A New Goal [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

A New Goal [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

Post by Bella » July 20th, 2018, 5:44 pm

The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills...

Isla sat in the windowseat of her new quarters, having only been in her other quarters a short time before she was moved here because she was now a Bonded Aes Sedai. Imagine! Both of those things that she never, in a thousand years, would have ever guessed she would say about herself--and happily--had she been asked at fifteen.

She was no longer that girl, though. No longer fifteen. No longer a Child of the Light. No longer blind to the real way of the world...

Beron had already left for the Yards and she was just getting ready for her shift in the infirmary. It was the place she went to where she used the One Power--once so abhorred--to Heal people. She took care of people, treated their injuries and did what she could to comfort their minds and spirits.

After pulling on her shoes and putting away her teacup, she headed to the day's work.

One of the first faces she saw, however, was the young man she had treated as an Accepted. She never learned his name, but she couldn't forget his face, or his story. He was here at the Grey Tower training to be an Asha'man, though right now, he was sitting on the edge of a bed with another black eye.

"What happened?" she asked, walking up to him.

"I was doing some training in the Yards with the warder trainees," he admitted sheepishly. "I am trying to learn unarmed. It didn't go very well." His face smoothed to sobriety, though. "I'm...glad to see you, though. Aes Sedai." He bowed his head. "May I...speak frankly?" She nodded, curious. "When we met, you seemed familiar with my sort of story?"

She stifled a shudder, nodding again. "I had my own...run-in with the Whitecloaks myself." She left it at that. "Why?"

He bit his lip as she began to look over his eye. "Well, I have a problem..."
* * * Isla had had a lot on her mind through the rest of her shift, but she'd been able to focus on her work and see through the rest of the day until she had a chance to return to her quarters. She ordered dinner to be sent up, and then made herself some tea while she waited for Beron to return as well.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Re: A New Goal [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

Post by Lugh » July 21st, 2018, 8:21 pm

Beron
Thunk resounded Beron’s axe as it struck against the wooden target he had set up at the range. Floating in the Void, there was nothing besides a grim satisfaction that he had finally begun to consistently hit the target. Soon after a second axe struck the target next to the first, and in an odd display of showmanship, Beron snapped a wrist and his sleek throwing dagger slide between the two broader heads.

Still in the Void, Beron collected his weapons and once more stood at the throwing line, when a chime sounded that announced dinner hour for the learning ranks. Smiling, he smoothly grasped and threw the axes, enjoying the shake in the target as they sunk true once more. Seeing the Ji’val waiting to collect the target and tidy the range, Beron collected his weapons and left the practice axe on a table provided.

Dropping the Void, he could now feel the muscle soreness and aches that came with a long days practice. Still as he sheathed his daggers in the soft leather holders his father had gifted him when the news had reached his family. Beron Gaidin, bonded Warder to an Aes Sedai, it still felt like a dream at times, even with the constant presence of Isla and her emotions in his mind.

As he finished sliding his axe onto his belt, he had to admit that was part of the reason he had decided to go to the range. As a bonded Gaidin a lot of his duties and time were kept aside for any help or protection Isla would require, but the light of his heart had been in the Infirmary all day. Beron knew herbcraft and was constantly working on poultices and other remedies, he was just honest enough to know that was healing more suited to the battlefield or wilderness. And so he had made himself available to teach a class or two on sword and dagger, although he laughed when he recalled how distracted, every burst of frustration or concern, and then happiness had bloomed from the bond, had made him.

After some advice from another Gaidin, he had taken his weapons and worked on both his skill and the Ko’di, the sense of oneness and separation that would helped keep the errant emotions from distracting him in battle. As he had practiced, he had gotten better at working with the bond, the sense of Isla and the eerie knowledge of her exact direction. It truly was impossible to understand before holding a bond, Beron mused as he made his way to their quarters. The Yellow Ajah was not unknown to have Warders, Gareth Ashaman jumping to mind as he nodded in respect to the men and women he passed, all of whom wore yellow shawls or cords, still he was part of a smaller group in the Yellow Quarters.

Entering the room, he smiled as he saw Isla, the bond giving him the sense of her even as he finally saw her again. Seeing she had tea beginning he smiled and placed his sword and axe on the rack thoughtfully provided in the Warder room off the common. Returning he washed quickly at the basin, and leaned over for a kiss with Isla, his hand holding her shoulder gently. “Thanks for the tea, I’m famished,” he said as he took his seat near her on the couch. Smiling at her, he watched as she fussed with the tea set and along with the bond took an intuitive leap. “What’s weighing on you love?”

Bella

Post by Bella » July 23rd, 2018, 12:48 am

Some of the thoughtful shadows fled her face when she sensed Beron approaching, and went further still when he walked in and gave her that quick kiss. She offered him a light smile. "Dinner will be here shortly as well," she said. "I stopped by the kitchens and placed a request for it before returning here."

"What's weighing on you, love?"

That question took a little more to answer, as her smile remained but tinged itself with a sad sobriety. "I had a patient today. The injury was not much, but I had seen him before. He fled to the Tower after escaping the...bloody knuckles of the Whitecloaks. His story was a little familiar and that was tough to handle then.

"Today..." She took a deep breath and sipped her tea. "Well, he confessed a worry to me. He said he has a sister, who is still in a land infested by Whitecloaks, and he had a dream... One of his teachers believes it prophetic. He thinks his sister is a channeler too, and she may well fall equally afoul of the bastards I once called family if she's not rescued."

She pressed her lips together and sighed. "He asked for my help, but... I'm a Yellow. I don't know if it's my place to fetch the girl. Maybe I should arrange someone else to do so, but on the other hand, who knows their workings better than I?"

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » July 23rd, 2018, 4:43 am

Beron
“Thank you for thinking of the meal. I haven’t quite settled into the fact I can simply ask for it to our rooms yet,” Beron said with a soft smile as Isla settled into her chair.

As Isla began to answer his question, Beron realized he had poked a thought she must have been worrying over for much of the day. He watched as she sipped her tea, and he felt a twinge of sympathy when she spoke of having a patient who’s story would have mirrored her own.

But as she continued to speak, he could imagine the tangle of worry and concern she must have been trying to unravel. “He confessed a worry to me. He said he has a sister, who is still in a land infested by Whitecloaks, and he had a dream... One of his teachers believes it prophetic. He thinks his sister is a channeler too, and she may well fall equally afoul of the bastards I once called family if she's not rescued."

Isla held her tea in her lap, the drink forgotten as she pressed her lips together and sighed. "He asked for my help, but... I'm a Yellow. I don't know if it's my place to fetch the girl. Maybe I should arrange someone else to do so, but on the other hand, who knows their workings better than I?"

Beron took a moment to consider the question Isla had posed him, glad that the bond would let her know he had given her full regard even as he weighed the problem. “Light that is a mess,” Beron said as he stood and walked the floor, letting the motion settle his thoughts.

“I don’t know a lot about it, but I remember learning in class that the Aiel and Grey Tower had dreamers who could see the future, and even if it isn’t necessarily true being connected to someone who escaped, will be just as bad for the girl from what you’ve told me,” Beron continued as he finally settled his mind onto the kernel of what she had asked him.

“Isla, I pledged my sword to your cause, my steps to your paths and any loads you chose to carry,” he stopped pacing as his steps had brought him to his sword and weapons as they lay on the rack.

“The Green Ajah might not risk resources to try and rescue a possible Novice, but I can feel your concern thrumming in my own bones,” Beron knelt by her feet then, dagger in his hand, hilt extended towards her. “I know you are a Healer and wear the Yellow, but I remember once you told me you had trained and fought as a warrior with the Whitecloaks before their betrayal of you. Isla, you know them as well as any Saldaean Soldier knows the Blight, and I believe that you are that girls best chance of rescue. I will follow you down that path, you need only ask Isla.”

Bella

Post by Bella » July 24th, 2018, 2:48 am

Despite the fact of their bond and all her years now in the Grey Tower, Isla still struggled to believe that anyone would kneel and swear anything to her. She stared at him, blue eyes verging between confusion and gratitude and tears, as he held his dagger out toward her in a gesture known soldier to soldier in all the lands.

His oath, however, kept the burden of the decision upon her...but in truth, there was no where else it could go. It had to be her choice.

She turned away from him for a moment, glancing toward the window as her mind rushed with thoughts. He would understand, because the bond would explain what was happening. There was so much to consider. How would she handle being face to face with...them again? She may well have to fight some. Could she? Or would she fall apart?

Isla did not believe the boy lying, she believed he had a sister, but was she actually in danger? Could she channel? Would she be found out?

Then again... Could Isla live with herself if she didn't try? If she didn't find out?

With a long, heavy sigh, she bowed her head and then turned to look at Beron. She laid a light hand upon the hilt of the dagger. "We need to know the truth of it, and save that girl if she needs saving," she whispered.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » July 24th, 2018, 5:53 am

Beron
“Well that’s what we will do then love,” said Beron firmly as Isla decided on what she wanted to do with the situation. He knew there was a litany if questions and concerns to deal with, but he also knew there was little point in drowning themselves right away.

As Isla lifted her hand from his dagger, he squeezed her hand before rising and smoothly sheathing his knife once more. A knock on the door interrupted his question before it began, and so he took a moment to collect their trays from the Accepted who curtsied at the door. As he began to divide their meal, he allowed himself to take a moment and enjoy the almost homey moment of sharing a meal with Isla. He passed her plate to her as she sat, knowing she had been on her feet all day, and then sat with his own meal.

“I suppose we need more information first,” Beron said between small bites, his hands tearing chunks of the warm buttery bread. “Is the young man well enough to see you, to give us the name of the town where she lives, where his dream said we might find her.” Beron knew the Whitecloaks bothered large tracts of land with their zealotry, and he did not relish going in with eyes closed to the lay of the land.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 25th, 2018, 1:52 am

Isla didn't have much of an appetite, but both the soldier of her past and the healer of her present knew that a body needed sustenance, especially one that housed a mind and spirit in dilemma and turmoil. She settled herself at the table with Beron, taking comfort in the simple pleasure of sharing a meal with him.

She listened and considered his words. "He has already told me some," she replied, spearing a small piece of meat, eating it before she continued. "But I was uncertain as to what I would do, so I did not ask for much. I will go back to him and find out more, and he will simply have to tell me or there is little we can do.

"I will not run into the situation entirely blind, so we will need whatever information he can tell us." She spoke quite pragmatically, even though she was still emotional on the inside as she ate with focus.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » July 25th, 2018, 3:47 am

Beron
Beron was glad to sit and enjoy the meal, especially if it also meant Isla got a chance to chew the problem over along with her meat. Beron listened as Isla mentioned that she had some information from him, but had planned to get a hold of him before charging in.

“I think that’s best if you ask him, he would have little reason to be as open to me. Once we know that, we can plan for supplies and such,” Beron paused as he thought of something suddenly. “Isla can you Travel? I had never thought to ask before, but it seems important now,” Beron continued as he tried to consider how he could best help Isla carry out her budding rescue.

Landing on a thought he knew she wouldn’t like, but knowing it was doubtless a good idea, Beron finished his tea and collected his dishes for the tray. “I wonder if I shouldn’t scout ahead, I can get the lay of the land, see where their patrols go for one thing. I was a scout before the Grey Tower, which gives me some expertise in learning hostile territory. There might even be a surprise or two we can arrange for anyone pursuing us,” Beron finished grimly, his mind turning to many of the snares and traps his lessons had taught him to be wary of.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 27th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Admittedly, she wasn't particularly excited about the idea of him going into the situation without her. The soldier in her, quiet as she was within her mind, rose up against it...but she was also older now, smarter and more experienced with the world. She knew that just because she didn't like a plan didn't mean that it was a bad plan.

Isla, therefore, didn't allow herself to reply immediately. She rose from the table and moved to the sofa, gesturing for him to follow. As she sat down, she thought about it.

"Perhaps," she said after a long moment. "I think that will depend a lot on what the boy tells me and where, more exactly, it is that we will be going. Once we know more, we can plan. That plan may be suited for needing a scout, or it may not." It was the best she could do to balance being reasonable and being true to herself.

"Oh, and I am able to Travel," she replied to his earlier question. "They teach us all the weave. It's not my best skill, however. I should be able to manage just enough, if needed."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » July 28th, 2018, 5:02 am

Beron

Beron watched as Isla moved from the table and sat down on the couch, following her as she gestured for him to join her. Smiling he gratefully sank into the soft couch, the fact he now shared his own sitting room with Isla a relaxing thought after a long day. As they talked, he
continued to discuss the possibilities with Isla, but he also realized that there was little to be gained until they found out more from the young man.

No plan lasts long once the swords cross Beron thought to himself as he recalled the adage often muttered by the veteran scouts as the army had marched. Long hours were spent in the command tent, only to have an unexpected bridge wash out, or bad weather slow the army down and make the plans useless. “Well I am available if we need to, if not between the two of us we will sort it out.”

"Oh, and I am able to Travel," she replied as he tucked his legs behind her and brought her back to relax against his chair. "They teach us all the weave. It's not my best skill, however. I should be able to manage just enough, if needed."

“That’s good to know, I had just heard that some channellers did not have the strength for Gateways; and I wasn’t sure where you sat with regards to that,” Beron replied as he toyed with her hair and chuckled with the realization that an evening of good food and Isla’s company was quickly going to become a highlight of his day.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik