A Not-So-Blind Date [Attn: Tia Tomosan]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: A Not-So-Blind Date [Attn: Tia Tomosan]

Post by Bella » January 28th, 2018, 7:13 pm

A shadow crossed over his mind then, although he did his best to keep as much of it out of his face as possible. She didn't need to know about any of that. He smiled again, although this one was a little more forced. "I suppose you are right," he said, inclining his head slightly towards her. "The value of such personal stories falls to the listener, more than the speaker, to determine."

But didn't everyone have things in their lives that they did not wish to share? Things that they were not proud of? He was simply no different than anyone else...right?

"But you can't blame me for thinking you far more interesting than myself," he finally declared.

Before she could reply, there was a knock at the door. Although he knew it was, more than likely, their dinner being brought, his Gaidin Face dropped into place and he rose to answer it. He pulled the door open a little to look out, saw it was their meal, and nodded to let the man in. This servant was used to dealing with Aes Sedai and Gaidin and Asha'man, so he just carried it in, set it on the table, bowed politely to them both, and left without a word.

Roan
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » February 5th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia watched Bryn as he moved to answer the door, and waited until the servant made his exit before continuing their conversation. She pulled her dish closer to her, but waited for the Gaidin to join her at the table once again before she started to eat. Giving him a wry grin as she shook her head slightly, “I am not so sure why you think myself more interesting than you, but in this case I shall listen to my own advice and suggest perhaps I am more interesting than I realize.”

Her look turned somewhat coy as she picked a piece of roasted parsnip with her fork and popped it into her mouth. After washing it down with a bit of wine, she gave a half shrug, “I suppose over then next little while, we shall have a chance to judge for ourselves how interesting we actually are to each other.” Part of her realized how confusing her turn of phrase could be, but suspected he’d get her meaning.

The Green sister pulled her gaze from his and started to slice into the roasted venison the kitchen provided. “I would never dare tell the Mistress of the Kitchens at the Tower this, but I think the Citadel has a better cook,” she said after tasting a bit of the roast.

Bella
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Bella » February 10th, 2018, 12:17 am

Bryn had shaken off his shadows once again by the time he sat down and joined her in eating their meal. Her comment and the coyness to her look did not pass him by and he smiled crookedly, although didn't comment on that. It did suddenly make the meal feel a little closer than it had a moment ago...

...but he didn't comment on that either.

Instead, like any good soldier, he began eating the hot meal that was in front of him. After all, it might well just be cold rations for a while after that.

Her comment about the Mistress of the Kitchens made him laugh, though. "Only say that to her if you have a death wish," he said. "I think she is easily the most terrifying person in the Tower. No offense to your kin, but I am sure even Miahala Sedai would agree."

Roan
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » February 11th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia laughed softly, “As I said, I would never dare say it to her.” It amused her to think others thought her Memma terrifying, though she’d seen her Memma in battle on more than one occasion, so she also understood the sentiment. “Memma would likely agree, yes. There are certain people in the Tower even she would not cross,” the Green admitted.

She took a bite of the venison, “I mean. . .seriously, how does she get roasted venison so juicy?” Picking up her glass, she washed down the meat with a bit of wine. “Her cooking makes it that much harder to venture beyond the Citadel gates. Trading this in for cold rations is never very appealing.” She looked up with an easy smile, “But if we’re lucky, this first little forray may not take too long.”

The Green took another few bites of roasted veggies, “How long has it been since you’ve been to the Citadel?”

Bella
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Bella » February 13th, 2018, 11:28 pm

This meal felt...awkward.

Why did it feel awkward? Brynmor ate his food slowly and struggled to understand. When they had first met at her kin's wedding--Miahala was her...great-great-grandmother?--it hadn't been awkward at all. In fact, it had been one of the easiest meetings he'd ever experienced, and he relished that.

When they'd met again at that festival, before it all went sliding into the pit and even a brief war, it had been a little awkward at first with the presence of her parents, but not between he and Tia. And then several other meetings... What was different about this? He could pick out some differences, sure, but they all seemed superficial.

Bryn stifled a sigh at his lack of conclusions and focused on her question.

"Given my unbonded status, I try to make myself available fairly frequently," he replied. "I make regular trips here to the Citadel and lend my aid, either in those venturing out of the grounds or to help train the guards who don't come from the Tower. Although admittedly, it's been a little longer since I've been here this time around since I've been caught up in training duties in the Yards."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik