.

Looking up to her father, Tia nodded, “It’s done.”

Bella

Post by Bella » September 8th, 2018, 3:54 am

Gareth nodded gravely and rose to his feet to leave his daughter in peace, patting her shoulder gently on his way out...

Bryn was on his knees.

The dirt circle around him was splattered with his blood, which also now ran down his back in hot rivulets. Men stood all around the circle to make sure he didn't try to run, but he wouldn't run. He had stood, then he had knelt, but he had taken it all. He could hear Owin pacing behind him, but he heard it deep down. Like his blood suddenly had ears.

He felt on the verge of just...giving up. What that meant in this instant, though, he didn't actually know what that meant. It was just a feeling, deep in his bones.

By the Light, Brynmor Brook was so...damned...tired.

Pressing his hands flat against the ground, he felt his body sinking lower, like rope had been tied to him and was being pulled. He seemed powerless to stop it now. After all the fury and fight, it was all gone. He didn't have anything left. Fine. Let Owin kill him. Just let it be...over....

Light flared above.

Blinking, he managed to lift his head. He couldn't tell where the light was coming from. He couldn't even see it, he realized. It was something he could feel, and it sunk into him. Little by little, he felt a little more strength enter his body. He groaned and pushed himself to his feet, staggering as he walked toward the forest.

"Don't think this is over, dog!" Owin screamed after him. "You will never be more than you are!"

Bryn paused, looking back over his shoulder. "It's over, Owin," he said quietly. "You won't have me."

With that, he kept walking.

The light grew...

In the waking world, in reality, Brynmor gasped. His eyes opened and he trembled, staring at the ceiling. He felt...horrible, but lucid for the first time in what seemed like forever. Owin was gone. He knew that much, at least. But...he wasn't really sure about anything else, except that something was different.

Feebly turning his head, he saw Tia sitting beside him. She seemed...different too. "Tia?" he said, voice hoarse.

He watched her expression change... No. He felt it change. He realized, as the poison fever finally broke, what was changed. He knew that they were linked now. Bonded. He gasped again, and almost felt like he might start weeping. Weakly bringing his other hand up, he touched her face.

Roan

Post by Roan » September 8th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Tia Sedai
The Green could feel Bryn stir and held onto his hand as he gasped, regaining consciousness once again. It was so. . .weird to sense him and his emotions change as she watched his expressions change. Where he might of wept, she did, and did nothing to try and hide the emotions she felt in that moment, “Bryn.”

Relief flooded through Tia as she nuzzled into his hand while squeezing the one she held, “Light, Bryn, you gave us a good scare. I thought. . .I thought I was going to lose you.” She raised the hand she’d been holding and kissed the back of it, “Father did everything he could but the poison. . .the poison was proving too strong.”

Tia reached up and wiped away tears, giving him a small smile, “He suggested I consider the bond to let you draw on my strength.” Looking at him, feelings welled up within her and she ran her fingers along his face, and she fought the urge to ramble about making the decision, or even her feelings for him. . .there was a time and place, wasn’t there?

Perhaps there was, but she nearly didn’t get the chance to tell him how she felt. Leaning into his hand, she whispered, “I love you.”

Bella

Post by Bella » September 8th, 2018, 2:38 pm

It was still a lot to take in. This had not been a miracle cure, precisely, that allowed him to be fully hale and whole again in an instant. It had allowed him to start truly fighting back, but his mind and body still had a long road to travel. The addition of the bond was strange, but far from unwelcome.

And the words "I love you" sunk into his mind and gave him warmth, but something else too. Something risen from all that had come from his mind during the fever.

With his hand still on her cheek, he gently pulled her toward him and pressed a kiss to her lips. When they parted, he whispered, "I love you too, Tia Tomosan." He took a breath. "But...before you choose to entwine your life with mine forever, I would have you know me. Know that I have not always been...a good man. At least not as good a man as I should have been. Not as good a man as you deserve."

The pain in him at this confession was stark, raw, but full of earnestness mixed with his abject guilt over his past serving Lord Owin.

Roan

Post by Roan » September 9th, 2018, 11:51 pm

Tia Sedai
"I love you too, Tia Tomosan. But...before you choose to entwine your life with mine forever, I would have you know me. Know that I have not always been...a good man. At least not as good a man as I should have been. Not as good a man as you deserve.”

Tia held Bryn’s gaze and rested her hand on his cheek, “Brynmor Brook, you can tell me anything you wish, but I doubt there is anything you can say that will change the way I feel about you. The path you are on now shows the man you are now, and shows me the man you wish to be. That is what matters to me.”

Giving him a warm smile as she ran her thumb along his cheek, the Green sister felt an overwhelming sense of relief, “I realized tonight that I don’t want to live my life without you being a part of it, and I was scared I was going to lose you. I bonded you to help save you, but the truth of it is I’d already thought to ask if you would bond with me.”

Taking a slow breath, Tia tilted her head, “If. . .if you wish not to be bonded. . .” Nothing she felt over the bond suggested he wanted to be rid of it, but she felt it was only right to give him the option, “If you wish not to be bonded, I will remove it.”

Bella

Post by Bella » September 29th, 2018, 6:05 pm

A sense of relief washed over Brynmor at her words, and yet there was still that underlying, persistent feeling that he was not worthy of her, as well as the fear that she might one day realize it... However, she was here. He had spoken, and she had not rejected him. There was nothing more to say about that unless she asked.

Instead, he pulled her face toward his again for another kiss. "Tia Sedai, there is nowhere I'd rather be than at your side, no one I would rather journey alongside than you. My life, my sword, are yours. Until you wish to be done with me, or death take me."

Roan

Post by Roan » September 30th, 2018, 6:36 pm

The Green felt Bryn’s relief flood the bond, and, in turn, felt a surge of relief herself in a sort of feedback. She closed her eyes as he kissed her and took his hands in hers. Letting go a breath she didn’t even know she’d been holding, Tia rested her forehead on his and whispered, “I shall never let you go, Brynmore Brook Gaidin and my Warder. I hope we can keep death at bay for many years to come.

“I give you not just my bond, but my heart and my soul,” she finished. Pulling back, she kissed both of his hands, and studied his face, “I’ll send off for some food. You should eat and then get more rest.” Giving him a warm smile as she squeezed his calloused hands, she added, “I will stay by your side until they decide you’re healthy enough to return home with me."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik