There There (Attn: Bella)

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: There There (Attn: Bella)

Post by Craig » January 31st, 2018, 7:30 pm

Zarayne
Zarayne heard the horses approaching, but she hadn't realised that Natlya would be the one to deliver her horse to her. She found herself caught up in two thoughts: I'm getting too comfortable with being waited upon and I have to cease Natlya from calling me Aes Sedai. One of these was far easier to fix.

"Thank you, Natlya Gaidin." Of course she had to use the title just before saying: "But please, call me Zarayne. Aes Sedai and Gaidin are equals so there's no need to give me honorifics. Unless you prefer it?" That was a possibility, although Zarayne would have rathered it weren't. She led Natlya's gaze towards the other Yellow. "I don't wish to become one of them, caged by an aura of superiority, whether rightfully earned or otherwise. I will live too long a life to find true comfort in self-importance."

Turning back to her companion, a look of humility took over her features. "Sorry, I talk, too much on occasion. And sometimes too freely. It's still a novelty to find myself free to voice an opinion on anything. I imagine it's much the same for Gaidin trainees."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » January 31st, 2018, 10:19 pm

"Then please, just call me Natlya, or Nat if you prefer. I will answer as easily to either," the shorter redhead replied easily. Between her youth and her present-day, she could slide between formality and informality as easily as anything, although her personal preference was always for informality.

She smiled wryly at the woman's comments. "And even Gaidin. While there may be equality in the rank, many channelers--particularly those here longer than others--seem to see us as much as trainees." She shrugged casually. "It's important to blend into any situation. Please know that I am at ease with speeches long or shot, free or tamed."

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » February 5th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Zarayne
Zarayne shook her head. "I am thankful that one of us can blend in, but then I've never been one for deception. It lacks honour and it goes against who I am." She reached up to pull the edges of her shawl inward. "But hopefully we'll have no need for it where we're going. I think everyone will know who we are; Gateways, ageless faces and fancloaks have that effect, I imagine."

More people were making their way into the Channelling Yard. Zarayne recognised the short - albeit not as short as Natlya - Asha'man that rode in mounted on his dappled horse. Keios was Talented not just in Healing but also in Listening to the Wind. She had seen him work with other channellers in the past when a large storm was rushing towards Hama Valon. Being able to dissuade bad weather from following on the heels of a fire would certainly be appreciated by the townfolk of Ely, although Zarayne had no idea if Keios' presence was intentionally due to that, or simply because he was just another person who could Heal.

Behind Keios followed a stick-thin Blue, grey hair put up in a bun. Again Zarayne didn't know the woman's name, but the man behind her leading two horses was Revazi Gaidin. He was in his early twenties and had earned his fancloak during the same week when Zarayne was raised. The Kandori was the practical sort and a great swordsman. She forsaw him moving rubble in the not-too-distant future.

She turned back to Nat. "I think we're waiting on one more," Zarayne commented.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » February 9th, 2018, 11:19 pm

When Zarayne commented on deception being against her nature, Natlya nearly bit her own tongue off. And then, of course, the arrow of recollection shot through her. The tall redhead undoubtedly had some Aiel blood to her, and Natlya was instantly taken back to when Terric learned of her past...

You bloody idiot, where did you go to and why did you leave me behind?

She stifled the thought before the emotional storm behind it could overtake her and instead focused on doing her duty. She was here as Gaidin, and as warder to this Aes Sedai. Others were approaching, and the shorter redhead took note of them. The only one she recognized was Revazi, and him, not well. It seemed she would no know many for this journey.

When Zarayne spoke, Nat turned back and nodded. She almost asked who it was, but realized that it might not be her place, and she would also learn soon enough.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik