Saddles and Swords (Attn; Sha’hal Farmfolk)

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Lugh
MoNSTer

Re: Saddles and Swords (Attn; Sha’hal Farmfolk)

Post by Lugh » August 11th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Beron
"It's often ideal for the rider to be present and help with the horse's training," she agreed easily. "It lets you two get used to each other and learn together."

She then gestured for him to follow her up the wide dirt path and up into the barn. "I think it would be ideal if your Aes Sedai could come here as well to meet the potential horses for her, so she can meet them. It's easier that way to be sure that it is a good match. Horses have personalities just as surely as people do, after all."

“Yes they certainly do. I once knew a Captain who couldn’t get his horse to move unless he whistled it a tune. Was the funniest thing we had ever seen, and the guys on the pickets swore the horse would bob it’s head to the music from the campfires,” laughed Beron as he walked along the crushed stone pathway and into the barn.

The barn itself was a wonder, well made with good thick beams and a rich stain to all the wood. Beron was from a farm, and he was impressed at how clean and well kept the barn was. Fresh bedding, the straw fragrant and sweet was in many of the stalls, while a groom scrubbed the floor of a stall that was emptied. Distracted by the sight of so many familiar chores, Beron was listening to the Lady Sha’hal, but his caution was lowered and he replied, “I think Isla would find this place amazing Lady. I will definitely bring her here soon to get her acquainted with both the farm and any likely mares.”

Turning around he stopped as he saw a groom leading a horse out of the stall and toward the paddock. The horse was elegant and strongly built. A well brushed coat of gray coat and a good thick mane, drew the eye but as he watched the horse being led, Beron noticed the massive chest and strong muscles. Calling to the groom, he approached the horse, whistling softly to get the gray to turn his head towards him. As he got closer, he could see that the legs were clean and free of blemishes. At a guess he expected that the horse stood at just over 15 hands, and as Beron gazed at the horse, it seemed to regard him as well. Smart, and looks like an animal that enjoys a run Beron thought to himself as the Lady caught up with them.

“A fine gelding you have here Lady. He caught my eye right away,” Beron said with a smile as he continued to inspect the horse. Given their conversation he knew there would be no offence taken to his keen regard.
Spoiler: show
Not sure of the WOT breed, but I thought an Andalusian seemed like a good build to base a write up on.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » August 13th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Isla. Miahala took in the name of his Aes Sedai and thought for a moment, then recalled the young woman. She had joined while Tia was still Mistress of Novices, but had been Raised to the shawl during Mia's present tenure. She knew the girl's history, and it made for an interesting character. She was a Yellow now.

This knowledge helped Mia assess some ideas as to what the young Aes Sedai might need, so she could have some suitable steeds ready for Isla Sedai to meet when she came.

"A fine gelding you have here Lady. He caught my eye right away."

Miahala smiled warmly, as she came up and rested her hand on the creature's strong neck. She pet it gently. "You have a good eye, then," she said. "He is bred of the same sire and dam that my own horse is. That pair makes good horses. My own stallion, Seren, is a fully trained warhorse. He has served me well. I'm sure whoever rides this one will find he is just the same, though perhaps a little calmer than mine." She chuckled at that.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » August 15th, 2018, 7:23 pm

Beron
She came up towards the animal and resting her hand on the geldings neck. “You have a good eye, then," she said. "He is bred of the same sire and dam that my own horse is. That pair makes good horses. My own stallion, Seren, is a fully trained warhorse. He has served me well. I'm sure whoever rides this one will find he is just the same, though perhaps a little calmer than mine." She chuckled at that, and Beron found his hand pausing in it’s stroking of the horse.

Her own warhorse? he thought to himself confused, he had expected that she would have trained horses of course, but a warhorse seemed strange for a noble woman. Warhorse, definitely a Sha’hal as she didn’t correct me, oh light! Beron thought with a sinking stomach as he took in her face.

“He is a great mount for sure, and calmer may be better for a rider just beginning to master the craft of training and mounted combat. I of course would prefer to never need the option, but we do not wear a sword and let it go to rust out of hope. If I could ask, what would be the price for an animal of such certain breeding?” Beron asked as he considered both his writ and the money he could draw upon as a Gaidin of the Grey Tower.

“And may I ask your name Lady Sha’hal, I would like to thank you properly for all your help,” Beron said with a soft small and flutters in his stomach.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 20th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Mia saw a small shift in his expression and wondered about it. She could make a few guesses, though wasn't going to make any full assumptions. She would find out in time, or not. They were just talking about horses, after all.

She turned her head to look over the horse again, contemplating his breeding and the training he'd had so far. She quoted him a reasonable figure. "We offer horses to the Tower at a slight discount," she said. "We'll help with his training without further cost, and will except payment broken up if you have need to."

"And may I ask your name Lady Sha’hal, I would like to thank you properly for all your help."

It was only her years and years (decades) of experience keeping her features straight that stopped the pure amusement that wanted to bloom over her stately, defined face. "Miahala ni Sha'hal t'Darrow," she introduced herself, offering her hand to him with just a hint of kind emotion in her blue-green eyes and on her full lips. "Aes Sedai."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » August 20th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Beron
"Miahala ni Sha'hal t'Darrow," she introduced herself, offering her hand to him with just a hint of kind emotion in her blue-green eyes and on her full lips. "Aes Sedai."

“Burn me, I meant no offence Aes Sedai,” Beron said as he took her offered hand and kissed her ring finger lightly. His cheeks red with embarrassment he froze when the full implication of her name sunk in. “T’Darrow? As in Ravak Darrow, the Gaidin? Then that makes you Miahala....” Beron bit off his words, before he could utter one of many names for her that floated through the Grey Tower.

Light what a mess, he thought to himself as he grabbed at the stall to steady himself. Not only had he let Isla’s name slip by accident, but he had let it slip to a woman who as far as Tower knowledge went stood very high in the Green Ajah. He had been asking about warhorses for a Yellow to the Battle Ajah itself, and then there was the fact he had complimented her on her own horses like a woolhead.

Added to his embarrassment was the idea that she was married to Ravak Darrow, the Gaidin he had almost come to blows with over Isla, a penance he had been sent to the farm for where he had won her heart and later her bond. He wondered if Ravak had ever pieced together who his unnamed girl had been, and he felt as if the worries must be written clean on his forehead.

“Thank you Miahala Sedai, I agree that with the training and such you mentioned as well as the mount it is a more than fair price. I have enough for the gelding and a well trained mount that I will bring my bondmate to choose. I understand now how you could size up the needs of a Gaidin as quickly as you did. Any advice from a Green Sister would be welcome,” Beron said slowly as he regained some small shred of his composure.

Considering the woman standing before him, he realized that if she had been offended, it would be as simple as naming herself, or even wearing her Great Serpent Ring as a sign. She had been welcoming of his questions and quite free with her time and advice, so as he considered all that Beron relaxed. There was a pragmatic streak to most Borderlanders, and he supposed the constant bowing and scraping must get tiresome after years of it.

“I hope your husband is well, I had the chance to meet him only once, but he left an impression,” Beron said with mild humour, finding himself curious as he considered the couple.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 24th, 2018, 2:59 am

Oh, this poor young man... Mia thought as she maintained all of her outward composure, but only at the cost of a remarkable inward battle with her own wicked sense of humor. "I'm glad you managed to lose that frightened look pretty quickly," she teased lightly. "I stopped eating Gaidin ages ago." Her eyes glinted, but she moved on before he could reply.

"My husband has that effect on people at times," she agreed easily, "but he is well."

Before she could say much more, someone called her name from deeper within the stables. She offered a warmer, less teasing smile to Beron at that point. "Duty calls. I look forward to seeing you and your Aes Sedai here soon so we can outfit you both properly with horses befitting members of the prestigious Grey Tower."

She bowed her head slightly to him and then turned to leave. "Good day to you, Gaidin."
OOC: Wrapping this so we can focus on the MRP. <3

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik