Dross on the streets [White Tower Group: Patrol]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Lugh
MoNSTer

IRe: Dross on the streets [White Tower Group: Patrol]

Post by Lugh » June 19th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Beron
Natyla signalled for silence and a hush fell over the room they were standing in. Beyond the walls he could hear the snorts and stamping hooves of horses as the riders arrived. Holding his breath, he waited tensely as the noise outside began to settle down.

“Eval! Where are you you flaming drunk, if you boys got drunk again I’ll thrash you,” called out a strong voice filled with annoyance. Beron wondered which of the men lying on the floor in the other room was Eval. The curses grew louder as the speaker grew more agitated. Soon Beron could hear what sounded like boots on cobblestone, and he prepared for them to enter.

Sudden screams erupted through the door, and Beron could well imagine the men had approached to close, allowing Lysira to take her shot. Soon enough a man stumbled in through the door, an arrow protruding from his shoulder as he stumbled into the doorway. Seeing two figures, both with bare steel gave the raven haired man pause for a moment, and when he spied the dagger in Beron’s hand he charged him rather than face a sword.

Beron stood in a loose guard stance, his dagger and free hand both out to help ward off or intercept any strikes, and when the bandit attacked in a wild flurry of sloppy punches, he seemed to move in thick syrup.

Closing the distance, Beron knocked aside a wild punch and drove his knife inwards. The man twisted wildly, but Beron with his offhand clutched and twisted his dirty coat. Pulling the man off balance, Beron waited for an opening as the man struggled to catch himself and plunged his dagger deep into his heart.

Clutching feebly to Beron, the raven haired bandit breathed his last and the Ji’val was forced to throw the body to the ground as other man finally noticed them through the chaos outside.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Dross on the streets [White Tower Group: Patrol]

Post by Bella » June 20th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Natlya wondered if there even was such a thing as a fight that wasn't chaos. She was pretty sure there wasn't.

Between the flash of her steel, joined by Beron's and the shafts of death that Lysira loosed, there was plenty of chaos--noise, blood, bodies, curses, shouts. It ran quite the gamut, but it didn't last long. Lysira was a blademaster with her bow, and Nat was no slouch with a sword. Six bandits caught by surprise didn't really stand much of a chance.

When all was said and done, two were unconscious--tied up and thrown in with their fellows--and four were dead.

Natlya had another bruise on her face to deal with and could feel blood leaking from where the skin over her cheekbone had been split, but she was by and far better off than these men. She looked at Beron. "Are you injured?" she asked, just as Lysira rejoined them, putting arrows back into her quiver.

The silent Gaidin signed and Nat nodded. "We should rejoin the rest of the group and send a better prepared group back to fetch them, see if they know anything useful."
OOC: Psst. I'm pretty sure Beron was still a Drin in this thread? <3 I hope you don't mind that I'm moving towards wrap. It's now so far behind all our other timelines! :lol:

Lugh
MoNSTer

Re: Dross on the streets [White Tower Group: Patrol]

Post by Lugh » June 21st, 2018, 2:32 am

Beron
When all was said and done, two were unconscious--tied up and thrown in with their fellows--and four were dead. Beron had tasted the chaos of battle and the adrenaline surging through him had kept him from noticing the slide on his hand, from shifting his grip mid fight with an opponent. His face was sore, punches received in subduing one of the final enemies.

“I am okay Natyla Gaidin, a small cut that I will get stitched when we return. I tried a grasp and forgot my lack of a blade guard,” Beron said as he shrugged off the cut. Looking around he tried to recall all the action that had led to the defeat of six men; but realized it was a jumble of attacks and counters.
The silent Gaidin signed and Nat nodded. "We should rejoin the rest of the group and send a better prepared group back to fetch them, see if they know anything useful.”

“I think it likely that there will be no other riders for awhile, these men seemed to expect that they were arriving among friends. They rode fast, but there are little clues other than that,” Beron said as he exited the room and collected the horses. Many of them had spooked or ran off, but a couple had remained and he did not want them injured or seized. Following the two Gaidin, he calmed and then led the horses as well.

OOC: That’s a wrap I think. :)

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik