'What do you mean I work too hard?' [attn: Gareth]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

'What do you mean I work too hard?' [attn: Gareth]

Post by Roan » May 10th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Riahana Ferria Gaidin
The few clouds that dotted the evening sky glowed various shades of pink, orange and red as the sun started its journey below the horizon. The cacophony of birdsong from birds starting to roost for the evening serenaded those still working in the Warder Yards. In one quiet corner, there was one soul who moved with the deadly grace of an elite warrior. Silent footsteps moved back and forth, transitioning from one form to another as silver glinted off a blade in the evening light.

Any who might be watching would struggle somewhat thanks to the Fancloak that flowed with the fighter’s every move. From Swallow Glides to the Branch, with sword held diagonally, point leading as the Gaidin moved forward, to The Swallow Takes Flight, where the sword moved along its diagonal path into a thrust aimed at an invisible opponent’s neck. The Gaidin’s feet moved with purpose as the sword was brought around in a wide arc, as if to keep multiple opponents at bay (The Cyclone on the Plane).

“Gaidin!”

The voice went unheeded as the Heron-marked sword sliced through the air, and one form gave way to another.

“Riahana Ferria Gaidin!” the voice called out, this time louder, with the messenger much closer.

The blade came to stop a centimeter from the man’s neck, and he let out an audible gasp. “Gareth Asha’man sent me for you, Gaidin. He told me to give you this,” the man all but stammered as he held out a sealed envelope.

Steel blue eyes locked on the man as Ria seemed to consider what he’d said. To the poor messenger, he felt as if he was being judged by the woman on the other end of the sword. He couldn’t help it when he swallowed hard and gave a sigh of relief when she lowered and then sheathed her blade. “Thank you, Ji’val,” was all Riahana said as she took the envelope from him. She did not appreciate being interrupted when she was going through her forms, but let her annoyance roll off of her thanks to the Void. Do not kill the messenger. . .and if your husband has sent you a summons. . .do not be so blasted stubborn, woman.

Stepping down as Mistress of Arms seemed a good thing at the time, but truth be told, the woman wasn’t entirely sure what to do with herself now. She thought she wouldn’t miss the weight of responsibility she had to bare as part of the Triumvirate, and thought Ravak more than ready. She thought she was ready to go back to just being Riahana Ferria Gaidin, Warder and wife to Gareth Asha’man, and mother to Tia and Einion.

She felt empty.

Ria looked to the envelope, and broke Gareth’s wax seal. She realized the Ji’val hadn’t left, and looked up, “Are you waiting for something?”

“What? Oh. . .no. I. . .I was just going,” the poor man stammered and almost tripped over his own feet as he turned to make his escape.

Once she was alone, Ria opened the envelope and read. A small smile found its way to her lips and she felt that warm, familiar bundle in the depths of her mind. The note simply said, “Come home.” Wiping sweat from her brow with the back of her hand, Ria let warmth and love trickle over the bond she shared with Gareth and looked across the Warder Yards as twilight descended upon the grounds.

The Gaidin and former Mistress of Arms wasted no more time to return to her family quarters in the halls of the Yellow Ajah. With each step, she could sense herself drawing closer to her bondmate, knowing he was waiting for her. It did not take her long to reach the door to their rooms, and she stepped in without a moment’s pause. She wasn’t surprised to find Gareth sitting on the couch, and held up his note, “You summoned me?” She couldn’t help her amused smile.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: 'What do you mean I work too hard?' [attn: Gareth]

Post by Bella » May 11th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Gareth Tomosan was a man with a plan.

This wasn't something that was always true. It really wasn't the job of a Yellow to have a plan, because they existed to react to things. They were reactive rather than proactive, and over the years, that had been deeply ingrained into him. It was part of his nature. Maybe it had been part of his nature before and that's why Yellow worked so well...aside from the Healing Talent.

Either way, he had a plan now. His wife's discontent since stepping down was impossible to miss, since he wasn't as dense as he might have looked in the first place. He had supported her decision, but was not in the least surprised now by the feelings she was dealing with. However, he planned to make the most of the circumstance.

Hence, the plan.

He felt the swell of the bond long before the door opened, and when it did, he looked up from what he had been reading and smiled a small, amused smile. You summoned me? she asked with an amusement that echoed his own. Chuckling, he put the book aside on the table beside the sofa and stood.

"It seemed a good way to get your attention," he rumbled and then waved a hand back towards the door, where beside it, there were a pair of packed leather saddlebags. "Your schedule is clear. We are going to go on a short trip," he said simply. He wasn't usually so...decisive and dictating, but sometimes, it was important.

Roan

Post by Roan » May 11th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Riahana Gaidin
Ria arched a brow as she listened to her husband, and tilted her head slightly before she looked to the packed saddlebags and then back to Gareth. He’d announced they were going on a trip with such conviction, but the news came as a surprise to Ria, as it was fairly atypical of her husband. Her arched brow went up a little more as she studied his face, “My schedule is. . .technically clear, but I can’t go on a trip now, love.”

The Gaidin let go a soft sigh and shook her head, “We’re still transitioning certain things to Ravak, and I’m providing counsel and guidance given he’s still new to the role.” In her mind, it was not a lie, though deep down it was more about the need to be useful and. . .relevant than anything else.

She offered Gareth a warm smile, “I appreciate the. . .the thought, love.”

Bella

Post by Bella » May 13th, 2017, 11:56 pm

He listened with the sort of stoic stillness that he approached many things in life. The only difference between here and when it was with other people meant that she would sense what he was feeling over the bond as well. And what she was feeling was patience, but also a certain level of wry non-acceptance.

Gareth knew her too well.

"You're mistaking this for something that is optional, my wife," he said, moving towards her and taking her hands. "You know I'm not the sort to make demands or push any matter, but sometimes, things are too important to let go on their own.

"The truth is that you know Ravak Darrow." That brought an amused curve to his lips in a small smirk. The fact that the man was now bonded to his kin-in-law was a source of amusement, and a bit of bewilderment, for both him and his wife, but so long as Mia was content... However, that being said, they also knew that she would not accept a man without a certain headstrong quality.

As such, he was likely to drive his head through the wall on his own path to understanding the job, and what Riahana said or didn't say probably wasn't going to change much. Her stated need to say was more for her sake than Ravak's, and Gareth and she both knew that.

"As your husband, and your Yellow, I dictate that you need this trip," he rumbled. "And if you argue, I will throw you over my shoulder and carry you out of the Tower." The bond, and the Three Oaths, proved that he meant just what he said.

Roan

Post by Roan » May 21st, 2017, 4:19 pm

Riahana 'Stubborn Wife' Gaidin
Ria met his gaze with her own as Gareth took her hands in his. She listened, feeling the warmth from him along their bond. When he mentioned Ravak, she looked away as she felt a twinge of annoyance. The Gaidin let go a frustrated sigh, though she knew her husband was right. Ravak was as stubborn as any Sha’hal, and perhaps a good match for Mia. The man likely would listen to her counsel, but would do it his own way. He’d followed his own path as Master of Training, and Gaidin Captain. . .why would it be any different as Master of Arms.

Why did it bother her so much when stepping down had been her own bloody idea?

The thought was pushed aside as Gareth threatened to carry her out of the Tower on his shoulder. It was something they’d teased each other about before, but neither had actually followed through on the threat. The Gaidin’s lips twitched as she looked to the saddle bags, and then back to her husband. He was not going to budge on his position.

Riahana was going on vacation. Might as well start the fun now.

The twitching lips turned into a smirk as she arched a brow and folded her arms, “Then I dare say you will have to carry me out of here on your shoulder, Gareth Asha’man, husband of mine.”

Bella

Post by Bella » May 25th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Somehow he was both surprised and not surprised in the least that she replied as she did. His woman had all the stubbornness of the females of her bloodline, so he really didn't expect anything else...but then again, she knew that he fully meant what he said and she wasn't the type to let herself look, dare we call it, foolish before others.

"Never one to make it too easy, are you, love?" he said with that crooked smile of his. He moved towards her, although didn't make a move to follow through on his 'threat.' Instead, he bent down and put their bags over one of his broad shoulders.

Then he stepped back and leveled a long look at her. Her lips had given into their twitching and were now in full smirk mode, the one side lifted matching the arched brow. She was still as beautiful as the day he'd met her...and just as bullheaded and stubborn, which was amusing to him at the moment.

"As my wife commands," he said simply, then bent his big form and with speed and grace that should not have been possible at his side, he picked her up over his shoulder, holding her in place with one arm. "Last chance to change your mind before we walk through the halls this way."

Roan

Post by Roan » May 27th, 2017, 12:36 am

Riahana
Riahana Gaidin did not shriek, as a rule, nor did she giggle, but rules were often made to be broken, and she did both when her husband scooped her onto his shoulder. The giggle turned into a laugh as she looked to him, shaking her head, “I bare no titles other than your wife and Warder, thus nothing to prove to any out in those halls. By all means, carry on.

“If you insist I must go on vacation, then I insist you must carry me at least as far as the stables and my mount,” she teased. Another bout of laughter came to her, and she teased, “If you are not careful, I may just get you to carry me anywhere I might otherwise have to walk.” Ria squirmed a little, making herself a bit more comfortable over Gareth’s shoulder, “If not like this, then on your back. Piggy-back. . .sounds fun, I must admit.”

Bella

Post by Bella » May 31st, 2017, 2:25 am

It was Gareth's turn to laugh, although he--as a biological fact--did not giggle. It was a louder, deeper sound more akin to a boom. Even as well as he knew his wife, he never would have imagined she'd be okay with him carrying her like this through the halls. If anyone asked, he knew all he'd have to say was he was trying to convince her to vacation.

They all knew her well enough to understand.

"I don't like that idea as much," he admitted, smacking her on the rear with his free hand. "I like this view better." With that, he hefted the bags over his other shoulder a little more and then was out the door. They certainly got more than a few strange looks, some gasps and some laughs, but no one asked.

After all, would you dare to stop a man of Gareth's size who was willing to carry the former Mistress of Arms over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes?

Roan

Post by Roan » June 1st, 2017, 1:47 am

Riahana
Ria let go a very uncharacteristic yelp as he smacked her rear, but laughed easily, “I’m sure you do like this view better.” She would have wiggled if she could, but being suspended over his shoulder as she was, it wasn’t quite so easy. Not a moment later, they were walking through the halls and getting all manner of expressions from those who happened to catch sight of the giant Yellow carrying the former Mistress of Arms over his shoulder.

Truth be told, it wasn’t wholly comfortable, but Ria was willing to endure a little discomfort for a bit of amusement. It then occurred to her that while Gareth insisted they were going on vacation together, he didn’t exactly share where they were going, or how they were getting there. Given the saddlebags, she guessed they’d be riding at least part of the way.

Looking to the back of his head once again, she asked, “So. . .where exactly are we going for this vacation you are so insistent I need?”

Bella

Post by Bella » June 6th, 2017, 2:20 am

As they walked along, Gareth had a flash of their children in his mind and the mortified expressions on their faces had they seen the way their parents were behaving in that moment. Of course, it was repayment for the toddler years that you got to thoroughly embarrass them later as you lived your own second youth.

Which was, apparently, what was going on for Gareth and Riahana. It had been years since he had done something like this, and he was inwardly amused.

"I might just make you wait and see," he rumbled with outward amusement that echoed what he felt inwardly. Her stubbornness had made him feel playful, and now he wasn't too enthused to let that go. He already had all the plan, so all he had to do was bring her along with him...which he was already doing.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik