'What do you mean I work too hard?' [attn: Gareth]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: 'What do you mean I work too hard?' [attn: Gareth]

Post by Roan » July 5th, 2017, 7:41 pm

Riahana Gaidin
Riahana Gaidin, former Mistress of Arms gave her Ward and husband a look of disbelief, and shook her head, “I asked first!” (Very Gaidinly, right?) When the man’s expression didn’t waver at all, Ria let go what would sound like a frustrated sigh except for the mischevious smirk that found its way to her lips, “Fine.” She said not another word as she took his hand in hers and lead him to the bedroom. ~~ Sometime later ~~ It was still daylight out, but it seemed only just. Husband and wife hadn’t left the confines of the bedroom since Ria made it very clear what she wanted to do first. (Both Ria and her writerly person are #SorryNotSorry.) Letting go a content sigh as she rested her head on Gareth’s shoulder, Ria let her fingers idly trace up and down his chest, “I am not sure I can remember the last time we were able to spend the better part of a full day in such a way.”

She kissed his shoulder and nuzzled her head onto it once again, “How long is this vacation supposed to last, then?”

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » July 6th, 2017, 2:43 am

Gareth chuckled, the sound little more than a deep rumbling somewhere in the center of his chest. His big arms held her close to his chest as she fidgeted and traced and kissed and nuzzled, all of which fondly amused him. He, on the other hand, felt like he wouldn't be moving again in any way for a while.

"At least three days," he replied. "I did not presume I could keep you away for much longer than that, but I am not ruling out the possibility of going back to the Tower just long enough to tell them to not wait up." Her grinned crookedly.

Roan

Post by Roan » July 9th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Riahana Gaidin
“Mmm. . .three days, hmm? That *might* be enough time to rest, relax and unwind, though it is tempting to tell those back at the tower not to wait up,” Ria replied. She finally let her hand simply rest on his chest as she felt her eyelids grow heavy. It would have been so easy to drift off to sleep in that moment. When was the last time they’d had such a peaceful moment between the two of them?

As much as she enjoyed being Mistress of Arms, it did mean long hours and those hours when she was ‘off duty,’ she was never really off duty. There had been enough nights when aides had come knocking on their door that Ria put a firm rule in place. . .two hours after dinner until an hour after dawn the following morning were off limits unless it was a life or death matter.

With a soft laugh, she mumbled into his chest, “The one potential flaw in all of this is that we might have to move to get food, and right now, I don’t think I want to let you off of this bed.”

Bella

Post by Bella » July 13th, 2017, 12:50 am

His quiet laugh rumbled like a small earthquake in his chest beneath her touch. "Sadly true," he said, continuing with amusement. "It may be that I have the use of the One Power, but even that use has limitations. I'm afraid that I do not have the line of sight necessary to try to bring the food to use...though maybe if we better rearrange our supplies for the future."

Roan

Post by Roan » July 14th, 2017, 2:52 pm

Riahana Gaidin
As relaxed as she was, it didn’t take much for Ria to drift off to sleep with her head on Gareth’s shoulder. It wasn’t a long slumber by any means, but perhaps thirty minutes later or so, the Gaidin’s eyes fluttered open. Looking up, she saw her husband’s eyes were still closed and the bundle at the back of her mind suggested he still slumbered. Giving him a gentle kiss on his chest, Ria quietly pulled herself out of bed and pulled her trousers on before moving to the main living area of the cabin.

Given they were in the middle of the Mountains, the air was quite a bit cooler. They didn’t need one now, but Ria got the fireplace ready for a small fire to help give them light and heat the place later in the evening. Fortunately, she had Gareth who could use the Source to get the fire going, but she still liked the idea of building a fire the more conventional way. Moving to the kitchen area, Ria grabbed the bag Gareth suggested was packed with food for their little excursion.

Minutes later, Ria had a plate full of sliced cheese, sliced sausage, sliced apple and berries along with a basket of bread. To go along with it, she also found one wineskin full of. . .well, wine. Gathering everything up, Ria padded back into the bedroom, placing the plate and basket on a table next to the bed just as Gareth seemed to stir. “I brought snacks and wine if you are so inclined,” she said, offering him a warm smile as she climbed back on the bed.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 18th, 2017, 2:49 am

The sensation of waking over the bond had been enough to start him stirring, but since there was no sense of concern or urgency, he hadn't bothered to rouse himself further. When she left the bad, he almost did though just so he could grab her and not let her leave, but he didn't because he was sure she moved for purpose.

When she returned, he did wake up when she spoke and returned to his side. He wrapped large arms around her and pulled her in with a quiet rumble. "You were gone too long," he teased in a low voice. "However, bringing food makes up for it. Mostly."

Roan

Post by Roan » July 28th, 2017, 12:36 pm

Riahana
Riahana laughed softly as he pulled her close, “Let that be a lesson to us both, then, to make sure anything we might need is in your line of sight so that you can fetch it without leaving the comfort and coziness of the bed.” She spoke in soft tones, just above a whisper. It somehow seemed wrong to speak any louder.

“I also got the fireplace ready for a fire. . .I think it will be cool enough this evening to warrant one,” she snuggled in, kissing his chest once more. “For now, I’m content to lay here and enjoy a good snuggle while we snack a bit.”

Smirking as she met his eyes, Ria went on, “So I had first choice of what we did on our vacation. It’s your turn, though I am not any hurry to leave the bed.”

Bella

Post by Bella » July 29th, 2017, 1:38 am

Gareth let out another long, rumbling chuckle. There was ever that air of mountains moving against each other when he spoke. Although he did not tend towards...being wound as tightly as his warder-wife could be, too much relaxation was still not something frequently granted to him. Being a Yellow was hardly lackadaisical, after all. So, this was a nice change of pace for him as well.

"I think I've already voiced my dislike for the idea of moving out of the bed any time soon," he pointed out. "Although I was thinking that we could go for a ride in the morning. There are some trails around here, big enough for the horses and us all together that would be nice in a quiet mid-morning."

Roan

Post by Roan » July 29th, 2017, 7:47 am

Riahana
Any tension Ria may have held was long gone thanks to their rather intimate start to their holiday. In a very un-Gaidinly way, she nuzzled in close to her husband, food and wine all but forgotten. “A mid-morning ride sounds nice, and it means we both get our wish to remain in bed for a bit longer.

Draping one arm across her husband, she kissed his neck and let out a long and content sigh, “I concede that you were right, and I needed this break. I enjoyed my time as part of the Triumvirate, though I’ll admit I wouldn’t mind a slower pace. More than that, I wouldn’t mind more time to spend with you.” For her to admit as much out loud was no small feat for the mostly stoic Gaidin. She wouldn’t likely admit as much to anyone other than her husband.

Gareth would still have responsibilities to the Infirmary, though his schedule was usually flexible. Perhaps the two of them could spend more quality time with one another? That was so long as Ria didn’t throw herself into something else. She was not one who idled well.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 2nd, 2017, 1:45 am

When all was said and done, the pair did not really leave the bed that often. There was the occasional foray out for necessities, and they did get that morning ride, but... Well. That was mostly it. And they were just fine with that. Not as Asha'man and Gaidin, but as husband and wife, it was a nice way to pass some time. To forget about darker things for a while.

And when they returned to the Tower, on schedule, both of them could return to the day-by-day of their lives with renewed spirits.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik